OT: 2008 Elections/Politics thread, Part 2

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Jackdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jackdog »

Inuyasha wrote:Never said all repub are racists just some of the ones posting here. Let me take that back, ignorant is the better term. And if those think sexist comments are ok in our society, then I can't understand that kind of thinking.
OK. Were not in society. We're on an internet forum. The DSP forum. Where all sick fu*ks (Including yourself) post bullshit about everything. We mean to offend. It should be our f*cking motto here. So pull your panties outta your a$$ and admit that you would like to grab that fine GILF and take that booty to task. Otherwise leave man. All of us ignorant racist,sexist,pukes will be here waiting for you when you come back. :wink: :lol:
Last edited by Jackdog on Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://www.ideaspot.net/flags/Big_10/small/mich-sm.gif[/img][img]http://www.ideaspot.net/nfl/NFC_North/small/pack1-sm.gif[/img]

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Inuyasha wrote:Isn't family values a big part of the rep campaign?
Let's see:

1. Bristol Palin is keeping the child.
2. Bristol Palin is marrying the child's father.
3. Todd and Sarah Palin have expressed unconditional support and love for their daughter and the unborn child.

What the hell else should they do to prove family values? Have Ward and June Cleaver as the godparents?

If anything, what the Palins are going through makes them even more real. They can identify with the perplexing choices and decisions facing teen girls in America today better than most recent candidates -- they're living it.

Take care,
PK

Jackdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jackdog »

pk500 wrote:
JackDog wrote:I have an interview with Joe Scarborough on MSNBC in the AM. We are going to talk about the WWP fundraising breakfast on Wednesday morning. I'll say hi to all the DSP nuts.
Great shots, Jack. Quite an experience for Dom. And Day 1, and you're not in the St. Paul klink -- that's progress, brother!

Any idea what time you're going to be on Scarborough? No worries if you don't -- I'll just record the whole damn morning tomorrow on MSNBC.

Take care,
PK
Thanks man. It depends on Gustav. I was bumped from Fox News this morning and rightly so. I'll give you a call when I know for sure.
[img]http://www.ideaspot.net/flags/Big_10/small/mich-sm.gif[/img][img]http://www.ideaspot.net/nfl/NFC_North/small/pack1-sm.gif[/img]

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

pk500 wrote:
JackDog wrote:I have an interview with Joe Scarborough on MSNBC in the AM. We are going to talk about the WWP fundraising breakfast on Wednesday morning. I'll say hi to all the DSP nuts.
Great shots, Jack. Quite an experience for Dom. And Day 1, and you're not in the St. Paul klink -- that's progress, brother!

Any idea what time you're going to be on Scarborough? No worries if you don't -- I'll just record the whole damn morning tomorrow on MSNBC.

Take care,
PK
Yeah...good stuff Jack...

youtube :)

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Jared wrote:I think Teal is talking about something different Inuyasha (there's an unfounded and untrue rumor that VP Palin's youngest child is actually her daughter's child).

Precisely.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

pk500 wrote:
Let's see:

3. Todd and Sarah Palin have expressed unconditional support and love for their daughter and the unborn child.

What the hell else should they do to prove family values? Have Ward and June Cleaver as the godparents?

If anything, what the Palins are going through makes them even more real. They can identify with the perplexing choices and decisions facing teen girls in America today better than most recent candidates -- they're living it.

Take care,
PK

Precisely #2.

Jackdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jackdog »

Jared wrote:I think Teal is talking about something different Inuyasha (there's an unfounded and untrue rumor that VP Palin's youngest child is actually her daughter's child).
I heard about that today. That's some wacky s*** man.

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

SPTO wrote:Here's my take on the Fowler/Olbermann/Moore stuff.

This isn't specific to the actual comments but it's something i've noticed about the Democratic party since '04 at the earliest. I believe that the MoveOn.Org types and those on the ultra left have polluted the main line Democratic Party to the point that the caricature of a Democrat (or as anyone not on the right has been stained as, a Liberal) is now the dominant view. These far lefters have injected a lot of, I wouldn't say anti-Americanism because I do believe they love the country as much as anyone else but it's more of an exaggerated "gadfly effect". They feel that the best way to combat the Right is to be super critical of everything they do and sometimes even laugh and condemn the Right for mismanagement or what have you.

It's interesting to see the change though as the Democratic party for the last 30 years have been a "bread and butter" party that sticks to domestic policy such as the economy, the budget, health care etc etc. The party has now morphed into a somewhat bitter collection of people who think they can do everything better then the GOP and trying to make themselves seem like great diplomatic types by clinging onto the notion that everything can be negotiated. (which has been a hallmark of the party since Carter but it's exaggerated now) There is now an emphasis on being beligerant (sp) rather then trying to push the positives. I think that's one reason why Obama became so popular so fast. The guy projects a very positive image not wholly unlike Clinton did for most of his time in the national spotlight.

In the end, the Democratic party is on the verge of becoming the party of the nattering nabobs of negativism (anyone want to guess where I got that from? :) ) taking glee on every bit of misfortune and always attacking while never offering any practical solutions.
Sorry but your post shows a lack of ignorance towards the process.

Every and I mean EVERY presidential candidate runs away from the previous administration unless they are off the same party. Kennedy did that with Eisenhower. Nixon did that with LBJ. Clinton away from Bush Sr. (Insert intern joke). Bush away from Clinton (Insert second intern joke).

Let me remind you that parties have no control of anything. They can only raise lost of cash to spend on their propaganda. While they do have some influence on elected officials it's not technically the parties that wield the power. The respective majority or minority groups in the two houses and executive.

Read JFK's convention speech and some of the JFK/Nixon debates. He actually takes about tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans in contrast with the stagnant tax rates under Eisenhower.

And where were you under the two Bush campaigns. W was very belligerent democrats as well as Republicans running against him. How quickly forget Karl Rove's influence on the election.

The democrats aren't more of anything they are just the party that's in the lead this season. Before the party did the same thing but couldn't win so their bite had no teeth.

Your post is misguided and singles out the democrats party but in truth, both parties are guilty of this. It's just the Dems turn this year.
[url=http://sensiblecoasters.wordpress.com/][b]Sensible Coasters - A critique of sports games, reviews, gaming sites and news. Questionably Proofread![/b][/url]

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

JackDog wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

wow, this is so racist. If you can't find the racism in this, then I guess you guys are true republicans.

So let's see, racist pictures of Obama, and overtly sexist comments about their own republican VP Nominee. And when it's pointed out, you guys think it's some kind of joke. If someone made the same kind of sexist remarks in a workplace, they'd be disciplined.
OK. I am black and I thought that was funny. Dave Chappelle made a great living with this kind of comedy. But if you think that's racist cool. But calling all Repulicans racist? Wow. Wanna see racist? Google cartoons of Condi Rice and get back too me.
It's insensitive and it doesn't matter who you are.
[url=http://sensiblecoasters.wordpress.com/][b]Sensible Coasters - A critique of sports games, reviews, gaming sites and news. Questionably Proofread![/b][/url]

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Now what's this Scandal about Palin and some firing of a state official?

I just saw Obama's reaction to Palin's daughters pregnancy and he said it right, that candidates kids are off limits and that the press should back off. Nice job by Obama.

Too bad guys like Hannity and Limbaugh wouldn't think the same if the shoe was on the other foot.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Scandal #99....

:lol:

Anyone hear the one about her not returning her library books yet?

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Looks like she hired a Lawyer to look into the firing............hmmm.......reminds me of when Clinton was president and put together his own 'independent committee' to look into whitewater.

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

pk500 wrote:
Let's see:

Take care,
PK
Not really. I don't get the big to-do with the daughter being pregnant. Well I do get it because what the left is trying to say is focus that a girl from a conservative family has sex and got pregnant.

Let's not go and congratulate the girl for having irresponsible sexual relations as a teenager. While we don't know the circumstances and it could be she was on the pill and the condom broke.

And we shouldn't be applauding them keeping the baby. That's like applauding someone for something they should do. Yes one can bring up abortion or adoption as options to young girls but that's like applauding a father for being a good father.

I don't think she should be singled out though the left will try to make a story out of this. Hell I would say this has nothing to do with the Governor's ability to be a good VP or President. Maybe a mom that shouldn't have had one more "talk" with her daughter but I don't see how this reflects on her ability to lead a country.

Jackdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jackdog »

JRod wrote: It's insensitive and it doesn't matter who you are.
Speak for yourself.

Jackdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jackdog »

JRod wrote:
What? Lack of ignorance is a good thing right?

SPTO
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by SPTO »

JRod wrote:

Your post is misguided and singles out the democrats party but in truth, both parties are guilty of this. It's just the Dems turn this year.
I'm confused, first you say my post shows a lack of ignorance then you say it's misguided? Talk about mixed messages!

I was mainly talking about the Dems because the topic was about them. If you wanted me to come out with an assessment of the GOP party machinery it'd be two pages long!

(slight exaggeration)

Hey Jackdog, i'll be looking out for you tomorrow as I usually watch Scarborough's show.

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

JackDog wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
It still isn't as bad as this, especially coming from the McCain Camapaign :

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01979.html
Another idiot.
Wasn't he also fired or dismissed sooon after this as well? It's not like he got promoted for being a moron.
-Matt

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

Feanor wrote:I don't care what Moore might have said later on, his opening chuckling comment at a hurricane that might be about to kill innocent people is completely out of line.
I watched the 7 minute version and I agree.
-Matt

Jackdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jackdog »

SPTO wrote:
JRod wrote:

I'm confused, first you say my post shows a lack of ignorance then you say it's misguided? Talk about mixed messages!

I was mainly talking about the Dems because the topic was about them. If you wanted me to come out with an assessment of the GOP party machinery it'd be two pages long!

(slight exaggeration)

Hey Jackdog, i'll be looking out for you tomorrow as I usually watch Scarborough's show.
His last 2 posts confused the hell outta me. That's not hard to do though. :lol:

Cool. I'll be the 6'3 lightskinned bald brother with one leg. :wink:

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

JackDog wrote:
JRod wrote:
What? Lack of ignorance is a good thing right?
:lol: ....good stuff...

FatPitcher
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FatPitcher »

Inuyasha wrote:Looks like she hired a Lawyer to look into the firing............hmmm.......reminds me of when Clinton was president and put together his own 'independent committee' to look into whitewater.
You must have misunderstood. The Alaska State Legislature is investigating it, and that panel is headed by a Democrat. The accuser is someone who lost to her in the governor's race in 2006. The state hired an attorney to defend her, as it would for anyone in the governor's seat.

And just for the record, the special prosecutor appointed by Clinton (Ken Starr) was one mean S.O.B. who put a few of Clinton's friends behind bars and did everything he could to put Clinton there, too. Possibly would have if Jim McDougal hadn't died behind bars, but it's hard to say. In any case, Clinton definitely didn't do himself any favors with the appointment.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

FatPitcher wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:Looks like she hired a Lawyer to look into the firing............hmmm.......reminds me of when Clinton was president and put together his own 'independent committee' to look into whitewater.
You must have misunderstood. The Alaska State Legislature is investigating it, and that panel is headed by a Democrat. The accuser is someone who lost to her in the governor's race in 2006. The state hired an attorney to defend her, as it would for anyone in the governor's seat.

And just for the record, the special prosecutor appointed by Clinton (Ken Starr) was one mean S.O.B. who put a few of Clinton's friends behind bars and did everything he could to put Clinton there, too. Possibly would have if Jim McDougal hadn't died behind bars, but it's hard to say. In any case, Clinton definitely didn't do himself any favors with the appointment.
I wasn't talking about Ken Starr. I was talking about Clinton's first term when he appointed a special committee to look into it that was a sham. Of course they found nothing was done wrong.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Hey Rod, Siam:

Never heard you decry this one...

THIS one is insensitive and racist. That other one is just true. That some hypersensitive white guy would find racist 'undertones' in the Cream of Wheat pic is a stretch...but you don't have to stretch too far to find it in the Condi cartoon.

I have it on word from a black brother that he doesn't see the problem. I meant nothing at all racist about the damned picture. Ergo, you can try to make a sow's ear from a silk purse if you'd like. Have at it.
Last edited by Teal on Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JohnnytheSkin
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by JohnnytheSkin »

JackDog wrote:These two sick f*cks have gone so far in their hatred for GWB and the Republicans that they appear to be rejoicing in any and all disasters that take place in our nation or around the world. The death of any soldier in Iraq, or the destruction of any home in New Orleans is no longer a tragedy to Olbermann, rather it is more material for his show and his hatred of the President. How sad when people like this actually take pleasure in the death and destruction of others. Olbermann should have ripped the fat off of Moore's ass for that comment instead of kissing it.
Sorry for the Alanis Morrisette quote, but:

"isn't it ironic...don't you think?"

While I like Olbermann, and despise Moore, the timing is as I mentioned, EXTREMELY ironic.

With Mr. McCain playing high and mighty "country first" leader [and gag me on that slogan, as if Obama hates America, LOL] and the whole RNC turning into a kumbaya moment for fundraising, the question of who is profiting off of this "disaster" (and it's no Katrina) is the question that should be asked now.

JohnnytheSkin
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by JohnnytheSkin »

JackDog wrote:[
Bullshit man. Were talking lives here. Not some stupid joke from an evangelist. .
And it's only a joke because you see it as such and agree with him. Sorry, Stuart "whatever his goddamn last name was" for Focus on the Family was clearly eager for God to allow a deluge on Obama's outdoor speech...if he didn't, they wouldn't have been so gung-ho getting YouTube to pull all the videos of said idiotic video.

Quit playing innocent when McCain campaign and their ilk have been playing the patriotism and God card for much longer, and frankly, should have been called on it by their candidate themselves (aka the McCain 2000).