GTA IV

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

fletcher21 wrote:Can you only save at your house? No saving at any point?
It saves after you complete missions automatically...or at the house at any time.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

fletcher21 wrote:Can you only save at your house? No saving at any point?
It autosaves after every completed mission...
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

kicko wrote:anyone else getting freezing? I read this one a 360 site and figured it was just fanboy bickering.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nf/59531;_ylt=A ... oNKcwDW7oF
From what I read most of the problems are with the 60gig PS3, there are 360 freezing but there is no common link in those. Also the article I read said it was affecting a lot more PS3 owners.

As always chalk it up to a vocal minority, because it's probably a really small number.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

Also, are there still the 50 jumps to find?

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

Yeah, I was just killing hookers to make money for 20 minutes and it was a pain in the ass to have to go to my house to save the game...

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

fletcher21 wrote:Yeah, I was just killing hookers to make money for 20 minutes and it was a pain in the ass to have to go to my house to save the game...
Is it just me, or is fletch the only guy on DSP where we could use this sentence for real life as well and not be surprised?

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

It autosaves after almost every accomplishment if you have autosave on.

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

lol db

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

Danimal wrote:
kicko wrote:anyone else getting freezing? I read this one a 360 site and figured it was just fanboy bickering.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nf/59531;_ylt=A ... oNKcwDW7oF
From what I read most of the problems are with the 60gig PS3, there are 360 freezing but there is no common link in those. Also the article I read said it was affecting a lot more PS3 owners.

As always chalk it up to a vocal minority, because it's probably a really small number.
No 360 problem here (so far).

GTA:SA used to freeze up my PS2 like a b*tch though back in the day.
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

It is absolutely ridiculous that the 360 version is so loud. The PS3 is silent and this 360 is constantly streaming to the hard drive, so it's just accessing the disc at all times basically. It's pretty crazy. That said, I actually like the graphics of the 360 version a bit better.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

dbdynsty25 wrote:It is absolutely ridiculous that the 360 version is so loud. The PS3 is silent and this 360 is constantly streaming to the hard drive, so it's just accessing the disc at all times basically. It's pretty crazy. That said, I actually like the graphics of the 360 version a bit better.
havent heard anything like that...Methinks your 360 is waving good night

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

XXXIV wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:It is absolutely ridiculous that the 360 version is so loud. The PS3 is silent and this 360 is constantly streaming to the hard drive, so it's just accessing the disc at all times basically. It's pretty crazy. That said, I actually like the graphics of the 360 version a bit better.
I am sure what DB is experiencing is legit as the PS3 is SO much quieter than the 360 on all games.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Spooky wrote:
XXXIV wrote:
I am sure what DB is experiencing is legit as the PS3 is SO much quieter than the 360 on all games.
Im not questioning legitamacy just his piece of crap 360 ... :P

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

I feel like I'm gonna be bored FAR before I finish this game... There is just so much monotony... If they could have made the shooting part something like metal gear or splinter cell. I'd be happy as a pig in s***... But the shooting part feels so clumsy and just dumb... I'm beginning to like the driving a bit more, but it's still way too floaty for my taste... I think I might be getting too old to enjoy video games as sad as that is to admit lol

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

XXXIV wrote:
Spooky wrote:
XXXIV wrote: havent heard anything like that...Methinks your 360 is waving good night
Seeing as how I just unwrapped the thing from the brand new wrapper...it ain't the 360. It's just loud compared to the PS3, that's all.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
XXXIV wrote:
Spooky wrote: I am sure what DB is experiencing is legit as the PS3 is SO much quieter than the 360 on all games.
Seeing as how I just unwrapped the thing from the brand new wrapper...it ain't the 360. It's just loud compared to the PS3, that's all.
Maybe...maybe not.

My 2nd one made some noise right out the wrapper.

I have a PS3...and My 3rd 360 doesnt make anymore noise than it.

Wish ya luck...

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

fletcher21 wrote:I feel like I'm gonna be bored FAR before I finish this game... There is just so much monotony... If they could have made the shooting part something like metal gear or splinter cell. I'd be happy as a pig in s***... But the shooting part feels so clumsy and just dumb... I'm beginning to like the driving a bit more, but it's still way too floaty for my taste... I think I might be getting too old to enjoy video games as sad as that is to admit lol
I can kinda understand where you are coming from. I too don't think I'll ever finish this game completely, however I do believe I'll get more than my money's worth. The problem I have is that this game seeps so much playing time. Meaning, I can't just play this game for 30 minute sessions like The Show. And frankly, I don't want to be playing video games for 2 hour sessions like I have the past couple nights. This is one game that I'll keep in my collection for probably forever, however I can't see myself playing it more than a couple times a week. It's a great diversion from the sports games I play regularly, and my few Wii games.

kicko
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by kicko »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
XXXIV wrote:
Spooky wrote: I am sure what DB is experiencing is legit as the PS3 is SO much quieter than the 360 on all games.
Well the PS3 only has one larger size fan and the 360 has 2 smaller one. Just with pc's i notice the more smaller fans you have the more noise you will have. Minus the blu-ray i really like my 360 vs the ps3.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Google Map of Liberty
http://grandtheftauto.ign.com/maps/1/Liberty-City-Map

Fix for Freezing in the works
http://kotaku.com/5007464/rockstar-supp ... or-in-days

Show of hands who thinks GTA 4 needs a replay / save feature like Halo 3?
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

kicko wrote:Well the PS3 only has one larger size fan and the 360 has 2 smaller one. Just with pc's i notice the more smaller fans you have the more noise you will have. Minus the blu-ray i really like my 360 vs the ps3.
It isn't the fan...it's the disc access and the disc spinning that is causing the noise. I hooked up my old 360 and it is the same...it's just a loud machine, especially when you're in an office and not a larger size living room. I actually like the 360 version better for some reason...maybe it's the controller. I don't know...I'm just saying, it's a loud ass machine. I mean, I kinda know what I'm taking about, I've had 4 of them now! :twisted:

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Danimal wrote:Google Map of Liberty
http://grandtheftauto.ign.com/maps/1/Liberty-City-Map

Fix for Freezing in the works
http://kotaku.com/5007464/rockstar-supp ... or-in-days

Show of hands who thinks GTA 4 needs a replay / save feature like Halo 3?

Horshack hand raising in effect: "OOOH! OOOH!"(If you don't know 'Welcome Back Kotter'...then this joke falls flat...)

After some of the crazy stuff I've seen and done online, this feature would be SO much fun...youtube would crash!

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

All Your RPG's Are Belong To Us!

Funniest moment I've had in a while. Last night, while playing Cops N' Crooks, I was the Crooks boss, but spawned next to an RPG. I sat in the middle of the street, but around a corner that was greater than 90 degrees, knowing the cops would have to slow down.

Both carloads came full of cops and didn't know I was crouched down, RPG in hand. Boom. Boom. Raucous laughter from my team and myself. "Well, that's one way to do it. Blow 'em all up" :D

I've had more crack-me-the-hell-up moments in 2 days than I can recall.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

TCrouch wrote:All Your RPG's Are Belong To Us!

Funniest moment I've had in a while. Last night, while playing Cops N' Crooks, I was the Crooks boss, but spawned next to an RPG. I sat in the middle of the street, but around a corner that was greater than 90 degrees, knowing the cops would have to slow down.

Both carloads came full of cops and didn't know I was crouched down, RPG in hand. Boom. Boom. Raucous laughter from my team and myself. "Well, that's one way to do it. Blow 'em all up" :D

I've had more crack-me-the-hell-up moments in 2 days than I can recall.
Yeah, you dived off the back of my motorcycle, and I think my reaction was 'what in the hell?!' I couldn't understand why the boss would do that-we were well on our way to the goal! But then I see the RPG and BOOM! All cops, dead. And it was me who exclaimed, 'well, that's one way to do it'...funny, funny stuff-they never saw it coming...

BTW, I'm playing again tonight if anyone's interested. Mix'll be back, and I can probably get Fshguy in there as well...

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Yeah, it's tough because I had my mic muted...my son was in the room and I had the Turtle Beach headphones on (I have my 360 hooked up to my PC monitor)...the mute switch is like a foot down the cord and tough to reach mid-firefight, and I don't want people listening to Blue's Clues blasting in the background and my son hollering, so I have it muted a lot. Couldn't communicate or explain, sorry :oops:

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

TCrouch wrote:Yeah, it's tough because I had my mic muted...my son was in the room and I had the Turtle Beach headphones on (I have my 360 hooked up to my PC monitor)...the mute switch is like a foot down the cord and tough to reach mid-firefight, and I don't want people listening to Blue's Clues blasting in the background and my son hollering, so I have it muted a lot. Couldn't communicate or explain, sorry :oops:
I've got the Turtle Beach headphones as well-I know what you mean about the switch. No need to communicate...I figured it out soon enough! The big KABOOM explained it well... :lol: