PES 2008

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

PES 2008

Post by tjung0831 »

Anybody pick this up yet? I think i'm going to stop and get it after work if I can find it.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

Any early impressions anywhere on the net?
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

I haven't found any user reviews so far at least for the american release.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Amazingly, I am not planning on getting this game any time soon. Incredible, I know, and I can hardly believe it myself, but I have next to no desire to play v. CPU or even head to head online when I can play five on five online in FIFA.

Sure, if WE/PES had a functional five on five mode online (or heck, even three on three), I would never touch FIFA again, but as it is now, five on five is too much damn fun for me to even think about any other sports game, even my beloved WE. I'm sure I'll get it later on down the line.

Crazy.

Gamecocks625
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Gamecocks625 »

I'm getting the Wii version(which looks like a fresh take on the series), but it won't be out until next week.

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

I might pick this one up on the way home, as I'm a single player junkie, and in this regard, WE has always shined. Booting up a masters league with Tottenham sounds pretty tempting right now. I'm not even sure I can do this with the Wii version?

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Are there frame rate concerns in the 360 version, or is that only the PS3 version?

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

I have it. Played about 4 games. It's seems to play better than the demo. I don't think it plays quite as fast as the demo either.. Just my opinion. I've seen no frame rate issues offline and have not yet played online. I'm not sure how to classify this game. Nothing blew me away about the game, yet nothing disappointed me either. It's odd how things change. In the past I would by Fifa as the novelty footy title on my shelf - this year it's PES.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Is the Wii version out as well?

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

the Wii version hits next week. I've got pre-ordered and paid for. I'm really looking forward to that as it's going to be a very different way to play a soccer game... Totally unique!
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Zeppo wrote:Amazingly, I am not planning on getting this game any time soon. Incredible, I know, and I can hardly believe it myself, but I have next to no desire to play v. CPU or even head to head online when I can play five on five online in FIFA.

Sure, if WE/PES had a functional five on five mode online (or heck, even three on three), I would never touch FIFA again, but as it is now, five on five is too much damn fun for me to even think about any other sports game, even my beloved WE. I'm sure I'll get it later on down the line.

Crazy.
This is one of the seven signs...

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

The delay in this being released in America is disgraceful. I'm waiting for the PC release of PES 2009 this October to get back into the series properly.

I did actually play a couple of games of WE:PES 2007 on the PS2 last night for a video I'm making.

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

Feanor wrote:The delay in this being released in America is disgraceful. I'm waiting for the PC release of PES 2009 this October to get back into the series properly.

I did actually play a couple of games of WE:PES 2007 on the PS2 last night for a video I'm making.
Well it's been this way since WE7, so it's more disgraceful that people aren't expectant of it.
[url=http://sensiblecoasters.wordpress.com/][b]Sensible Coasters - A critique of sports games, reviews, gaming sites and news. Questionably Proofread![/b][/url]

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

sportdan30 wrote:Are there frame rate concerns in the 360 version, or is that only the PS3 version?
To be frank, I haven't noticed any frame issues except on certain cut scenes on the PS3 after the patch. My game is downloaded to the HD if it makes any difference. Graphically is not as good as FIFA and the online aspect of the game does have some lag issues.The gameplay is a bit quicker than other versions, other than that the game just grows on the you the more often you play.

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

I will rent the 360 version to give it a spin but that's about it - like 10spro I have the PS3 version and haven't played it in more than a month. FIFA 08 and the most recent (PS2) J-League game are more enjoyable.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

I bought the PSP (I've always been a sucker for WE on a handheld, wanted some updated rosters, and it was $20 net to "upgrade" from last year) and X360 (I guess I'm a sucker in general) versions. The PSP version looks a little better than last year and the gameplay seems a bit better, but boy did they mail it in otherwise. Only one stadium and no commentary. Pitiful.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Leebo33 wrote: Only one stadium and no commentary. Pitiful.
Yeah, I have been playing it on the PSP as well and you would think that after the third installment of the series, you would get some kind of commentary other than when you score. :?

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

Man, maybe it's because I had really low expectations and thought the demo was WAY too fast, but I really like the 360 version so far. At the very least it's a ton better than last year's disappointment. The game is a bit fast but not bad and only slowdown is on cut scenes.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

I will pick it up as soon as I get the chance. I just like the series too much. 5on5 FIFA is all well and good, but one feature does not make a game. The AI and physics and PES are still clearly superior, and I'm looking forward to some master league team-building.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Picked it up on the PS3...we'll see how that goes. I always liked the Dual Shock button layout better for the series, so that was basically the deciding factor in which version I got. For some reason, the PC version just doesn't do it for me. Hopefully it's just because I am not a huge fan of sports games on the PC. We'll see tonight I suppose.

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

Picked up the PS3 version today...After a couple of games I'm pleasantly surprised as well. Definitely not as fast as the 360 demo was. Seems like the CPU AI is top notch.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I've been playing the PC version using the Logitech RumblePad 2. Nice graphics on the PC and there's new mods just released for it. Can't be beat.

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

What's the master league structure like? Is there any change to it?
[url=http://sensiblecoasters.wordpress.com/][b]Sensible Coasters - A critique of sports games, reviews, gaming sites and news. Questionably Proofread![/b][/url]

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

JRod wrote:
Feanor wrote:The delay in this being released in America is disgraceful. I'm waiting for the PC release of PES 2009 this October to get back into the series properly.

Well it's been this way since WE7, so it's more disgraceful that people aren't expectant of it.
Your comment is ridiculous.

Of course I was expecting it, and the game was actually delayed an extra month this year. Just because it's not a surprise, doesn't mean it isn't a disgrace. Especially when Konami make little to no improvements in the four and half months they wait to release the game in America.

There's no excuse for the way Konami give American gamers the shaft. European gamers complain when a game like Final Fantasy 12 takes five extra months to get released over there, but at least in that case there's a million words of dialogue to be translated.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

I picked up the 360 version and have played several games and I'm very happy with the purchase. I will admit i'm one of the biggest FIFA whores on this board and while FIFA 08 was a nice game, the player control that I get with PES 2008 is more what i'm looking for. I didn't play last years version for the 360 so it's been a couple of years for me since playing the series so it feels fresh to me again, albeit sort of the same but thats good. The gameplay is very good and there are no framerate problems during actual gameplay. The framerate does chug a little bit on cutscenes and replays so it's no big deal. It's pretty much the same game as it's always been but the control with the ball is what I like the best about this game so I don't feel bad about trading FIFA 08 in towards the purchase. For once i'm going with gameplay over graphics and i'm happy about it.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM