OT: Logitech Harmony and Logitech support

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Nozzleman_216
Starting 5
Starting 5

OT: Logitech Harmony and Logitech support

Post by Nozzleman_216 »

I just thought I would share my Harmony remote story with everyone as I am one that believes a company that stands behind their product is one that deserves my business.

I bought Harmony 360 remote shortly after the 360 launched. I had never had a Harmony remote much less a universal remote. Loved it and I really didn't see a need for the more expensive models (still don't other than they are very cool looking LOL) Anyhow, I started having a problem with it. It has a motion sensor that kicks the glow on after a period of inactivity. This function quit working and really didn't bother me but then the glow would never shut off, so every time I used it I had to push the glow button. This was unacceptable but I dealt with it as it was out of warranty. Then I started eating batteries as the kids and wife would not shut the glow off. So I finally RMA'd it and got a brand new replacement for $40 bucks. It came to me via DHL in ONE DAY!!! I was impressed. Everything is great!

So today I come home from work and the LCD screen is not working and I instantly call them as it has been less than a week since I got the replacement. After a few techs and some holding I was sent to the warranty dept with an incident/reference number. I was told that my remote is now inactive, a brand new one is on its way and I dispose of the remote I have however I like LOL.

Now tell me thats not some impressive service from what I think is a great company. No RMA, not much hassle at all, and a few days wait to get another one. Now if it happens again I may be pressed to get a different remote or something but they did reassure me that the 360 Harmony they have little trouble with. So who knows lol. I just thought I would share my story as it shows companies still care about the consumer.
XBL: Nozzleman 216
PSN: Nozzleman_216

countzero2k5
Mario Mendoza

Post by countzero2k5 »

I have the same remote and I had to call their support line to get it configured initially because the software didn't support the way my TV changes inputs.

I called and told them the problem I was having and they asked me how I changed the inputs with the regular remote and they logged into my account and updated the programming right then. All I had to do from there is to plug the remote in and refresh the programming. Worked like a charm!

No problems at all since then. My dog did chew my remote a bit but that didn't even break it. Just consmetic damage. Very happy with the remote. I would recommend one to anyone looking for a true universal remote.

NOTE: Since the initial setup I have added a stand-alone DVD player and had to refresh the programming to support it. The new client that sets up the remote now fully supports my TV and how it changes inputs. Nice!

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

I have a Harmony 550 (i think that's it, the mostly basic one for $100) and I had the same problem with the motion sensor not working anymore, and the light staying on....

It's a known problem with the Harmony's.

They sent me a new one in a few days, and I think I had to send the old one back, can't remember.

But, it was nice to deal with a company that is so willing to take care of your problem, and not one that denies it until they hope you go away!
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!