OT: Lost is back!

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

OT: Lost is back!

Post by RobVarak »

Haven't seen new episodes yet, but they are re-running an "enhanced" version of the finale tonight. Anyway, let me save 65% of the poplation the trouble and summarize the new episodes that start next week:

That episode sucked. Why wasn't there more (insert character) and why was there so much (insert different character)? I don't even think the writers know how this is supposed to end. They just keep raising more questions without giving us any answers! I don't even know why I watch any more, this show jumped the shark (after season one) (after season 2)(during season 3). :)
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Yeah! Long live the "smoke monster"... lol

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Well they say the writers have gotten together and definitively set-out the story arc and how the show will finish. So maybe, just maybe, some of those concerns will be lessened this year.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

2 hour premier Thursday night!
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

So is tonight a new episode or last years finale?
-Matt

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

matthewk wrote:So is tonight a new episode or last years finale?
New 2 hour episode. Last night (Wed.) was the rebroadcasted finale.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

I caught bits of the rebroadcast last night, which my DVR was recording.

I'd forgotten most of that stuff.

Really a long time since that finale was originally broadcast.

I would assume they will summarize what happened last year, so I don't have to rewatch.

What did they say, one more year after 16 consecutive eps. this year?

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

I watched about 10 mins of the pop-up video version. WTF? It seemed like a 10 year old was writing the "pop-ups".

Airdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Airdog »

greggsand wrote:I watched about 10 mins of the pop-up video version. WTF? It seemed like a 10 year old was writing the "pop-ups".
I felt the same way.

Tonight I'm not going to be able to watch the premiere, because I made a pact with my gf (she's out of town for medical tests). That's going to be kind of hellish, especially when there's two full hours to "accidentally" watch bits and pieces.
- Rob
PSN: smearobe

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Tonights first hour is supposed to be a recap of the first three seasons followed by the new episode. Those popups from last nights episodes were annoying as there wasn't any new information in any of it.

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

What does it say about a show when it needs pop-ups to tell everyone what the hell the story is about? 8O
[url=http://sensiblecoasters.wordpress.com/][b]Sensible Coasters - A critique of sports games, reviews, gaming sites and news. Questionably Proofread![/b][/url]

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Did the popups identify which scenes were stories and which scenes were flashbacks? :)

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Well at least there were no flashbacks ...

In the second hour at least.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

A ghostbuster, an Indiana Jones-chick, "cheech" flying a helicopter?? Worst episode ever... oy.

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

I thought it was awesome... we're a long way from Jack's tattoo ep.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Slumberland wrote:I thought it was awesome... we're a long way from Jack's tattoo ep.
Don't recall that one, but we were laughing out loud at how b-movie this eps was... Best part was locke yelling WHAT's THE SMOKE MONSTER!!!!

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

What was so funny about that? Ben promised secrets, and Locke challenged him by asking for the most obvious. Someone probably should have asked Ben that question 30 episodes ago, but they probably would have gotten the same answer. And who's "Cheech"? You mean Jeff Fahey?

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Can't these fools get to some kind of answer. I am tired of being dicked around by this show. I still watch it, but it's no different than the other seasons.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Inuyasha wrote:Can't these fools get to some kind of answer. I am tired of being dicked around by this show. I still watch it, but it's no different than the other seasons.
I completely disagree. I was one of the the ones complaining about the slow pace of the show, and now this season the first two episodes moved so fast it's almost hard to keep up. Yeah, there's no definitive answers to the mysteries of the island, but things are happening fast. I'm not sure what else people expect.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Naples39 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:Can't these fools get to some kind of answer. I am tired of being dicked around by this show. I still watch it, but it's no different than the other seasons.
I completely disagree. I was one of the the ones complaining about the slow pace of the show, and now this season the first two episodes moved so fast it's almost hard to keep up. Yeah, there's no definitive answers to the mysteries of the island, but things are happening fast. I'm not sure what else people expect.
I'm enjoying it so far this season, but right now they seem to have fallen back to the pattern of the original season; namely, instead of pushing the plot forward they busy themselves with introducing new characters complete with back stories (or forward stories this time, maybe?).

I get the sense of them dropping crumbs toward the internet crowd, such as with the 'what's the black smoke monster' question. That came off as pretty silly, I thought, and just served to point out how silly it can be to try to break down and explain every little thing this mess has thrown out there over the years. It's like if you try to explain the show to someone who's never seen it. It doesn't really sound as cool as it seems to be when you are taking the actual ride. Plus, that question had the real feeling of being decided by an internet contest: 'if you could hold a gun to Ben's head, and ask him one question about the island, what would you ask? Vote now and win a free trip to Hawaii to appear as a luggage-wielding extra on the beach in a future episode!'

Now, if he had asked 'what's with the big four-toed foot?' I would have been much happier! :D

But yeah, I have enjoyed the last two episodes. And me too: who is 'Cheech?'

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

They got 48 eps over 3 years so they're going to go back to the usual pace.

Side stories and arcs. Characters like Anna Lucia and Boone introduced and killed off.

Because if the original questions are answered, people won't stick around to follow these sidetracks.

But they may alienate some long time viewers or just tantalize them enough with crumbs.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Slumberland wrote:What was so funny about that? Ben promised secrets, and Locke challenged him by asking for the most obvious. Someone probably should have asked Ben that question 30 episodes ago, but they probably would have gotten the same answer. And who's "Cheech"? You mean Jeff Fahey?
Yeah, Cheech is the helicopter pilot. They send in a surfer dude in dockers & a Hawaiian shirt?

The shows seems like it's repeating itself. 2 camps (2 stories to slow everything down), "flash forwards" (instead of flash backs, so I guess that's different), more 'strangers' dropping in & not talking. It may seem like something is happening, but in-fact nothing really is (meaningful anyway)...

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

greggsand wrote:
Yeah, Cheech is the helicopter pilot. They send in a surfer dude in dockers & a Hawaiian shirt?

The shows seems like it's repeating itself. 2 camps (2 stories to slow everything down), "flash forwards" (instead of flash backs, so I guess that's different), more 'strangers' dropping in & not talking. It may seem like something is happening, but in-fact nothing really is (meaningful anyway)...
How long have you been following this show? :wink:
It may seem like something is happening, but in-fact nothing really is (meaningful anyway)...
Pretty much sums it up from the get-go, for me.

And one more thing: i like how they prepared us for seeing Walt again soon. The real kid's probably had a huge growth spurt and is now 6'5" with stubble :D , so they have to explain it away with Locke talking about how he's all tall and such. They've still only been missing a handful of months in the time frame of the show.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Zeppo wrote:
greggsand wrote:

How long have you been following this show? :wink:
It may seem like something is happening, but in-fact nothing really is (meaningful anyway)...
Pretty much sums it up from the get-go, for me.

And one more thing: i like how they prepared us for seeing Walt again soon. The real kid's probably had a huge growth spurt and is now 6'5" with stubble :D , so they have to explain it away with Locke talking about how he's all tall and such. They've still only been missing a handful of months in the time frame of the show.

ya good points. It's like they went back to the same lethargic pace. Really, I don't give a s*** now who's on the island and who's coming to rescue who. The perfect ending would be to nuke the whole f***in island into oblivion so we don't have to waste our time with this show.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Now the "rescuers" need "rescuing". That'll take care of this season...