2007-2008 NFL Playoffs

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

XXXIV wrote:One more reason to root for the Packers...Joe Buck the king of the baseball steroid race is rooting Giants....

Edit; Is Buck this scummy in real life or does he save it for telecasts?
Huh?

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

greggsand wrote:
XXXIV wrote:One more reason to root for the Packers...Joe Buck the king of the baseball steroid race is rooting Giants....

Huh?
I take it you didnt follow his ass worship of Macs steroid parade?...or his disgusting over reaction to Moss in that playoff game a few years bac?....The list goes on...

I cant stand self important full of s*** assholes and this jagoff is big up on the list...

black_dynamite
Mario Mendoza

Post by black_dynamite »

XXXIV wrote:
greggsand wrote:

Huh?
I take it you didnt follow his ass worship of Macs steroid parade?...or his disgusting over reaction to Moss in that playoff game a few years bac?....The list goes on...

I cant stand self important full of s*** assholes and this jagoff is big up on the list...
Well at least there is somebody here that shares the same disdain for Joe Buck that I do. I just can't stand the guy. I don't know if it was because of his anointment of Mark McGwire or the fact that he overreacts to alot of things (i.e. the Randy Moss TD celebration) he just gets on my nerves. But somehow he still has a job.

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

It's nice to know I'm not alone in my dislike of Joe Buck!

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

He is much better from a baseball standpoint.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Gotta love a ref who waits to see if its a first down before he throws a flag...

Interesting to hear its that part of what they teach.
Last edited by XXXIV on Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

XXXIV wrote:Gotta love a ref who wates to see if its a first down before he throws a flag...
Naw...that guy was fumbling around with it, trying to throw it by the bean bag rather than the flag itself. I thought the same thing prior to seeing the closeup from behind.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
XXXIV wrote:Gotta love a ref who wates to see if its a first down before he throws a flag...
Naw...that guy was fumbling around with it, trying to throw it by the bean bag rather than the flag itself. I thought the same thing prior to seeing the closeup from behind.
You Patriot fan u :P

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Couldn't be further from the truth. I actually hate both the Giants and the Pats...so I suppose I'm a Packer fan for now.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

wow kgb was so offside!

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I take it Bush from the Packers never did fumble drills in Pop Warner or high school.

How many damn times do you see some glory-seeking dick try to pick up a fumble instead of just falling on it?

We'll see if it costs the Pack ...

This game has morphed from a pretty dull affair into a thrilling game. Can't say the same for the AFC Championship game. Ugh, thank God for the ability to watch a game in 40 minutes on the DVR.

Brady is picked three times, and all the Bolts can manage is four field goals. San Diego didn't deserve to win with that atrocious red-zone offense. If Brady plays even a regular Tom Brady game, SD loses by 17 or more.

Lots of sack shown by Rivers, though. The guy clearly was hobbling the whole game. He's a tough cat.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Does anyone have Scott Norwood's number for Lawrence Tynes?

Damn, what a game. More than compensating for the AFC snoozefest.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

pk500 wrote:Does anyone have Scott Norwood's number for Lawrence Tynes?
Wasn't in the Super Bowl and the 2nd miss was his snapper's fault. So no...he isn't even in the same stratosphere.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
pk500 wrote:Does anyone have Scott Norwood's number for Lawrence Tynes?
Wasn't in the Super Bowl and the 2nd miss was his snapper's fault. So no...he isn't even in the same stratosphere.
Sorry, Mr. Factual. It was meant as a joke. I'll ease off on the Valium so we can keep each other company. :)

Nice redemption kick for Tynes. Where was the Pack's running game in this game? They asked Favre to do too much, and the result showed with that INT. Burress was a beast, too. But man, that Packers' offensive lineman who fell on the fumble in the fourth quarter sure did a hell of a job on Strahan today.

I hate the Jints. I hate the Pats. Looks like my beer intake at my brother's annual Super Bowl party just climbed exponentially. :)

I'm already preparing this line for the evening of Feb. 3: "Honey, here's the keys." :)

Take care,
PK
Last edited by pk500 on Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

The Bills blaming Norwood for missing a 48 yder is one of the dumbest things in NFL history....

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Giants were the deserving team. Eli outplayed Favre, put the ball on the money several times, including that drop on third down before the winning FG.

Well, Packers are a better matchup on paper, with the Giants' beat-up secondary (which has been suspect even when healthy). Favre is used to the spread offense so Packers seem more likely to score with NE.

GB also has good front 7 too.

But all that didn't matter, NY kept defying the odds.

Hope Justin Tuck is okay and Plexico's ankle heals up more.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

My prediction for the SB...

Patriots 700,000 Giants 0

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

XXXIV wrote:The Bills blaming Norwood for missing a 48 yder is one of the dumbest things in NFL history....
Again, my line was a joke. I'll put 14 smiley faces afterward next time for context. :)

As a Bills' fan, that game still hurts. But the Giants did a great job of ball control to keep the Bills' potent offense off the field. But Norwood did miss the damn kick! :)

Take care,
PK

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

As a lifetime Charger & Packer fan, today sucked the big one. Patriots vs. Giants? Hope the commercials are interesting this year....

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

pk500 wrote:
XXXIV wrote:The Bills blaming Norwood for missing a 48 yder is one of the dumbest things in NFL history....
Again, my line was a joke. I'll put 14 smiley faces afterward next time for context. :)

As a Bills' fan, that game still hurts. But the Giants did a great job of ball control to keep the Bills' potent offense off the field. But Norwood did miss the damn kick! :)

Take care,
PK
I didnt read it in context :wink: ...I know how you feel ...Im still pissed that Viniaterri made his 48yder...

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

XXXIV wrote:
pk500 wrote:

Take care,
PK
I didnt read it in context :wink: ...I know how you feel ...Im still pissed that Viniaterri made his 48yder...
Well, let's both just get sh*tfaced Feb. 3 to drown away past kick heartbreaks! :)

Take care,
PK

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Man, the NFL sure has the Midas touch, doesn't it?

Super Bowl matchup: 18-0, going for perfection with pretty boy poster boy at QB vs. largest media market in the world with little brother of last year's Super Bowl MVP at QB. Oh, and the two teams played one of the best games of the NFL regular season just a few weeks ago.

Record ratings Feb. 3?

Take care,
PK

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

I would have never have thought of rooting for the Patriots in a post season game ever...

Ty Brett Favre for that stupid pass...

Im actually goint to root for 19-0

Feels dirty

Hockey does look great in HD

jLp vAkEr0
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jLp vAkEr0 »

SB Bound!!

I'm expecting the same result as the B vs th Ravens but nobody gave the Gmen a chance to even get to th big game. Who knows?

Giants baby!!

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

It'd be great to see the Giants win and then after the game, Eli yells, "f*** Tiki!" :lol: