OT: Uncharted (PS3)

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Leebo,

Let me know when you're done with the game and how much you're looking to sell it. I believe I'm on Chapter 4, but most recently returned my rental copy. I very much want to finish this game, moreso than any game I've played in a long long time.

Thanks.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Got this one for Christmas and my god is it gorgeous. It's so well produced that it really feels like you're controlling a big-budget Hollywood movie. Can't wait to get more into it.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

First Impression

WOW THAT SURE IS PRETTY

Seriously I don't think I have seen a better looking game . I though Rachet and Clank looked good but wow 8O
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

IMO it's GoY for the PS3. Close runner up MLB.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

10spro wrote:IMO it's GoY for the PS3. Close runner up MLB.
Yeah, I actually listed it just below COD:4 in the non-sports titles, but after a couple more hours with the game, I think it's just as good or better. With COD:4, I'm pretty spent after an hour because of how chaotic the fighting is. With Unchartered, I can't wait to see what happens next in the story. I will say that I haven't played a game similar like Unchartered since perhaps Prince of Persia. But, that's been a while.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

ScoopBrady wrote:Got this one for Christmas and my god is it gorgeous. It's so well produced that it really feels like you're controlling a big-budget Hollywood movie. Can't wait to get more into it.
I completely agree! Beautiful and fun game! I NEVER care about game stories or sit through cut scenes but I do with this game and really enjoy it.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

Sully
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sully »

Picked this up on Thursday afternoon, and blew through it, finishing it this morning. Great experience, never a dull moment. Easily the best game I've played on the PS3, and possibly even the Xbox 360.

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

Got it Christmas Day, and finished it on the 26th. (On normal anyway) Great game, and it was only added to my wish list at the last minute due to the feedback here. Thanks guys!

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

So its realy short or you guys are animals which is it ?

Sully
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sully »

Jimmydeicide wrote:So its realy short or you guys are animals which is it ?
It's fairly short. I finished it in about 8 hours, but the story is so engrossing that the time just flies by.

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

Jimmydeicide wrote:So its realy short or you guys are animals which is it ?
It's a good length as far as I'm concerned. Good story, good pacing, and fun action. It never feels repetitive. I'm not one of the people that thinks a game needs to be 20+ hours to be worth the money. I love being able to finish a game, as it doesn't happen very often for me. I've been maximizing my gaming time at night now that I am on vacation, so I finished both Uncharted (about 9 hours for me) and Portal (about 6 hours), and loved every minute of each. When I go back to work later this week, I'll be back to my normal schedule of only getting in a few hours of gaming every week vs. every night.

My son and I went to see "I Am Legend" and I dropped $21 just for the tickets. So while I enjoy the video games that last months and months (primarily MP Shooters and Sports games), I don't have a problem finishing a $60 game in 9 hours as the cost/value ratio is similar to that of a night out at the movies. At least, that's how I rationalize it with the wife. :wink:

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I've gotta get this game. Been reading great reviews on it for a while now and I really liked the demo. I'm with lead...I don't need a game to be 20+ hours to get my money's worth. COD4 is the GOY in my opinion and it was not a long SP game...a great one though.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

jLp vAkEr0
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jLp vAkEr0 »

Just finished this gem of a game. I don't remember EVER having so much fun with a game.

If someone is interested in it I will consider a trade. PM me.

JohnnytheSkin
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by JohnnytheSkin »

I just completed the game in exactly 10:30, with 48 treasures found. Would have been shorter but I jumped off of one too many cliffs and didn't use cover effectively.

Simply put though, this game is great. Easily one of the most beautiful games visually, the soundtrack and ambient noise is amazing, the characters feel "real" with their reactions and dialogue, and the story is also very entertaining...though it's a bit too Indiana Jones-ish at the end (extremely MINOR complaint).

Anyone hedging should pick it up. While it's "short", it's definately one I'll play again and the experience isn't one to miss. Plus, the Blu-ray storage allows for some nifty extras on the disc that are pretty cool...in particular the "Making of a Cutscene" segments.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Good news. It appears that an Unchartered 2 is in the works....

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/01/03/dev ... /#comments

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Damn...I'm a little late to the party seeing as how Gamefly was a little slow in getting this one out to me, but damn it was worth the wait. Easily the best looking Next Gen game...and it plays awesome. It's a toss up so far between this and COD4 as my game of 2007. Both are ridiculously good.

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

Had a chance to play through the first 20% just now. All I can say is.......well....nothing...SPEECHLESS! Actually, I can say that it's the most fun I've ever had with a game. If you had asked me what my ideal game would look like, Unchartered would be it....

- Takes place in a beautifully rendered natural environment.
- Involves a lot of exploring and adventure aspects.
- The story moves along at a crisp pace.
- Cut scenes don't bore you but actually help to develop character.

I am now currently in love with my PS3. Since buying on Friday, Blu Ray has take huge leaps in the format war, Unchartered has become one of my all-time favorites, MLB The Show is just a couple months away and Gran Turismo is shaping up to be a great next-gen driving simulator (don't worry, I didn't say "racing simulator").

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

I agree Fanatic. Unchartered is extremely deserving of its praise. Naughty Dog did an unbelivable job with this game.

While there are some spectacular games on the 360 (Mass Effect, Bioshock, etc), this is the kind of game I wish we'd see more of. Obviously, there isn't as much interest in the third person exploration and adventure games as there is in first person shooters. Of course, if we were saturated with these kind of games I'm describing, interest over time would wane.

black_dynamite
Mario Mendoza

Post by black_dynamite »

I just beat Uncharted yesterday and definitely share the same sentiments as most of you who beat the game. This is definitely the best PS3 game out right now and I am really looking forward to what they do for the sequel to this game.

The graphics of the game are mind-boggling, the enemy AI is awesome, the voice acting is superb, the cover system in the game is awesome this entire game just reeks of "awesome" (if that even makes sense to anyone). The industry needs more games like these and although first person shooters are big here I think that there are just too many of them out there. This game is just a masterpiece and it needs to be in possession of anyone that owns a PS3.

jLp vAkEr0
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jLp vAkEr0 »

Yeah, even though I'm offering this game in the For Sale thread, I went ahead and started it again, this time in level HARD.

I'm finding some treasures I left undiscovered the 1st time around and of course it gets more challenging, and getting chance to admire how GOOD this game looks.

People that visit my home and see this game are floored. I may keep it just for that. :lol:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I agree this is one of the most enjoyable games I have played in years. It's a good time to be a gamer I have at least 2 AAA titles on each system, PC included.

While the 2 games are not even remotely similar I highly recommend everyone take a look at Folklore. No one I talk to has even heard of this game and I am really digging it on the PS3.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Danimal wrote:I agree this is one of the most enjoyable games I have played in years. It's a good time to be a gamer I have at least 2 AAA titles on each system, PC included.

While the 2 games are not even remotely similar I highly recommend everyone take a look at Folklore. No one I talk to has even heard of this game and I am really digging it on the PS3.
Thinking of checking our Folklore once I complete Unchartered and R&C.

FYI, two new add-on quests for Folklore are due to arrive soon to the PSN.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Folklore is on my Gamefly queue. I played the demo and thought it was pretty good. Definitely unique.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

This is the one game that I have for the PS3 and I'm loving it. I'm about 3 hours into it and am really into the story.

Right now I'm taking my time, looking for treasures and doing what little exploring it allows you to do. I think the little medals and bonuses add to the game and like somebody said above, I don't need a 20 hour game to feel I've gotten value from it.

Give me a quality gaming experience and I'm fine with that. This game delivers.. so far anyway.
Last edited by Wilk5280 on Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

My PS3 will be here tomorrow, along with Uncharted from Gamefly. I'm looking forward to it.