Ghost of Tshushima

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Ghost of Tshushima

Post by sportdan30 »

Ho hum. Playstation has another exclusive hit on their hands. Unfortunately, I sold my PS4 a couple weeks ago to put towards one of the next gen consoles.

I'll have to settle on playing it on the PS5. Anyone picking it up on Friday?

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Ghost of Tshushima

Post by TCrouch »

For sure. Been excited for this one for a while. May not play it until Friday night, but I will probably cave and try it out on Thursday when it unlocks.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

How is a game a hit when it is not even out yet? :D
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

The reviews are. Pretty unanimous praise.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

TCrouch wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:31 pm
The reviews I’ve read were pretty positive. Most say they used a “safe” formula with a super combat engine. Nothing groundbreaking buT a solid game.
Ghost of Tsushima has a distinctive aesthetic, after all, but it’s only skin-deep. The core game underneath that alluring exterior is a pastiche of open-world game design standards from five years ago; it lacks a real personality of its own. Ghost of Tsushima offers a lovely world to explore, and there’s value in that, but it should have been so much more than a checklist of activities to accomplish.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

TCrouch wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:31 pm
84 metacritic when I looked the day this was posted from 100 review sites.

Don't mind me I haven't played a game in a month, I think I finally hit that old man age where I'd rather be doing something else, hope it is a phase. Looking for a game to pull me back in.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

On my 'maybe' list but I'll probably wait for a deal.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I got this while it was on sale. I thought Nioh looked great but this game looks even better and the cinematics are off the charts. Game play reminds me of Nioh and Nioh 2.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Great game. Good mechanics.

I'm about 80% done with the story so far.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

This game is up there with one of my top games of 2020. Love the mix of stealth, combat, and exploration. I've had my share of frustrations with some enemies, but the game allows some trial and error. Perhaps it can get a little repetitive, but that's pretty true with any open world game. I'm enjoying the story quite a bit.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Intrigued by this game. From what I understand from actual gamers this is the true game of the year.

There may be some others I find interesting but this is the only game other than Bloodborne, I would have considered getting a Playstation for.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

XXXIV wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:51 pm
Intrigued by this game. From what I understand from actual gamers this is the true game of the year.

There may be some others I find interesting but this is the only game other than Bloodborne, I would have considered getting a Playstation for.
I don't know if it's game of the year for me because I still hold Bloodbourne as epic but GoT is really good.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Rodster wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:23 pm
XXXIV wrote:

I don't know if it's game of the year for me because I still hold Bloodbourne as epic but GoT is really good.
Am I missing something. What does Bloodborne have to do with 2020's game of the year?

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

XXXIV wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:06 am
Rodster wrote:
XXXIV wrote:

Am I missing something. What does Bloodborne have to do with 2020's game of the year?
Because you mentioned Bloodbourne, dumbass. Bloodbourne won all kinds of awards and to this day it’s probably the best game on the Playstation. Bloodbourne had it all, graphics, difficulty, bosses, combat, story and lore. If anything GoT gives me that Nioh 2 vibe, having played both. In a weak year of games, then it's possible GoT could be GOTY.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Rodster wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:45 am
XXXIV wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:06 am
Rodster wrote:

Because you mentioned Bloodbourne, dumbass. Bloodbourne won all kinds of awards and to this day it’s probably the best game on the Playstation. Bloodbourne had it all, graphics, difficulty, bosses, combat, story and lore. If anything GoT gives me that Nioh 2 vibe, having played both. In a weak year of games, then it's possible GoT could be GOTY.
I understood that but if you read your sentence as in READ it, it reads as though GoT is not game of the year because Bloodborne is better.

Also you keep spelling Bloodborne incorrectly repeatedly as in every time you wrote it.

So on both counts and in the immortal words of Captain James T Kirk..

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

GoT is a solid game but to me it's basically a rip of Nioh and Nioh 2 which is why playing GoT makes me think i'm playing Nioh. That's why I wouldn't put GoT as a GOTY candidate but it is an enjoyable game.

The bottom line for me is I wouldn't buy a Playstation for GoT but I would do that easily for Bloodbourne

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Just completed the game. Great story, combat is a hell of a lot of better than any Assasssin's Creed game I've played. Just a beautiful game all around.

Last of Us 2 is still my game of the year, but this tied for second with the new Spider-Man.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

I finished the main storyline and cleared all the camps/areas. I have a bunch of ? left to do. Worth it?

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Sudz wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:37 am
I finished the main storyline and cleared all the camps/areas. I have a bunch of ? left to do. Worth it?
Good question. I think my completion percentage is only 34 percent. And I finished the story as well. I’ll play it from time to time because I enjoy the combat and stealth.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

One of my favorite games in the last few years just got an expansion and some PS5 upgrades.... :D Such a great game.

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/07/01 ... august-20/

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

D/L'd it onto my PS5 and my save from my PS4 didn't transfer. Not really that annoyed as the game is amazing and I'm excited to roll through it again.

The Director's cut is confusing. Do I need to buy that full version to get the expansion and updated frame rate, etc?

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

This is how I understand it. It'll cost $30 to for the frame rate and haptic improvements, including the DLC for the new island.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Sudz wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:38 am
D/L'd it onto my PS5 and my save from my PS4 didn't transfer. Not really that annoyed as the game is amazing and I'm excited to roll through it again.

The Director's cut is confusing. Do I need to buy that full version to get the expansion and updated frame rate, etc?
Was your save uploaded to the cloud?
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Diablo25 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:30 pm
Sudz wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:38 am

Was your save uploaded to the cloud?
ah crap. probably not.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

This game definitely intrigues me. I will probably end up getting it by the end of the year. I just have too many other SP games to finish right now…and I am notorious for not finishing games :D
PSN Name - EPDiablo25