Madden 22

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Madden 22

Post by Sudz »

I think the EA 10 hour trial starts today. I'm interested in opinions, etc.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Madden 22

Post by MizzouRah »

Downloading now but leaving for vacation so I won't really get to play until Sunday evening but I'm also off Mon and Tues.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

something is wrong with posting I typed out a large impressions post and I get an internal server error but I can post small messages
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I played 3 play now games on All Pro and didn't switch a thing. Also I choose image quality setting over performance. Keep in mind the majority of these games were play now and using current exhibitions so there were a lot of non starters. I don't see any difference in graphics from last year at all. If you're expecting to be blown away like MS Flight Sim then forget it.

3 Full games I didn't see a single penalty, not one.
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

QB's throw lots of inaccurate passes which is good at least the ones I played. Most of those came with pressure or being on the move etc. You will still see some head scratching throws though, Chase Keenum was running backwards at an angle and threw a 40 yard bomb. However I liked how throws were not all dimes. For me Offense was a lot harder, just everything about it.

There are a lot of drops, if there was any traffic of contested catches the ball was hitting the ground 80% of the time.
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Overall 99% of the animations looked good and accurate. I'm not sure how I feel about momentum at this point, too early to say.

Players definitely feel different based on their skills. Trevor Lawerence was far more accurate then Justin Fields. Etienne was very hard to bring down just spinning off of hits and elusive. It was easy to feel the differences and use players strengths.
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

For sure something is up, I had to split my message into 3 messages to post without an internal server error
Follow Me on:

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

One game on AM defaults, much more cohesive game experience. I'm on image quality mode too and it's very smooth.

Need more games of course, I handled the Lions with the Bills easily but that's expected with that matchup. ;) I am impressed at how good the game plays on default AM settings with penalties all 99 except for roughing the QB which stays at default, on 99 I had 4 RTP penalties in the first 5 minutes.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

How the f*** do I get into the trial? I have the pre-order downloaded and I have EA Play but can't figure out where to get into the 10-hours trial? Anybody?

I think I figured it out.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

How because I must be an idiot
GT = Wilk5280

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I went into the Xbox App on my phone, searched for it and downloaded it. Then went to start it from the dashboard and it said go to the store to tell me which version you want to play. From there I selected the Trial and then it worked.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I played enough to know that the 10 hours trial will be enough to satisfy my curiosity with this years’ version of Madden.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Wilk5280 wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:14 pm
How because I must be an idiot
I went into the EAPlay section of my games and app and found it listed under the Trials. Then went back to my downloaded copy and it started up into the trial. Real goofy.

DB's method should be good too
Last edited by Sudz on Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Double Post

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

10spro wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:21 pm
I played enough to know that the 10 hours trial will be enough to satisfy my curiosity with this years’ version of Madden.
Yes.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Played a few games in franchise, more depth was added to it finally and the game does play a really more authentic game of football. I imagine if you don't like Madden or Football this won't do anything for you. It's kind of how I feel with The Show, minor improvements but I don't care enough about baseball anymore to be bothered anymore.
Follow Me on:

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Played a couple of games of Madden last night ...game plays very well. Just feels way more responsive than the last few versions.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I love it... but I'm still playing M21 so definitely a purchase for me.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

For those with EA Play Pro on the PC the full game is available to download. It doesn't have all the stuff from Next Gen so I am downloading to compare it.
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Game play wise the PC version feels exactly like last years engine which I'm sure is exactly what Last Gen console versions feel like. Even though the Franchise updates made it, the difference in game play is so stark I will be deleting it off my hard drive. The next gen version plays completly different and it is noticeable in 30 seconds of playing the old version. If you're trial version is not on an X/S or PS 5 then I wouldn't waste a second of your time.
Follow Me on:

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Weird, I thought the PC version felt completely different than 21. I had spent the past 2 or 3 weeks playing a buddy every night in Madden 21.

We played like 4 games last night in 22 and the change of direction and overall player control is night and day.

I don't think he ever rushed for 50 yards against me in Madden 21 in like 3 dozen games.

Using the Cowboys last night, he hung 55 on me in the FIRST QUARTER, because he didn't have that weird "barely change the stick and the guy cuts 90 degrees the other way" crap going on.

I tried on Series X briefly and that movement is on another level, but most of my time was spent on PC last night. I picked off the CPU 4 times in the first game (Daniel Jones), and there were more inaccurate throws in general. But running the ball is entirely too easy with almost any team now. I easily hung 200 on him using the Cowboys, and using the Raiders I could still gain well over 150 with Jacobs just from the momentum making me fall forward every play.

One thing they seem to have nailed is that there are lots of 2 to 4 yard runs, instead of feast or famine now. It's tough to stop the run unless you really commit to it, and even then guys might get hit 2 yards in the backfield and still manage to shrug off and stumble forward for 3 yards.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Totally disagree, I played a ton of 21 on the PC I see or feel no difference at all. I'm also pretty sure I read somewhere where it is exactly the same as last year.

Even if there are slight tweaks, not sure how anyone could play it after trying the X/S version. I can move up and down the field at will on the PC version, on the X/S it is a challenge.
Follow Me on:

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Internet/ YouTube reviews consensus is 22 is dogshit. Rehashed like the last # of years. True?

I don’t even have any desire to dl it from EA play to play 10 hours. From which I read that’s broken too. That when you quit the timer still counts down.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Lancer wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:23 pm
Internet/ YouTube reviews consensus is 22 is dogshit. Rehashed like the last # of years. True?
Not even remotely true.
Follow Me on:

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Danimal wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:54 pm
Totally disagree, I played a ton of 21 on the PC I see or feel no difference at all. I'm also pretty sure I read somewhere where it is exactly the same as last year.

Even if there are slight tweaks, not sure how anyone could play it after trying the X/S version. I can move up and down the field at will on the PC version, on the X/S it is a challenge.
It said they didn't add the new movement from the X/S version. It is definitely easier to change directions without the player doing some random cuts in opposite directions.

My buddy didn't play Madden until Madden 21, and he couldn't move at all in that game.

In Madden 22 he is much more effective because the players don't do the random exaggerated direction changes.

Funny, too. I light up the CPU on the series X but have more of a challenge on the PC. And that interface on the Series X? Every coach cam like 'draws in' the play art with big delays and squigglies?

That will take getting used to.