rFactor Poker Night tonight (Wednesday, Sept. 19)

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

rFactor Poker Night tonight (Wednesday, Sept. 19)

Post by pk500 »

Boys:

As Rich Christensen says in "Pinks," "LET'S RACE!"

10:30 p.m. (ET) tonight, with this splendid, challenging, varied lineup of rFactor majesty:

1. Meganes at Essington
2. PCC 2007 Porsche Michelin Supercup at Lime Rock Park (no chicane)
3. Champ Car at Road America

Sound cool? Don, can you launch three servers for each of these rooms?

Hope to see you cats there, especially the West Coast posse (Jimmy, Piggy)! :)

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

Guys, I'll be there contigent on my internet working...it has been down at home for 18 hours.... :evil:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Did you kill your home connection by downloading old episodes of "Touched by an Angel" AGAIN? :)

Hope you can get everything sorted, man! :)

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

GB_Simo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: rFactor Poker Night tonight (Wednesday, Sept. 19)

Post by GB_Simo »

pk500 wrote:As Rich Christensen says in "Pinks," "LET'S RACE!"
One day that man's biceps are going to make a bid for freedom. I'm convinced of it. Anyway, I'm in.
XBox Live and PSN Gamertag: theycallhimsim

Smurfy
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Smurfy »

I'm not feeling 100% today, but I can't miss out on testing Don's fix for the Champ Cars at Road America.

I'm in.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Smurfy wrote:I'm not feeling 100% today, but I can't miss out on testing Don's fix for the Champ Cars at Road America.

I'm in.
Cool, man. Get well soon. Plus, you'll feel a hell of a lot better the first time you smoke our asses in a race! :)

See you tonight.

Take care,
PK

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

If I can get rFactor installed and track down all of this crap (and managed to get it downloaded), I'll join.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

TCrouch wrote:If I can get rFactor installed and track down all of this crap (and managed to get it downloaded), I'll join.
Megane Trophy 2.02
http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cf ... e%20Trophy

PCC 2007 1.0
http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=PCC%202007

Champ Car 1.1
http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cf ... d%20Series

Essington is a stock track.

Lime Rock 1.1
http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cf ... ock%20Park

Road America 1.2
http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cf ... %20America

Take care,
PK

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: rFactor Poker Night tonight (Wednesday, Sept. 19)

Post by DChaps »

pk500 wrote:Sound cool? Don, can you launch three servers for each of these rooms?
All set, and I should be there.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Racing buddha Don is in the virtual house -- cool!

Thanks,
PK

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Been trying for over an hour to download all of this crap, and the 1250 patch says I don't have rFactor installed, so I guess the logitech rFactor CD I have is useless. Have to download the whole game again, apparently.

GB_Simo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GB_Simo »

Piggy, it was nice to race you online after all this time we've spent talking about such events - hope your evening went well, matey. Terry, that was the first time I've seen you on rFactor - I look forward to more now everything's up and running again for you. PK, sorry for the hit you took at Lime Rock; I saw the entire spin unfold and I totally misread where your car was going.

I propose we do it again soon, with more people, a fit Smurfy, a fully-working rig for Don and no sudden dramatic disappearances. All in favour?

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Aye! I was worried about being a hazard, and I went for an outside pass early on and somehow collected PK. Sorry if it upset you or ruined your run, Paul. I guess I just tried to jump back into the side-by-side racing too quickly after such a long hiatus. We could have simply restarted, though.

GB_Simo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GB_Simo »

I imagine, Terry, that PK's run was probably ruined more by the meaty impact his front wing took as I hit him. Thing is, on lap one with three competitors, one immobilised and one whose car doesn't want to go anywhere but left (and for all I know your car might have been bust too)...that's a restart, and I guess having sat until 4.30 in the morning I might have appreciated one...

On any track containing both me and PK, I'm not sure you'll ever be considered the hazard, no matter how far out of practice you might be.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Adam, Terry:

None of the incidents mentioned were your fault. Yes, I received VERY minor taps. But anyone with a hint of concentration and skill -- neither of which I showed last night -- could have kept the car under control after those nudges.

I couldn't because I flat-out didn't have anything last night. One of those odd, hopefully rare nights where nothing went right. I had no feel for the car, no feel for the pace, no feel for anything. And no comments about my usual prescribed libations to alter my mind, as I wasn't any more or less f*cked up than usual! :)

Seriously, I was a rolling chicane waiting to spin out there, so I parked it after my second monster shunt. I just wasn't feeling it at all and decided to wait until another day.

That day will come shortly. Let's race again very soon, fellas! I need to exorcise the demon that possessed my driving last night! :)

Thanks,
PK

Smurfy
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Smurfy »

BLAST!

I was planning on joining you folks, but got dragged into an emergency at work. I didn't get home until nearly 1:00 am :(

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

By the way, Paul...thanks for the clean, concise links. Made the download process pretty simple. And it turned out I just needed to place the patch in my rFactor directory before executing it :oops:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

TCrouch wrote:By the way, Paul...thanks for the clean, concise links. Made the download process pretty simple. And it turned out I just needed to place the patch in my rFactor directory before executing it :oops:
No worries, man. I'm trying to ensure that all of us "regulars" have the same mods and tracks so we avoid incompatibility issues.

I wouldn't mind stepping out in a week or two and adding another mod and track to our lineup, too. I think we'll start in something other than Meganes next time, too. Meganes are GREAT fun, but I want to keep this thing fresh.

Thanks,
PK

GB_Simo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GB_Simo »

Paul, I hit you hard enough at Lime Rock to bend my car, never mind yours. The one at Essington was a bit different, in that I couldn't pass you at that turn unless you fell off the racetrack, so I was quite glad to see you brake late there - I'd bottled out of everything up to that point, and your defensive driving was top notch so I was wondering where I might get through.
pk500 wrote:I had no feel for the car, no feel for the pace, no feel for anything.
I had that too, though nothing too severe. I backed right out of the last lap in the Meganes because even though I was a bit off my normal pace there, I still didn't trust myself to stay on the road.

Edit: Whatever we do next, can we have a run at testing Don's Road America fix for the Champcars? Those things are awesome around there.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

GB_Simo wrote:I'd bottled out of everything up to that point, and your defensive driving was top notch so I was wondering where I might get through.
I'm glad you saw it that way about my defensive driving, Adam. No question you were quicker, and I was trying to hold you up. But I was trying to do it subtly, by easing to the middle of the road on corner exit instead of darting toward or hugging the proper line.

Once you cleared me in a corner, I was going to surrender. Unfortunately, that moment never came since I pitched the car off the track.

Thanks,
PK

GB_Simo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GB_Simo »

I thought it was a pretty classy bit of defensive work. It was solid, firm driving but quite predictable, by which I mean I was never sat wondering where you'd go next. The car in front is entitled to hold position, the car behind is entitled to get by through fair means and that leads to good racing, which is what we had. The only thing I didn't like, in truth, was that it ended early instead of at the flag.

ProvoAnC
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by ProvoAnC »

sorry I couldn't make it guys...its been hectic around here to say the least.

Hopefully I can catch you next time
I have a new gamertag Provo 4569

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Sorry I never ended showing up. My good racing PC was all screwed up and then both kids were sick. I've always got lots of excuses up my sleeve. Anyone interested in tonight at 11:00 pm EDT? I know its ridiculously short notice. The servers should all still be up at the above mentioned tracks.

GB_Simo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GB_Simo »

I can try to stay awake for it, mate. Any other takers?

Edit: Don, I'll stay around until the start time and see how things are, and I'm happy to run no matter whether it's just us two or we get a few more pitching in, but if you can, pop a post in here and let me know if you want to run should the turnout be low.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Don:

I'll run if we can get one more guy! Come on, boys!

Take care,
PK