NFL Season Thread

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Will - Mike Nolan, and also Jack DelRio from the Jags had to get permission as well. Reebok is the official outfitter of the NFL, so he has to wear a Reebok suit. The ones you've seen on the sidelines have been made by them.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

RobVarak wrote:How many Bears fans are there in SD? It sounds like a neutral site LOL
I expected a good number, but I'll bet at least a quarter of the stadium was orange and blue. I have to give credit to the San Diego fans, though, they got really noisy after they went up 7-3.

Absolutely sucked to see a great defensive performance wasted like that. Grossman had very little to do with that loss. He didn't play very well, but the two fumbles and the punt turnover were the back breakers. His interception was more Bernard Berrian's fault for suddenly forgetting he was in a live play and not even looking for a pass.

Cedric Benson should legally change his name to Curtis Enis. What a stiff. It's like he's magnetically repulsed by any holes. The Bears are going to lose a lot of games like this unless they get the running game going.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Will - Mike Nolan, and also Jack DelRio from the Jags had to get permission as well. Reebok is the official outfitter of the NFL, so he has to wear a Reebok suit. The ones you've seen on the sidelines have been made by them.
I seem to remember last year, there was a limit of 4 times any coach could wear the suit. It's just nuts how comprehensive this Reebok deal is. It's all about selling that Reebok gear, and they're not going to be selling many of those suits.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

The Patriots ARE officially cheaters:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/stor ... NHeadlines

Possible sanctions included stripping them of multiple draft picks. LOL. My disdain for all things Boston grows by the day.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

dbdynsty25 wrote:The Patriots ARE officially cheaters:

Possible sanctions included stripping them of multiple draft picks. LOL. My disdain for all things Boston grows by the day.
Of course they will spin this that the video guy did it on his own and he will get fired.

I hate the Pats.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Danimal wrote:Of course they will spin this that the video guy did it on his own and he will get fired.
They can't do that...the same guy was busted for it last year...it just was kept quiet for some reason. There is some shady business going on here.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Charlie Frye becomes the first quarterback to open the season as a starter and be traded before week 2, sent to Seattle for a 6th round draft pick.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3014233

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Kevin Everett's prognosis is looking up...he may walk again after all. Apparently things have turned for the better this afternoon.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Frye is a disaster...not surprised after watching those two quarters he played this year.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Kevin Everett's prognosis is looking up...he may walk again after all. Apparently things have turned for the better this afternoon.

I just saw this...great news.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:The Patriots ARE officially cheaters:

Such a stupid thing to get busted for, it's not like they needed those signals to win that game. Hope Goodell docks them at least a #1 for being dumb asses as much as cheaters.

My guess is Frye has the last laugh when Romeo Crennel gets canned before the end of the season and Frye still has a job.

Really glad to hear Everett has movement in his limbs. So scary when you see a player crumple the way he did.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

It's Official:

Belichick, Patriots fined; team ordered to forfeit '08 draft pick

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10350336

NEW YORK -- New England coach Bill Belichick was fined the NFL maximum of $500,000 Thursday and the Patriots were ordered to pay $250,000 for videotaping an opponent's offensive and defensive signals.

Commissioner Roger Goodell also ordered the team to give up next year's first-round draft choice if it reaches the playoffs and second- and third-round picks if it doesn't.

"This episode represents a calculated and deliberate attempt to avoid longstanding rules designed to encourage fair play and promote honest competition on the playing field," Goodell said in a letter to the Patriots.
AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

I doubt it will happen, but it would be cool if it kept Bill Belichick out of the Hall of Fame.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Does this over turn the results of SB XXXVI?

If Not I dont give a f***...stealing signs=big f***in deal to me...

I hate the Pats and belliprick but I really dont see it as that big a deal...The Jets knew he was doing that...PROTECT YOUR SIGNS.

To Me its the NFL getting more press.

SoMisss2000
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by SoMisss2000 »

just when Roger Goodell was the most popular commissioner in pro sports he goes and slaps Bilicheat and his boy Bob Kraft on the wrist. Wade Wilson, who's HGH use in an attempt to gain WOOD, was fined a huge chunk of his salary, 100K, and suspended 5 games. Pats lose one of their first rounders and still have one (San Francisco's pick, likely a high one).

Kissrox
Mario Mendoza

Post by Kissrox »

Cheating is cheating know doubt about it. The Pats were caught . Getting caught for HGH is different. The crimes are not the same. It's like dog fighting and 1st degree murder. You both are convicts but of a different sort. As for forfeiting the game, they took the camera away in the first quarter. The score was no more than 7-7. Final score, 38-14. Personally I though Belichick should have gotten a suspension as well as the fines and draft pick(s).
XBL GAMERTAG: Kissrox

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

I don't think it's a slap -- it seems about right. Half a million is a lot of money for a fine, and losing a first round pick always hurts, even if you have two of them. I see this as more of a serious misdemeanor rather than a football felony, like if they had stolen the Jets playbook or put a bounty on Pennington.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Brando70 wrote: I see this as more of a serious misdemeanor rather than a football felony, like if they had stolen the Jets playbook or put a bounty on Pennington.
Did you see the game? Sure looked like there awas a bounty on Pennington and they had the Jets playbook to me. :lol:

In all seriousness I would have liked to have seen BB suspended for 4 games as well.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

You really think old Billy is going to pay that fine. He won't be paying a cent of that money, the Pats will.

No suspension means it was a slap on the wrist IMO.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

That should have forced him to wear a suit for the next four games as punishment. :) Nothing could be worse for "Homeless" Bill Bellichick.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Feanor wrote:That should have forced him to wear a suit for the next four games as punishment. :) Nothing could be worse for "Homeless" Bill Bellichick.
:lol: :lol:

Though I really dont think the offense was that big a deal personally ...the punishment does scream hypocracy when considering how comish deals with everyone else....

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Danimal wrote:You really think old Billy is going to pay that fine. He won't be paying a cent of that money, the Pats will.

No suspension means it was a slap on the wrist IMO.
Indeed. He should have gotten a five game suspension to go with that. I wonder how long he's been doing this and how much T. Brady benefited from the spying.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Most fradulent 2-0 team in the NFL, the SF 49ers. The Rams kept trying to give them the game and the coaching staff kept trying to refuse it.

So they're holding the hands of the first pick of the NFL draft from two years ago. Meanwhile, Cleveland cuts Derek Anderson loose and he leads the team to put up 51 on Cincy.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

wco81 wrote:Most fradulent 2-0 team in the NFL, the SF 49ers. The Rams kept trying to give them the game and the coaching staff kept trying to refuse it.

So they're holding the hands of the first pick of the NFL draft from two years ago. Meanwhile, Cleveland cuts Derek Anderson loose and he leads the team to put up 51 on Cincy.
That's was a pretty damn good showing by Anderson.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Can we get a "Spoilers Special" note in the title of this thread? Just to be sure.

Anyway, I don't even like the Raiders, and I think that was BS. Especially if the officials know before hand that the coach will call time at the last moment, they should make sure that the play isn't run. That's garbage. Why are the officials charged with working for one team or the other? I heard the whistle, but still I hate that type of crap. It has no business in this league. Meanwhile the 2nd kick was freaking unbelievable, that thing almost cleard the goalpost, from 52yds! I wonder if it had, what is the ruling supposed to be? The official is placed directly underneath the post, so he would see it went right over - what is the rule?