Bluetooth headset for PS3 question

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

black_dynamite
Mario Mendoza

Bluetooth headset for PS3 question

Post by black_dynamite »

For those of you who also have bluetooth headsets for the PS3 I've got a question for you all.

I've been playing Warhawk (pretty sweet game) but whenever I hear voice chat it's coming through my speakers. Shouldn't it be coming through the headset instead of the speakers? I don't think I have my configuration wrong as I set up the headset through the XMB and I tested it and seems to be working. Am I missing something here?

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

I bought the in-store version that came with the headset and I'm hearing people through the tv as well. This is my first blue tooth headset so I have no idea what to do with them. Is there even a way to turn the thing off? :oops:
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

My question is how do you even set the bluetooth headset up to begin with? I know you hit L3 to talk, but I can't figure out how to program it.

Thanks.

black_dynamite
Mario Mendoza

Post by black_dynamite »

sportdan30 wrote:My question is how do you even set the bluetooth headset up to begin with? I know you hit L3 to talk, but I can't figure out how to program it.

Thanks.
To set up the bluetooth headset first thing you need to do is fully charge the sucker. It's supposed to take about two hours so after that amount of time you should be good to go. Next thing you need to do is go to the settings in the XMB and choose accessory settings. Select to register a bluetooth device and then select to register a headset. It will give you an option about searching for a bluetooth headset what you need to do is make sure to turn off your headset by holding the button down for five seconds. Once you do that select to search for the bluetooth headset. During the search hold down the bluetooth headset button until a solid blue light appears once that appears the headset that you have should be found by the PS3. Once it's found select your headset and then it will ask for a password. If you have the Jabra headset the password is 0000. Once you do that your headset is now registered for the PS3.

Once you have the registration done while still in the accessory settings go to the audio device settings and from there you can configure your volume control and do other tests to ensure your headset is working. From there you should be good to go.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Wow what a pain in the arse.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Pairing is common with Bluetooth devices.

Then again, the Sixaxis controllers are Bluetooth and all you have to do is press the button, no need to enter a code.

Yeah sometimes in Madden, people try to chat with me even though I don't have a mic connected. I can hear them through the TV speakers.

You would think there would be some XMB setting or maybe a setting in game to select the output of the sound.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

If you do not use the headset and do not want to hear people through your speakers, I believe there is a "Voice" volume bar in the audio setitngs.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Thanks B D for the simple how to instructions! I appreciate it.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Well, I finally had a chance to really play this game last night after the firmware update. I was sick as a dog on Saturday and Sunday and I kept getting disconnected when trying yesterday during the day. It seems that you need to press the receive button on the blue tooth headset to start hearing voices in the earpiece.
I am a patient boy.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

ScoopBrady wrote:Well, I finally had a chance to really play this game last night after the firmware update. I was sick as a dog on Saturday and Sunday and I kept getting disconnected when trying yesterday during the day. It seems that you need to press the receive button on the blue tooth headset to start hearing voices in the earpiece.
Firmware update?

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Spooky wrote:Firmware update?
Yep, firmware 1.92 was released last night at around 10:30 pm central. I don't know what it did but supposedly people are claiming that it improved the six-axis controls for Lair.
I am a patient boy.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

ScoopBrady wrote:
Spooky wrote:Firmware update?
Yep, firmware 1.92 was released last night at around 10:30 pm central. I don't know what it did but supposedly people are claiming that it improved the six-axis controls for Lair.
No way!?!? That sounds really fishy.