Overheating 360 Wireless Racing Wheel

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Overheating 360 Wireless Racing Wheel

Post by vader29 »

For those who have the 360 wireless racing wheel there is supposed to be an overheating issue with them when using the power adaptor and they advise only using it with batteries until you fix it with a retrofit kit that they will send out to you.

Info is all here: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/syste ... trofit.htm

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

My wheel has certainly never seen enough use to be in risk of overheating...

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Another 360 hardware problem? Good Lord!

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

pk500 wrote:Another 360 hardware problem? Good Lord!

Take care,
PK
I'm sorry but I just have laugh! :lol: MS needs to fire their entire quality department.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

sportdan30 wrote:I'm sorry but I just have laugh! :lol: MS needs to fire their entire quality department.
Now if only they could fire all of the developers that keep putting out the A+ titles for the 360 only...then the PS3 would have a shot. Hey, at least the PS3 outsold the 360 in July...it's a start.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Good gawd man even their steering wheels suffer from RROD. MS needs to find a new manufacturer closer to home. This made in China hardware sux.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Can't agree with your more Db. You can't even start to compare the 360 and PS3 games. It's damn frusturating to be a PS3 owner right now. However, I'm not a FPS gamer, so there are less A+ titles on the 360 that I care about. Their big guns (Gears, Bioshock, and Halo 3) are as interesting to me as picking weeds in my back yard. Now I wouldn't mind having a chance to play them mind you. :wink:

Edit: The PS3 is built like a rock. It can't be killed.

http://gamernode.com/News/3641-Can-you- ... index.html

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Rodster wrote:Good gawd man even their steering wheels suffer from RROD. MS needs to find a new manufacturer closer to home. This made in China hardware sux.
I'd check it for lead. Seriously! 8O

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

sportdan30 wrote:MS needs to fire their entire quality department.
Must be employing this guy...

Fire! Fire!

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Bad year for xbox hardware, BUT what a year for China manufacturing! Holy S*!

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

sportdan30 wrote:Can't agree with your more Db. You can't even start to compare the 360 and PS3 games. It's damn frusturating to be a PS3 owner right now. However, I'm not a FPS gamer, so there are less A+ titles on the 360 that I care about. Their big guns (Gears, Bioshock, and Halo 3) are as interesting to me as picking weeds in my back yard. Now I wouldn't mind having a chance to play them mind you. :wink:

Edit: The PS3 is built like a rock. It can't be killed.

http://gamernode.com/News/3641-Can-you- ... index.html
Yeh it does suck but i cant help but think all this will catch up to them soon , maybe being outsold in july is the start. If there was an alternative right now people would be flocking over there, so im thinking after this development cycle is over and games even out on both systems i dont think they will win this next gen war , unless they get new ones out built like rocks its gonna bite them in the ass. I hope something gets to them.
After saying all that tho its one helluva system, live is the s*** compared with sony.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Jimmydeicide wrote: Yeh it does suck but i cant help but think all this will catch up to them soon , maybe being outsold in july is the start. If there was an alternative right now people would be flocking over there, so im thinking after this development cycle is over and games even out on both systems i dont think they will win this next gen war , unless they get new ones out built like rocks its gonna bite them in the ass. I hope something gets to them.
After saying all that tho its one helluva system, live is the s*** compared with sony.
I agree when the 360 works it's the best package available from the big 3.

If the morons had designed this thing a little better we wouldn't be having these problems. What gets me is anyone who has ever built a PC or better yet a Gaming Rig knows first hand what inadequate ventilation will do to a system.

How in the hell did this get past R&D, Q&A and then get ignored, it's shameful. Everyone signed off on the 360 ventilation system which is laughable to say the least. It's common knowledge that the GPU heatsink can approach 212 deg F. No wonder these things fall apart. And to make matters worse the DVD drive sits right above the GPU heatsink.

All they had to do was either install heatsink fans and or allow for front air ventilation where cool air is constantly traveling over the heatsinks and getting blown out the back. And to make matters worse the dumbasses decide to lower the exhaust fan output to cut down on the noise. The whole design is just laughable from people who make six to seven figure salaries with college degrees.

This is building gaming rig design 101. This is one reason why the PS3 is so stable and besides the PS3 uses a variable speed exhaust fan.

ExtremeGamer
Mario Mendoza

Post by ExtremeGamer »

Jimmydeicide wrote: Yeh it does suck but i cant help but think all this will catch up to them soon , maybe being outsold in july is the start. If there was an alternative right now people would be flocking over there, so im thinking after this development cycle is over and games even out on both systems i dont think they will win this next gen war , unless they get new ones out built like rocks its gonna bite them in the ass. I hope something gets to them.

Actually, the final numbers are out, and the 360 still outsold the PS3 by 13,000 units I believe.
[url=http://www.whoneedsrules.com]WhoNeedsRules.com[/url]

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Bottom line is if 360 was built properly it would cost the same as a ps3. Classic case of you get what you pay for.

Intec are laughing all the way to the bank with their stupid fan add on.