PSN Store Marketplace

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

PSN Store Marketplace

Post by sportdan30 »

Thought I'd start a thread for the PSN marketplace rather than always posting in "PS3 impressions". I apologize in advance if this stirs up frusturation.

August 2nd:
Demos of GRAW 2 and the Darkness

It's nice to finally see more than one demo go up at a time.

By the way, are any of you with PS3's familar with PSN game sharing? From what I understand, each game that you download can be downloaded a total of five times. So, it's possible if one person purchases a game, then others can take advantage. If anyone is interested in this, let me know. I can post instructions.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

FYI on the PSN game sharing, courtesy of CAG:

"think whenever you download a paid game off the PSN, it's linked with your playstation ID, and you can redownload it I think 5 times free of charge.

so basically, download it on yours or a dummy account, take off your CC info and change your password, give information to trading buddy, log on with the information, go into the PS store, and I think there is a list or something of downloaded games. Download, let the other person know, say thanks, and be on your way.

Just be careful who you give your info to they might change your password before you get a hold of your account back (not that they'd really gain anything from it), in which case you'd probably have to just create a new account and be glad that you took off your CC info."

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

The idea is intriguing Dan, I would be interested, let's see how it develops down the stretch.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

I just read elsewhere that if you downloaded Tekken 5 DR with a shared account, you will NOT be able to apply the upcoming online patch for $10.

You will likely have to buy the whole thing for $30 if you want the online functionality.

I think this would be useful for simpler games, the ones which go for $10 or less like Super Stardust which is suppose to be pretty good.

I wonder how much they will charge for the upcoming Warcraft and SOCOM games, which are online-only. They will probably be several gigs (if a short Heavenly Sword demo could be a gig), you won't have a manual or a disc as backup.

Little Big Planet is also suppose to come out as a download first and later as a Blu-Ray disc release with more levels.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

wco81 wrote:I wonder how much they will charge for the upcoming Warcraft and SOCOM games, which are online-only. They will probably be several gigs (if a short Heavenly Sword demo could be a gig), you won't have a manual or a disc as backup.
I so hope that you didn't mean Warhawk. A Warcraft game on PS3 would be awesome.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Sorry, yes, Warhawk, not Warcraft.

Warcraft or any RTS would really need mouse and keyboard support, which Sony does leave up to the discretion of the developer and publisher.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Dirt and NCAA '08 demo is now up.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Just tried the NCAA demo and the start menu was kinda jittery so i thought i was in for a stutterfest boy was i suprised at how smooth it was, maybe they have the demo at 60fps as a smoke screen ? if not then it played just as smooth as 360 and with 2 minute quaters and replays even.
A very good demo. If any PS3 ers were on the fence cos of frame rate they will be in the stores with their money after the demo.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Jimmydeicide wrote:Just tried the NCAA demo and the start menu was kinda jittery so i thought i was in for a stutterfest boy was i suprised at how smooth it was, maybe they have the demo at 60fps as a smoke screen ? if not then it played just as smooth as 360 and with 2 minute quaters and replays even.
A very good demo. If any PS3 ers were on the fence cos of frame rate they will be in the stores with their money after the demo.
From my NCAA 08 rental a week ago, I could certainly tell a difference in how smooth it was compared to my Madden rental. I'll have to give the NCAA demo a whirl and compare side by side to Madden which I still have.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Jimmydeicide wrote:Just tried the NCAA demo and the start menu was kinda jittery so i thought i was in for a stutterfest boy was i suprised at how smooth it was, maybe they have the demo at 60fps as a smoke screen ? if not then it played just as smooth as 360 and with 2 minute quaters and replays even.
Agreed.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

The DIRT demo was surely smooth.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

10spro wrote:The DIRT demo was surely smooth.
That one is next on my list...thanks for the feedback!

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Without a doubt, the Dirt demo was incredibly smooth. I did however have trouble keeping my car on the track. I love the jumps. The game looks gorgeous as well.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Dirt was the same as 360 or at least i didnt see anything wrong with it ,other than i couldnt use a steering wheel.
Anyone got a usb wheel to work with it.

All this talk about ports and frame rate is hurting the ps3 and from what i see for no reason.

If someone didnt have a 360 to compare it too all would be good.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

I'm curious if Dirt for PS3 online will be different than the X360.

My understanding is that you're not racing other cars, not even ghost cars, just their times?

Would make online races dry compared to Motorstorm, I would think.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Folklore demo is up. I haven't a clue about this game, but it's a PS3 demo nonetheless.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

GT5 Prologue to be a free download. Very nice.

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2007/08/27/gra ... l-be-free/

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Warhawk available for download at midnight eastern. I'll wait for impressions.

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2007/08/27/war ... -tomorrow/

WillHunting
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by WillHunting »

sportdan30 wrote:GT5 Prologue to be a free download. Very nice.

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2007/08/27/gra ... l-be-free/
That's nice. VERY nice.
+++++++++++++++
Gamertag: The Praxis
+++++++++++++++

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Has anybody played the beta of Warhawk? I'd love to hear some impressions as I'm totally undecided on this one.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Here's a source that contradicts the notion that GT5 Prologue will be a free download. Odder still is that the download won't have damage but the Blu-Ray version will?

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/816/816592p1.html
Quote:
GT 5 Prologue for EU by End of Year
Early taste of Gran Turismo 5 with 40+ cars and 16-player online racing.
by Rob Burman, IGN UK

UK, August 29, 2007 - Sony has confirmed that European PlayStation 3 owners can get behind the wheel of Gran Turismo 5 Prologue toward the end of the year. This taste of Sony's first true next-gen GT is scheduled for release on both Blu-Ray and PlayStation Network.

A SCEE spokesperson stressed to us that while Prologue is heading to PSN, it won't be free like the previously released Gran Turismo demo and, what's more, the downloadable game doesn't include damage modelling - unlike the Blu-ray version. However, both versions do include more than 40 cars, as well as offering the chance to go head-to-head with fellow speed freaks in 16-player online races.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Anyone know when "Everyday Shooter" is supposed to come out??? I am very excitied for that one.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Spooky wrote:Anyone know when "Everyday Shooter" is supposed to come out??? I am very excitied for that one.
From this article, it appears late summer or early fall. Nothing concrete yet.

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2007/07/30/ps3 ... s-jon-mak/

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

I'm not sure what I did in my video settings, but when I access the PSN now, the print is rather small. If anyone has any suggestions as to how to increase the font size, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

sportdan30 wrote:I'm not sure what I did in my video settings, but when I access the PSN now, the print is rather small. If anyone has any suggestions as to how to increase the font size, I'd appreciate it.
Get a bigger TV.