XBOX 360 Warranty Question

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

black_dynamite
Mario Mendoza

XBOX 360 Warranty Question

Post by black_dynamite »

Hey guys I have a question for you all. I'm looking into purchasing a used 360 this weekend (this will be the third time that I've purchased a 360 and this time it will be the last time as I will keep the console this time) I was wondering can you purchase a warranty from Microsoft or should just look into getting a 360 off of someone with a warranty?

If anyone can help me out I'd really appreciate it.

Airdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Airdog »

I believe they're all standard three year warranties now, so you may as well wait to extend it if that option is available.
- Rob
PSN: smearobe

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

The 3 year warranty only applies to the 3 "Flashing Red Lights". Everything else is covered by a 1 year warranty.

Airdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Airdog »

Thanks for adding that Rodster, my post definitely would've been taking as covering everything.
- Rob

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Rodster wrote:The 3 year warranty only applies to the 3 "Flashing Red Lights". Everything else is covered by a 1 year warranty.
Yeah bit it's pretty easy to induce the RROD issue with some plasti wrap.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Danimal wrote:
Rodster wrote:The 3 year warranty only applies to the 3 "Flashing Red Lights". Everything else is covered by a 1 year warranty.
Yeah bit it's pretty easy to induce the RROD issue with some plasti wrap.
LOL, very true.

kevinpars
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by kevinpars »

Or fix it with a towel!

Of course, if the used one you are buying has been opened by anyone other than MS, then the warranty is moot.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

That's just a temporary trick Kevin. The 3 red lights usually return in a couple of weeks. :)

kevinpars
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by kevinpars »

Yeah, the towel trick got me through a week. But since i am going on vacation next week, it was a nice reprieve and gave me a chance to get in a week of football gaming before the inevitable repair.

BTW, I keep hearing rumblings of a price cut of $50.00 coming in August (Kotaku reported it a few days back). Since I doubt MS would do a price cut until the product shipped to retail was fixed, I imagine that the chances would be good that the boxes would have the new heatsinks at this time and be less likely to break down. Something for people on the fence to consider. Personally, I am waiting to see if the new small and cooler chips make for a more reliable box.

Airdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Airdog »

kevinpars wrote:BTW, I keep hearing rumblings of a price cut of $50.00 coming in August (Kotaku reported it a few days back).
It would be a good idea to make sure the store has a thirty day price match/price drop guarantee, if one were to buy a 360 in the near future.
- Rob

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: XBOX 360 Warranty Question

Post by Feanor »

black_dynamite wrote:Hey guys I have a question for you all. I'm looking into purchasing a used 360 this weekend (this will be the third time that I've purchased a 360 and this time it will be the last time as I will keep the console this time) I was wondering can you purchase a warranty from Microsoft or should just look into getting a 360 off of someone with a warranty?

If anyone can help me out I'd really appreciate it.
You might be better off waiting a while and getting a new 360 once the price drops. I bought a used Xbox in 2004 and it put me off buying used consoles for life.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

And the price has dropped according to....

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/archives/w ... ce-cut.php