NASCAR 08

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

NASCAR 08

Post by Teal »

Barring horrid reviews, I'll be picking this up this week. With 12-16 player online racing, and some pretty good looking features and graphics, I'm looking forward to it. Anyone else thinking of taking the plunge on this one?
Last edited by Teal on Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Nozzleman_216
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Nozzleman_216 »

I AM IN! Spanner216 will have it also. Called about it tonight and my store said they may not have it until Wed. So, sometime this week the 2 of us will have it.
XBL: Nozzleman 216
PSN: Nozzleman_216

Darkbandit
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Darkbandit »

I'm in as well.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I'm thinking of getting it if the reviews are very good. If not i'll stick with NR2003.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

I've been waiting for a nascar game on 360 for 2 years now and finally we get one. I've got TRU gift cards up my neck so I better use them before they expire.

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

Inuyasha wrote:I've been waiting for a nascar game on 360 for 2 years now and finally we get one. I've got TRU gift cards up my neck so I better use them before they expire.
Hopefully we can have some impressions tomorrow.
[url=http://sensiblecoasters.wordpress.com/][b]Sensible Coasters - A critique of sports games, reviews, gaming sites and news. Questionably Proofread![/b][/url]

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I'll have it tomorrow.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

I think Moto GP will be better but that is a guess.
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

kevinpars
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by kevinpars »

The NASCAR demo is up on Xbox Live. All Pro Football demo as well.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

I'm considering it, but will wait to see what the DSP experts have to say about it.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Tried to DL NASCAR 08 and got an error message instead...I believe XBL is down right now in case anyone is wondering....

wpw721
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by wpw721 »

DivotMaker wrote:Tried to DL NASCAR 08 and got an error message instead...I believe XBL is down right now in case anyone is wondering....
I am having the same problem.

Fshguy
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Fshguy »

I'll be renting it... Leaning on Gamefly so hopefully by the end of the week. Hope my racing wheel is good for something. ;)

grtwhtsk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by grtwhtsk »

Haven't even been able to find a review yet. I hope that's not a bad sign.

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

there seems to be a real backlog for reviews since E3, just look at how long it took for All Pro and NCAA reviews to get posted at some sites.

GB_Simo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GB_Simo »

I'm halfway to getting it, but it's not launched on this fair isle for another month so whether I do take the plunge depends largely on what you lot say about it. The promised online racing holds particular appeal.
XBox Live and PSN Gamertag: theycallhimsim

nyisles16
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by nyisles16 »

well picked this one up today.. plopped it in my 360 & have to say, suprised right now at the game.. They have a "drafting skill" before entering the game (like the NHL 07 penalty shot thing).. anyhoo, there are plenty of real drivers (about 42 of them), with Edwards being the exception..

Did a "quick race" on a short track, & gotta say, setups are important, or at least - figuring out how to stay on track :lol: My car seemed very loose in the start & it showed --- swerving all over & then checking out the flag man waiving the yellow (sweet touch may I add).. Drafting on the large tracks (speedways) is very important, as even on medium difficulty I was stuck in the back..

Graphically, really can't say it's "next gen" - but would be better than probably on the past gen consoles.. Damage is realistic, as much as I got banged around, my car didn't come back into the race all fine and dandy like the previous NASCAR's EA made.. my car was slow to respond & the hood came up..

I am enjoying this one..

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

If I remember correctly from a video I saw a while ago, don't they have a 'tell us what needs fixing' type of setup adjustment option, as well as the in depth individual tweaks available for the real gear heads? I think maybe the Sony F1 game has something similar as well? That would be awesome if it does.

The game looks and sounds great from the vids I've seen, and I'm looking forward to the demo. I don't think I'll buy it, maybe gamefly it, but I love the idea of 16 racers on track, and imagine if it works well, filling out the field with AI would make the ovals more enjoyable for me. I'm curious how the online race event works, in terms of practice/ setup tweaking, quali, and so on. How many road courses are there, again? :P

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

I'm skeptical of the online play here. IGN said it was down to 12 racers, and that it was buggy in a recent build.

That and the fact that it probably won't be very playable online outside of the DSP crowd.
But for multiplayer NASCAR, the subject of this preview, the field is contained to 12 drivers online. According to EA, they were shooting for 16 players but just couldn't run the game at a smooth 30 frames per second....

On top of that, the online code seemed like it needed a little refining as there were several instances when cars would collide but the models would just meld into one another. Both drivers involved in the crash would still feel the shock, but those watching would see two stock cars becoming one. Couple that with several "Your connection has been lost" messages and I'd say EA Sports has its work cut out during the next two weeks.
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/798/798706p1.html

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

An OS poster already was b*tching that there was no online catch-up logic so if you make a mistake, you're done. Boo-f*cking-hoo. :cry:

Another dude mentioned that starting a wreck was becoming a choice tactic to create a caution and bunch the field since the catch-up logic was gone.

Nice.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

pk500 wrote:An OS poster already was b*tching that there was no online catch-up logic so if you make a mistake, you're done. Boo-f*cking-hoo. :cry:

Another dude mentioned that starting a wreck was becoming a choice tactic to create a caution and bunch the field since the catch-up logic was gone.

Nice.

Take care,
PK
it is OS...

i bet 90% of them drive the wrong way.

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

Demo is out...
[url=http://sensiblecoasters.wordpress.com/][b]Sensible Coasters - A critique of sports games, reviews, gaming sites and news. Questionably Proofread![/b][/url]

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

I hope it's more like nascar 05 (I think it was) where it was more about racing than setups and the such. When I put the thing in the machine, I just want to get my nascar car out there and race. Don't want to do any fixes or car setups.

Maybe I'll rent this one first now.

nyisles16
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by nyisles16 »

pk500 wrote:An OS poster already was b*tching that there was no online catch-up logic so if you make a mistake, you're done. Boo-f*cking-hoo. :cry:

Nice.

Take care,
PK

wow.. I guess they never watched a real race... I actually enjoy the fact that if you are out of the draft, it is hard to catch up.. makes it more realistic to me.. I found out also why it felt so "loosey goosey" to me - you need to adjust a couple of the settings (linear & something else) to get a tighter turn..

I hate though that you cannot create a car with a number lower than 100..

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Demo is up on XBL
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474