Madden 08 full game video

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

GTHobbes
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Madden 08 full game video

Post by GTHobbes »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhMubEYIsX0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJahNjqH ... ed&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwJ2vabJ ... ed&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8Y-fewa ... ed&search=

Sadly, it doesn't look like this will be the year that I become a fan of Tiburon football. Talk about your cure for insomnia. It's hard to believe they could do any less with the $300 million this game generates each year.

P.S. Could someone please tell Tiburon that kick returners do not wave for a fair catch when receiving kick offs in the end zone? Do these guys even watch football on Sundays? Sometimes its really hard to tell.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

wow, first vid i've seen of madden 08, think it looks pretty cool. Presentation reminds me of 2k5. Gameplay looks faster too.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Good god within 3 minutes of actual playtime I saw a KR fair catch in the endzone, the opening play was a fumble, followed by the Jags throwing a pick, followed by Indy throwing a another INT. This game obviously shares a lot with NCAA Football 08. One other thing I don't like that gets annoying is the start stop start of the animation, there's very little in the way of smooth transition from one animation to the next. The other thing I saw in the first and only video I watched was the poor collision detection. I saw a LB barely touch the RB on one play with his shoulder which caused him to get decleated.

I do agree that the opening game presentation looks better.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

This is one of the biggest money making video games of all time ? Youd think they could afford some decent anouncing.

Not impressed at all.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

You guys do realize that the human opponent was the one who fair caught the ball in the endzone right? You also realize that you can fair catch a kickoff too, right? It looked good to me.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Madden 08 full game video

Post by Danimal »

GTHobbes wrote: P.S. Could someone please tell Tiburon that kick returners do not wave for a fair catch when receiving kick offs in the end zone? Do these guys even watch football on Sundays? Sometimes its really hard to tell.
Let me clarify that the Jags were the only ones I saw in the video who did this and they were controlled by a human player. I'm pretty sure I can call a fair catch in the end zone in APF if I am in control of the player.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

ScoopBrady wrote:You guys do realize that the human opponent was the one who fair caught the ball in the endzone right? You also realize that you can fair catch a kickoff too, right? It looked good to me.
That wouldn't sit well with his point Scoop. You have to realize the source.
Follow Me on:

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Madden 08 full game video

Post by MizzouRah »

Danimal wrote:
GTHobbes wrote: P.S. Could someone please tell Tiburon that kick returners do not wave for a fair catch when receiving kick offs in the end zone? Do these guys even watch football on Sundays? Sometimes its really hard to tell.
Let me clarify that the Jags were the only ones I saw in the video who did this and they were controlled by a human player. I'm pretty sure I can call a fair catch in the end zone in APF if I am in control of the player.
No doubt... it was quite obvious.

GTHobbes
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GTHobbes »

Actually, I didn't realize it was the human controlled team doing it. That does help explain it.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

If the main b*tch is about somebody calling a fair catch in the endzone then I think we'll be alright.

people just love to find s*** to b*tch about when it comes to these football games... instead of just enjoying them for what they are. 1's and 0's

I say this about fans from both camps btw.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

PRBoom wrote:people just love to find s*** to b*tch about when it comes to these football games... instead of just enjoying them for what they are. 1's and 0's
I wish some 1's and 0's would start showing up in the box scores of my games under the heading "interception and fumbles returns for TD." Until then I'm going to express my opinions and people can feel free to ignore them. Otherwise, why the hell would I post/visit here if not to discuss the pros/cons/potential solutions for problems.

I am so sick of people b*tching about people b*tching. It's just killing my enjoyment here. B*tch about the mods. B*tch about DB. B*tch about Jack (OK, that's kinda fun :D ) For two months we should all try to just post about how much we enjoy games (people tend to forget that we *do* that frequently but God forbid if you have something negative to say) for what they are just to realize how boring that would be.

I'm all for a "positive" and "negative" thread for each game if we can get it by DB :D

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I tend to stay out of the bitching threads, especially the bitching about games. It never ceases to amaze me how a 'game killer' can come down to a stat glitch, or the wrong color f'ing shoe, or the wrong neckpad on DB #43, or that I don't get my ass handed to me enough by the CPU. Please.

These things are for entertainment, but I get the distinct impression sometimes that some people take this s*** WAY too seriously, and by gosh, if it doesn't mirror real life, then it sucks. I just don't get it. A 15 year old who doesn't know that there is a real life outside of video games is one thing...somebody pushing 40 who still acts like that is really sad.

'But I can't enjoy the game when the DB's don't do this right, or when this or that is SO unrealistic'...um, it's a videogame. Realistic doesn't really have any place in the conversation, if the truth be known.

I enjoy games. They're my relaxation. I don't see the need to get wrapped around the axle about so much ridiculous stuff.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

I just wish the damn presentation was better. It flat out sucks. I just can't stand the radio announcer. At least let him broadcast on the FM dial with a color commentator. There's too much dead space between plays. EA needs to get a clue when it comes to Madden's presentation.

Other than that, the gameplay looks good, but the immersive feeling I get when playing games like NBA 2K7 and MLB The Show is absent.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

tealboy03 wrote:A 15 year old who doesn't know that there is a real life outside of video games is one thing...somebody pushing 40 who still acts like that is really sad.
True. I'm going to take a self-imposed break from posting in the forums for awhile because it's just not as much fun posting or reading anymore. I do have a lot of outside interests so I'm not going to make posts that I feel are a waste of time that I could spend golfing, reading, lifting, running, etc. If I'm going to praise games like WE, The Show, NBA 2K7, NHL 07, etc for the fun and realism, then it only makes sense to point out the flaws in other games. However, I've seen it posted here enough that those opinions are really not welcomed by a substantial amount of posters. That's fine, but it's just not what I'm looking for in a sports gaming community. If all I read are how great the games are then that takes away from games that *nail* fun factor and realism like the Show.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

The reason for Marshall Faulk in this game is becuase.......

FYI, I read earlier in the week that the story about Madden running at 60fps on the PS3 is false. Ah, well.

GTHobbes
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GTHobbes »

The thing that I don't get is, people used to complain when I'd b*tch about Mario Running, no gang tackling, suction blocking, etc., and now that those areas have been addressed, it's like they think Tiburon decided to fix those things on their own.

Just because some people don't mind settling for one playable camera angle doesn't mean the rest of us should accept it and shut the hell up. Make a great game (The Show jumps to mind) and you'll see stupid complaint posts all but disappear.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Leebo33 wrote:
tealboy03 wrote:A 15 year old who doesn't know that there is a real life outside of video games is one thing...somebody pushing 40 who still acts like that is really sad.
True. I'm going to take a self-imposed break from posting in the forums for awhile because it's just not as much fun posting or reading anymore. I do have a lot of outside interests so I'm not going to make posts that I feel are a waste of time that I could spend golfing, reading, lifting, running, etc. If I'm going to praise games like WE, The Show, NBA 2K7, NHL 07, etc for the fun and realism, then it only makes sense to point out the flaws in other games. However, I've seen it posted here enough that those opinions are really not welcomed by a substantial amount of posters. That's fine, but it's just not what I'm looking for in a sports gaming community. If all I read are how great the games are then that takes away from games that *nail* fun factor and realism like the Show.
Don't let it get to you. You are in the camp who I enjoy reading impressions from, whether I agree with them or not.

We know GT loves NFL 2k and that's fine, but to see a youtube video and start making gripes already.. it just frustrates some of us... but I still respect his opinions on any game. It's all part of being on a forum.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

There is a major difference between complaining about a product you have tried then one you haven't. If you want to complain and judge a game based on videos be my guest. If i had done the same, i wouldn't have bought APF and that would have been my loss. Fortunaetly for me I am willing to give a game a shot before writting it off from a video or demo.

But when you post something like does "Tiburon even watch football" and the fair catch thing, when it was (and should) be painfully obvious that it was a human controleld team. Even if you somehow missed the 25 second shot in the begining with the rings where one had a user name and theo other said CPU. If you saw that wouldn't your first thought be "must be a human controlled team"?

Bullet point comments like the above are meant for no other reason then to try and rile up people. So when you post such obvious attempts to rip a product like this, I wonder how much of a chance you're even giving the product in the first place. Why should I value any opinions you express when you show time and time again you have no willingness to put in any time with the game you love to complain about.

As much as Jrod gets under my skin with his opinionated tone, at least I've seen him online playing both games. I'd much rather hear what someone who puts in the time has to say, whether i agree with him or not, then someone who is just out to push the game he likes above all else.

In regards to taking this too serious, I am probably guilty as charged. I start out every year saying I wont get dragged into this tired old crap. But then I see people spewing constant bullshit and I can't help it, people like that bug me.
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Leebo33 wrote:True. I'm going to take a self-imposed break from posting in the forums for awhile because it's just not as much fun posting or reading anymore. I do have a lot of outside interests so I'm not going to make posts that I feel are a waste of time that I could spend golfing, reading, lifting, running, etc. If I'm going to praise games like WE, The Show, NBA 2K7, NHL 07, etc for the fun and realism, then it only makes sense to point out the flaws in other games. However, I've seen it posted here enough that those opinions are really not welcomed by a substantial amount of posters. That's fine, but it's just not what I'm looking for in a sports gaming community. If all I read are how great the games are then that takes away from games that *nail* fun factor and realism like the Show.
Who has blasted you for any opinions? I must have missed it. I don't think anyone here is looking for a praise fest, but we are looking for fair opinons. I can't speak for anyone else but I value some people's opinions around here a lot more then others. I'm sure everyone has a list of who they trust, or better yet who they game like. I would imagine Leebo that your on most people's valued opinion list.

To me it's all about how you post, not what you post. Consider the following tow statements.

"I think product A is better then Product B and C because of X, Y and Z. Of course YMMV."

"Product A is just the best game on the field. I'm not sure how anyone can enjoy product B and C. It is just the same old thing."

In my mind, while each of those is a valid opinion, poster one sounds informative and is just letting me know why he likes his game of choice, poster two sounds like a prick. I can tell you I am much more likely to listen to poster 1 then 2. Especially if 95% of posters 2 messages take on the same tone.
Follow Me on:

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Hey, Leebo, that wasn't directed at you, or any one person in particular, but the whole mindset in general. The thing is, Madden isn't even on the street yet, and by a video one can make assumptions of what kind of game it is, how much I do/don't like it, and whatever? Really?

I've played some games that others won't give the time of day to (Call of Juarez, Battlestations: Midway) that weren't initially on the radar, but that I really enjoy now. The 'gaming press' weren't terribly kind to them, especially COJ, but who the hell cares? It's fun.

I'm getting a kick out of NCAA 08 at the moment, and will probably dive into Madden when it drops, which is something that I haven't done in a long time-getting both games, that is. I don't have a gripe at all with NCAA, and I probably won't with Madden, just because I'm getting to the point of realizing that this is just a mindless hobby, really, and should be nothing more than a fun diversion. I've got two boys and a great wife that I love spending time with. That trumps any 'issue' I have with a game, anytime. If I don't care for it, I don't fool with it. But if my concerns are as minute as some of those I've seen railed about in some of these impressions threads, then I've gotta step back and take stock.

Will a game irritate me? You betcha. Playing that Shadowrun game with Zepp and Rob and having to listen to a dipshit 7th grader run his mouth the whole ?!@# time gets on my last nerve. :lol: But I can work around that.

By all means have an opinion. I've been playing NCAA football for years now, and EA has yet to get Auburn's fight song right. I suppose they won't ever-but it's far from a game killer for me. I'm glad they fixed the 'mario running', and I'm glad that there was enough concern in the community to warrant EA stepping up to the plate and working on some stuff, and I'm just happy to have a game that is moving solidly in the right direction. I just don't see the need to get, as I said, wrapped around the axle about little stuff so much, when it's apparent that they've done an admirable job making positive steps this time around.

I guess my lack of understanding comes in when a niggly little thing can result in a 'game killer'. I just don't understand that at all. Something that can be worked on? Yeah. But not something that "breaks the game". I haven't seen that yet. And I probably won't.

I probably should've stayed out of it, because I just don't see things the same way as some of you do. I'll leave it alone again...
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

I don't mind the radio announcer. One of my big gripes with previous maddens was that madden/summerall/michaels commentary made the game so boring to play. I think having a generic radio announcer now doesnt add much to the game but on the other hand, it doesn't take away anything either.

As for the Marshall Faulk pregame, it did seem a bit awkward. Sounded like he was actually reading from the script instead of trying to make it sound natural. No big deal.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Human players fair catch kickoffs to save a second or two from 4-minute quarter online games.

I'd be curious to see if APF 2008 yields realistic stats. As I recall, NFL2K didn't have more realistic stats -- in the DSP league, I think one of my DTs had like 14 sacks -- than Madden.

I've come not to expect realism from any of these sports games. In the case of Madden, it will have issues that they never address, even across generations of consoles. And some issues, they will improve only to regress and have these issues re-appear a few years later.

However, I can still derive hours and hours of entertainment, many of those hours rewarding, many others infuriating, by playing games online, both league and random opponents. You work around or live with some of these issues and they don't prevent you from enjoying the games.

You have to have a certain Zen approach to play Madden. :lol:

GTHobbes
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GTHobbes »

Dan, you're absolutely right...It is unfair for me to criticize the NCAA/Madden engine without having spent any real time with either game in years. It does look to be an improvement over where they were 2-3 years ago. Hopefully in another couple of years they'll have a product we can all enjoy.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Bottom line it's all about fun factor for me....I just don't have the time anymore to pick out flaws in games or worry if the rosters are accurate. So what if there are money plays in football games, so what if there are money goals in hockey games..etc....I realize it's just a video game.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

wco81 wrote:Human players fair catch kickoffs to save a second or two from 4-minute quarter online games.

I'd be curious to see if APF 2008 yields realistic stats. As I recall, NFL2K didn't have more realistic stats -- in the DSP league, I think one of my DTs had like 14 sacks -- than Madden.

I've come not to expect realism from any of these sports games. In the case of Madden, it will have issues that they never address, even across generations of consoles. And some issues, they will improve only to regress and have these issues re-appear a few years later.

However, I can still derive hours and hours of entertainment, many of those hours rewarding, many others infuriating, by playing games online, both league and random opponents. You work around or live with some of these issues and they don't prevent you from enjoying the games.

You have to have a certain Zen approach to play Madden. :lol:
Not of these games are realistic to a point. I think everyone understands that.

At the core of the gameplay they want the unpredicatability of the sport to come through. WE is popular because it gets the most important part of soccer right. You can score any type of goal in the game and this is why its so popular and likable. I don't think WE is very realistic in other parts of the field.

Take NCAA/Madden, I don't think EA sports gets the essense of football correct. The X's and O's are there but if you dig deeper there's not much behind the game. But people don't play in vacums they want to take the Rams to Super Bowl, or Man U to the Champs League, or win a 7 game playoff with the Maple Leafs. EA Sports gives that with a gameplay engine to feel satisfied about getting to the Super Bowl.

But let's say APF had the NFL license and Madden just has legends, which game would be better?

At the end of the day and as much as I love games like WE and APF, I want to see what my AF falcons can do and if they get into the top 25. There's only one game, I can achieve that.
[url=http://sensiblecoasters.wordpress.com/][b]Sensible Coasters - A critique of sports games, reviews, gaming sites and news. Questionably Proofread![/b][/url]