NCAA 08 impressions

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

NCAA 08 impressions

Post by MizzouRah »

It's time for a thread devoted to this great game.

It's premature, but after just one game, I'd have to say NCAA 07 isn't even in the same universe.

Controls are now FINALLY what they should be, the 60 fps is definitly noticeable and that's a great thing.

I've seen a missed FG, multiple injuries, and many other great things already. I feel like a kid in a candy store and I'm not sure I'll get to bed before 2-3am tongiht.

The game looks really crisp on my Dell monitor and the only studder or "lag" I'm seeing is when they bring up a players line stat for the game, like db said, the gameplay is as smooth as silk, wow.

I love how the OL finally knows how to block and you can tell who's overmatched when it comes to the OL vs the DL. I've uploaded 2 videos, so hopefully I can link them soon.

1st one was my first TD with 08 and the next was a K-St player totally making me come out of my cleates. :)

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

The 10-page one on the first page wasn't a thread devoted to this game?

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

TCrouch wrote:The 10-page one on the first page wasn't a thread devoted to this game?
Aren't you a mod over at OS? Last time I checked, this isn't OS.

Just like APF, I figured an impressions thread needed to be started. I'll delete the son of a b*tch if it really matters. :roll:

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NCAA 08 impressions

Post by Leebo33 »

In before the lock!!!!!! :D
MizzouRah wrote:I love how the OL finally knows how to block and you can tell who's overmatched when it comes to the OL vs the DL.
Yeah, blocking is better but there is still suction. I was heading up the middle on a blitz for a sure QB sack but my LB got sucked into a block where I literally lost control of him and he ran into the RB instead of towards the QB that I was heading towards.

I tried interceptions at zero and it seems to help, although the one I got in my last game was brought back for a TD. I'm not sure I've played a game yet where I didn't return a pick for a TD on All American. I also wish EA would implement a fumble slider because most of my games have a lot of turnovers, which is not that bad except for a large percentage of the TOs in my game are turning into six points.

I'm really having a lot of fun though. The suction blocking and fumbles I can live with as long as I can eliminate the picks with sliders. The running game is a lot of fun!

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NCAA 08 impressions

Post by MizzouRah »

Leebo33 wrote:In before the lock!!!!!! :D
MizzouRah wrote:I love how the OL finally knows how to block and you can tell who's overmatched when it comes to the OL vs the DL.
Yeah, blocking is better but there is still suction. I was heading up the middle on a blitz for a sure QB sack but my LB got sucked into a block where I literally lost control of him and he ran into the RB instead of towards the QB that I was heading towards.

I tried interceptions at zero and it seems to help, although the one I got in my last game was brought back for a TD. I'm not sure I've played a game yet where I didn't return a pick for a TD on All American. I also wish EA would implement a fumble slider because most of my games have a lot of turnovers, which is not that bad except for a large percentage of the TOs in my game are turning into six points.

I'm really having a lot of fun though. The suction blocking and fumbles I can live with as long as I can eliminate the picks with sliders. The running game is a lot of fun!
Have you seen a TO that was reviewed and NOT overturned yet? Everything has been overturned so far in the two games I've played.

The animations have really been re-worked this year, and just the control alone of the game is worth admission price this year, imho.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

No, I think I've had only fumbles reviewed so far (maybe 4 or 5) and they were all overturned. It's funny that you mentioned that because I was going to look to see if you could turn that off in the options since it seems like a waste.

Are there new clock rules this year or does the game not handle the rules correctly? I hate the rules from last year. Did they change?

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

I've only been able to play one game so far but I had a fumble that was reviewed and reversed. The funny thing is it was my team that recovered the fumble and I scored a long touchdown off of it and got an achievement for it. So technically my fumble return for a touchdown didn't stand but I got the achievement for it.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Yeah, of the 4 reviewed fumbles I've recovered all have went back to the offense. :x

I shouldn't have started a campus legend dynasty as I thought career mode in The Show was addictive, CL mode is like crack! :)

EZSnappin
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by EZSnappin »

Leebo33 wrote:Are there new clock rules this year or does the game not handle the rules correctly? I hate the rules from last year. Did they change?
The college rules group (I don't know their official name) wisely chucked out the running clock thing from last year. The coaches universally hated it and it didn't speed up the game enough to warrant the change.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

EZSnappin wrote:
Leebo33 wrote:Are there new clock rules this year or does the game not handle the rules correctly? I hate the rules from last year. Did they change?
The college rules group (I don't know their official name) wisely chucked out the running clock thing from last year. The coaches universally hated it and it didn't speed up the game enough to warrant the change.
They did?...

GOOD....That was f***in stupid.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

This game is going to engulf my life... sheesh... CL is so much fun right now.

I have a dynasty thread going on over at FOFC. It's really easy to get pics and video into posts. Talk about getting you immersed.

SoMisss2000
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by SoMisss2000 »

fairdale king's rosters available at OS

Phototropic
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Phototropic »

Also at OS DT Linder's roster file has a PDF with player names for those of us without transfer kits.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

where is yr CL located?

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Sudz wrote:where is yr CL located?
The dynasty thread?

If so, http://fof.sportplanet.gamespy.com/foru ... hp?t=59843

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Mizzourah, how do you paste the videos into a new place? I can't seem to figure out how to do anything but look at them at the eaworld.com site.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Zeppo wrote:Mizzourah, how do you paste the videos into a new place? I can't seem to figure out how to do anything but look at them at the eaworld.com site.
You can download them off of EAsportsworld. They are flv files so you either needa an flv player or a program to convert them to quicktime or wmv files etc. for use elsewhere.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

I have had three dirty discs errors in like 8 games now of NCAA while I have had none with APF....I am thinking of getting a new disc....Anyone else have some advice.
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

WillHunting
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by WillHunting »

Zlax45 wrote:I have had three dirty discs errors in like 8 games now of NCAA while I have had none with APF....I am thinking of getting a new disc....Anyone else have some advice.
When you get the dirty disc error, is your DVD drive sound like it is killing a cow? Mine just got that way when I tried to play Madden 07. It is really scary and doing that to every other game I put in there now. I am going to exchange my Elite for another since it is still within the 90 day period (barely).
+++++++++++++++
Gamertag: The Praxis
+++++++++++++++

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

WillHunting wrote:
Zlax45 wrote:I have had three dirty discs errors in like 8 games now of NCAA while I have had none with APF....I am thinking of getting a new disc....Anyone else have some advice.
When you get the dirty disc error, is your DVD drive sound like it is killing a cow? Mine just got that way when I tried to play Madden 07. It is really scary and doing that to every other game I put in there now. I am going to exchange my Elite for another since it is still within the 90 day period (barely).
It is running fine until I get the dirty disc error.
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Zeppo wrote:Mizzourah, how do you paste the videos into a new place? I can't seem to figure out how to do anything but look at them at the eaworld.com site.
When you look at one of your videos on EAworld, there is a link to download that to your pc. I use brightcove.com to then load that video to that site and from there you can link the code in a message.

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

Mizzou - have you been able to login to the easportsworld site the last couple of days?

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Leadfoot5 wrote:Mizzou - have you been able to login to the easportsworld site the last couple of days?
I did LATE last night after not being able to for most of the early part of the night. I do see it's down for me again today. :(

It might be the coolest feature so far for me... it does say "beta" on their site, so I'm sure they will work out the bugs soon enough.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Zlax45 wrote:
WillHunting wrote:
It is running fine until I get the dirty disc error.
Its probabaly just the disc.