Racing Sim Thread, Part II

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

New rFactor mod:

2006 Champ Car World Series Mod :D

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cf ... d%20Series

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Rodster wrote:New rFactor mod:

Won't touch this one, for ethical reasons. Plus there's a built-in cheat: Just jump in Bourdais' car, and you're guaranteed to win. :)

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

pk500 wrote:
Rodster wrote:New rFactor mod:

Won't touch this one, for ethical reasons. Plus there's a built-in cheat: Just jump in Bourdais' car, and you're guaranteed to win. :)

Take care,
PK
LOL :lol:

It's time walk the talk and bury the hatchet, hey even I play IRL games. :)

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Yeah, but the owner of one of the series doesn't sign your pay check every two weeks.

Bottom line: I have zero interest in Champ Car, real or virtual.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Gurantsu
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gurantsu »

I'm snagging it now.

Too bad about PK, I was hoping to torpedo him with PT's car! Is it real or a game?!?!? :lol:
2319!

Gamertag: "Gurantsu"

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Gurantsu wrote:I'm snagging it now.

Too bad about PK, I was hoping to torpedo him with PT's car! Is it real or a game?!?!? :lol:
Then I'll just go Sam Hornish Sr. on you and kick your ass. :)

If someone who doesn't follow Champ Car praises this mod, I may give it a go. But I want to try the IndyCar mod first.

Take care,
PK

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

You may want to get this one fast before it is pulled. Something seems to be up in the IDT camp as they have been dividing and re-forming pretty frequently. They were supposed to be working on a commercial Champ Car Mod and a commercial Grand AM mod, as well as the 1998 CART mod for rFactor. I will give this mod a go, but I was much more interested in their 1998 CART mod. That was a series I was interested in, and a year that still had many of my favorites (Moore, Zanardi, Andretti, Vasser, etc.)

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I tried it and didn't like it. The cars have way too much grip and the AI is plain stupid. You constantly have an AI car driving right up your tail pipe. IDT says they will have an update shortly but for now I can't recommend it although the cars do look nice.

The best OW mod/car is ISI's BMW F1 2007 cars, the physics are great and the cars look awesome.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Ok, one thing that drives me absolutely bananas in Rfactor is when i go off track recover and put my foot on the gas and have to wait to get any sort of revs . Is this something to do with the auto clutch you think cos if its not i should be able to put my foot on the gas and have it respond instantly shouldnt i? these are race cars.
Makes it harder to get back on track , its bad enough your pissed for losing it but not being able to get back on track as soon as possible realy drives me insane.

Any one else get this ? is it a built in penalty what?
I have a DFP wheel. Can never seem to enjoy it too its max because of it , i know if i ever get time to get online with you fellas and it happens ill be going PK on it :twisted:

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Jimmydeicide wrote:Ok, one thing that drives me absolutely bananas in Rfactor is when i go off track recover and put my foot on the gas and have to wait to get any sort of revs . Is this something to do with the auto clutch you think cos if its not i should be able to put my foot on the gas and have it respond instantly shouldnt i? these are race cars.
Makes it harder to get back on track , its bad enough your pissed for losing it but not being able to get back on track as soon as possible realy drives me insane.

Any one else get this ? is it a built in penalty what?
I have a DFP wheel. Can never seem to enjoy it too its max because of it , i know if i ever get time to get online with you fellas and it happens ill be going PK on it :twisted:
It's the auto clutch...I don't have it on auto and I don't get that problem.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I really like the Formula BMW mod. I think ISI did that. An open-wheel training series with wings and slicks, about 150 horsepower. Not too tough to drive and really fun to pitch around.

I enjoyed the FBMW's in TOCA 3 and also do in rFactor.

I'm going to grab the Caterham mod, too. I LOVED those things in PGR 2 and TOCA 3, so I'm hoping the rFactor version is a gas, too.

Take care,
PK

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

So i dont need it ? or do you use a clutch ? i guess i should give it a whirl and see eh :P

GB_Simo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GB_Simo »

Jimmy, I'm using the original DF wheel and pedals so I don't have a clutch in my pedal setup - what I do is map it to a button on the wheel, which doesn't hurt me since it's not necessary to use it for shifting, and I have no issues with rejoining the track. The one thing I should point out is that my standing starts, especially with more powerful formula cars, are beyond crap, but I've no idea how much is down to my clutch setting and how much is down to revs and all the rest of it.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Jimmydeicide wrote:So i dont need it ? or do you use a clutch ? i guess i should give it a whirl and see eh :P
I use a clutch pedal on the G25. It can be rough sometimes if you are spinning and need to stop and not kill the car...but most of the time you can just get away with clutching for the start and stopping.

Gurantsu
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gurantsu »

Rodster wrote:I tried it and didn't like it. The cars have way too much grip and the AI is plain stupid. You constantly have an AI car driving right up your tail pipe. IDT says they will have an update shortly but for now I can't recommend it although the cars do look nice.
Sounds like the race they just ran in Toronto...
2319!

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Well, this makes me extremely skeptical of rFactorCentral's Hall of Fame rating system: The Champ Car mod, which was panned here by Champ Car fan Rodster, has been out for one whopping day and already is No. 15 in the RFC Hall of Fame.

Guess I won't take the RFC Hall of Fame as gospel truth anymore.

Take care,
PK

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Gurantsu wrote:
Rodster wrote:I tried it and didn't like it. The cars have way too much grip and the AI is plain stupid. You constantly have an AI car driving right up your tail pipe. IDT says they will have an update shortly but for now I can't recommend it although the cars do look nice.
Sounds like the race they just ran in Toronto...

LOL, very true. :D

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

pk500 wrote:Well, this makes me extremely skeptical of rFactorCentral's Hall of Fame rating system: The Champ Car mod, which was panned here by Champ Car fan Rodster, has been out for one whopping day and already is No. 15 in the RFC Hall of Fame.

Guess I won't take the RFC Hall of Fame as gospel truth anymore.

Take care,
PK

Yeah I agree PK. Lately they seem to have gotten very lax on their requirements for HOF status. I can see the Porsche 2005 mod, the F1 2005 mod and several others worthy of HOF but the Champ Car mod HOF, no way Jose.

Gurantsu
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gurantsu »

The Porsche Fabcar mod is HOF worthy IMO. Fast but fun and easy to drive. And I just found a #60 Michael Shank Racing paintjob in the skins section, so I'm good to go.

I was reading the comments on the Champ Car mod, and they said that the AI problem has something to do with the default setup for the track. They said you need to get a base setup for yourself and copy the file or something so that the AI use it too. That could probably solve a lot of AI problems in the game if true.
2319!

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Grant:

Thanks for the tip, man. I really wanted a good prototype mod, and I know you know Grand Am cars inside out.

I have downloaded the Fabcar mod but haven't installed it yet. I will now.

Take care,
PK

mixdj1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by mixdj1 »

Rodster wrote:Yeah I agree PK. Lately they seem to have gotten very lax on their requirements for HOF status. I can see the Porsche 2005 mod, the F1 2005 mod and several others worthy of HOF but the Champ Car mod HOF, no way Jose.
This got me curious so I did some digging. It appears the community is to blame for this mod making the Hall of Fame.
rFactorcentral.com wrote:Hall of Fame requirements: Cars and tracks with over 2000 community ratings that have an overall score of 450/500 or better at the time of their 2000th rating or greater. Addons that have an overall score of 450/500 or better at the time of their 200th rating or greater. Listing order is based on the order mods entered the Hall of Fame.
A few minutes ago the mod had a 454/500 rating with over 5000 votes. So it appears it was the community and not the rFactor Central site editors that promoted this to Hall of Fame status.

Gurantsu
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gurantsu »

I tried this mod quickly the other night, and came away impressed. It includes 4 classes of cars from the ALMS:

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cf ... %20Mans%29
2319!

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Gurantsu wrote:I tried this mod quickly the other night, and came away impressed. It includes 4 classes of cars from the ALMS:

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cf ... %20Mans%29
I'm downloading it now. I'll give it a try on the Sebring track. :)

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

Guys, one of my biggest sim racing dream came true last night. I competed in the ADC GPL average division race at Zeltweg....won the pole and finished 2nd. I led the first 11 laps of the race.....UNBELIEVABLE...and finished only 10 seconds back.

I never finished better then 9th before.

You can read the thread and see the results here:

http://forums.speedgeezers.net/index.ph ... opic=23934

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Nice job, Piggy!

Take care,
PK