Racing Sim Thread, Part II

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Re: Racing Sim Thread, Part II

Post by AcemanPR »

A 3GB patch is now out on the Xbox consoles. Sounds like the stuttering is fixed but the screen tearing still exists in some stages, but better overall.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Wilk5280 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:01 am
As for the DSP Club, I’m in and can see I’m a member, but that’s all I can do. I cant enter the club area and do anything.
Yes, that's my problem too. Not sure what's going on. You have the full version now, right? Not the trial?

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Yes, I have the full version.
GT = Wilk5280

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

In the first season of my career I just ran a couple of the stages in Portugal. Man-oh-man what a design... so fun.
GT = Wilk5280

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

Portugal is a ton of fun!!

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

The patch definitely helps with the stuttering, but I still wouldn't call this a looker by any stretch. The handling and sheer amount of content make up for it, so it's not a gripe that I have. Just pointing out that this isn't a game you'd fire up to show off the graphics.

What's everyone using for HDR settings?
GT = Wilk5280

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:46 pm
Wilk5280 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:01 am
As for the DSP Club, I’m in and can see I’m a member, but that’s all I can do. I cant enter the club area and do anything.
Yes, that's my problem too. Not sure what's going on. You have the full version now, right? Not the trial?

See if you are able to join this 6 stage rally now? Thanks!
https://racenet.com/ea_sports_wrc/clubs/2722

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Yep yep! Got in, chose my car, ran a shakedown.

Will come back to it later today and run the rally. How awesome would this have been 20 years ago when we were doing this all manually???
GT = Wilk5280

GB_Simo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GB_Simo »

Completed the rally in various stages of disrepair. Finland is a difficult country to navigate your way around when the bonnet of your Impreza obscures your view of every crest. Still more difficult when you cock up the repairs in the final service and accidentally leave 7 components broken. Still, I finished, which is more than I used to manage on DR2.0, so trending positively there at least.

I can heartily recommend the Moments challenge around Monte Carlo in the BMW M3 too. Starts off icy and gradually clears through the stage so by the end, you're on a clear road, trying to switch back into maximum attack after not daring to accelerate for the first half of the stage. Big fun.
XBox Live and PSN Gamertag: theycallhimsim

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Your times are still quite impressive.

I don’t know what I hit, but something jumped out at me early on in the long stage (can’t remember the name of it off the top of my head) and it smashed the front of the car in, causing the hood to completely obscure my visibility.

After that stage and trying my best to repair any of the damage, and there was a lot, I completely forgot to change out my tires for the final stage.

There wasn’t much time for the crew to really fix anything, so I went into that last stage with a crapton of damage to the car and worn tires. Made for a rough outing for sure lol.
GT = Wilk5280

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

As usual, Adam is stupid fast. I'll never catch him in this or any life.

I was about 30 seconds behind Wilk in the first stage, but I made a bunch of mistakes, including a spin and an off. I think I can get close.

But ... I didn't realize until late last night this rally is ending this evening. I'm going to my parents' house to watch the Bills' game with them, so I doubt I'll finish.

Next time!
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

GB_Simo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GB_Simo »

pk500 wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:24 pm
As usual, Adam is stupid fast. I'll never catch him in this or any life.
I promise you, I hit something on every stage. A couple of times, I had a spin on the long stages 1 and 4 and then, trying to avoid that mistake on the shorter second run, had a totally different spin at the same corner instead. Rounded off the rally with a puncture when I somehow crashed while driving in a straight line towards the finish, which I was particularly proud of!

It's noticeable to me that the quick stuff, the 5 and 6 calls where you're flat or almost flat at top speeds, frightens me much less here than in previous Codies releases. Approaching those sections at any kind of speed always used to feel like an accident seeking a scene, but these physics and this gamepad control give me a lot more confidence to commit. It quite often ends up in the same accident but at a faster speed, mind, but that can be worked on...
XBox Live and PSN Gamertag: theycallhimsim

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

A second patch came out for WRC and the framerate and stuttering issues continue to improve.
GT = Wilk5280

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Wilk5280 wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:15 am
A second patch came out for WRC and the framerate and stuttering issues continue to improve.
Good news. Thanks for the update, Wilk!
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

I don't typically don't do this, but I decided to double-dip and pick up EA Sports WRC for the PS5 as well as I know I'll get my money's worth. Saying that, I don't know if I'll go back to the Series X version now, just for the haptic feedback the PS5 controller provides. It really does add that much to the experience.
GT = Wilk5280

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

If you guys aren't playing Circuit Superstars on your consoles right now, you're missing out. Holy crap what a blast to play. Picked it up last night and ran a few races after watching some streamers play - and holy crap what a blast. Extremely deep, extremely interesting handling model, great race strategy, etc. Reminds me of a street/hybrid racer like Art of Rally - in the design and handling model. Check it out if you haven't already.

https://www.circuit-superstars.com/

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:07 pm
If you guys aren't playing Circuit Superstars on your consoles right now, you're missing out. Holy crap what a blast to play. Picked it up last night and ran a few races after watching some streamers play - and holy crap what a blast. Extremely deep, extremely interesting handling model, great race strategy, etc. Reminds me of a street/hybrid racer like Art of Rally - in the design and handling model. Check it out if you haven't already.

https://www.circuit-superstars.com/
Yep. Great game. A ton of fun.

But if you like Art of Rally, then RUN to buy Rush Rally Origins for $14.50. A top-down game like Art of Rally and Circuit Superstars, but it has a FAR better handling model and feel with a controller than Art of Rally. Rush Rally Origins also always has the front of the car pointing toward the top of the screen, which is a plus for me over the alternating perspectives (think Ivan Stewart's Super Off Road) of Circuit Superstars.

All three games are tons of fun to play, with their unique style touches. But if forced to choose one, my pick would be Rush Rally Origins, with ease.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

It's funny - Rush Rally Origins has been on my Nintendo Switch and my phone, but it doesn't work on my Retroid Pocket 3+ which is what I like those single car games to be played on. The racing is the differentiating factor for Circuit Superstars. Origins is good, and def more realistic than Art of Rally, so I actually emailed the developers a day or two ago about supporting the RP3+...the demo works, but I can't unlock the full game. Dumb. We'll see what they say.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

The Origins developer, Stephen, got back to me in about 6 hours and got it updated on the Play Store so I could get the full version on my RP3+. Awesome...it really is awesome on the device.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:02 am
The Origins developer, Stephen, got back to me in about 6 hours and got it updated on the Play Store so I could get the full version on my RP3+. Awesome...it really is awesome on the device.
Fantastic!

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Ran Rally Mediterraneo in WRC last night on the PS5 and what a f'ing disaster that is from a performance perspective. Framerate all over the place, screen tearing, and stuttering. I don't think I've run it on Series X to compare, but man there's a lot of work that needs to be done to optimize the game yet.

Hopefully devs are still working the issues and haven't dropped their packs after the 2 patches that came out. There's still work to do!
GT = Wilk5280

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

GT = Wilk5280

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

Looks like they will have the stuttering issues taken care of.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

AcemanPR wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:40 pm
Looks like they will have the stuttering issues taken care of.
Not really seeing a lot of improvement with the framerate and screen tearing, unfortunately. :(
GT = Wilk5280

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

The little bit I have played on the Series X has been solid, but I've read the PS5 version is still not running well at all.