Racing Sim Thread, Part II

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Racing Sim Thread, Part II

Post by pk500 »

I downloaded ACC last night. Not bad with some controller settings I found online. Fun racing experience, but I'm not sure if it's worth $30 because the game is limited to just GT3 cars on a handful of tracks.

Then again, GT3 cars are my favorite sports cars to drive, by far, so ... :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

WPatrick
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by WPatrick »

ACC feels great with the controller settings I found, I just wish the graphics were better. GT Sport & Forza 7 look far better graphically. That said, I can’t stop hot lapping I’m really enjoying it.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

WPatrick wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:39 pm
ACC feels great with the controller settings I found, I just wish the graphics were better. GT Sport & Forza 7 look far better graphically. That said, I can’t stop hot lapping I’m really enjoying it.
Can you post your settings? I'm still deciding among a bunch of solid ones I found. Will post when I zero in on my favorite. I'm REALLY enjoying the physics and tire model of ACC so far. Like you, I can't stop hot-lapping to find a few tenths here and there!

Thanks!
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

WPatrick
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by WPatrick »

Vibration intensity 80%
Dead zone 0
Speed sensitivity 65%
Steer Filter 80%
Steer speed 20%
Steer gamma 3.0
Steer assist enabled

If you find something that works better, please post it.

Man, I’m having a blast so far!

GB_Simo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GB_Simo »

These are great, Pat and PK:

Deadzone: 20%
Speed sensitivity: 35%
Steer filter: 80%
Steer speed: 50%
Steer gamma: 1.8
Steer assist: disabled

This is based entirely on driving the Lamborghini around the Nurburgring, which is all I've actually done, but since this isn't a multi-class game like Project Cars, I don't see why they wouldn't translate. Best lap time in free practice so far is a 2:00.8 - I have no idea how quick that is but it will compare in some way to the times you're running, so have it as a reference for whatever it's worth - and I can hang with the 90% AI.

I couldn't do anything like that with the default settings, which were bloody awful. Now I've got those out of the way, I've quite enjoyed the 40 minutes or so of driving I've done so far. What I haven't enjoyed, this on an XB1X, is the judder you get every so often. It's not dropping frames but every so often it looks briefly as though you've sat on a pneumatic drill, never for more than a second or so but noticeably so all the same.
XBox Live and PSN Gamertag: theycallhimsim

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Thanks, Adam. Yeah, the judder is really jarring on the OG Xbox One. But I hope to get a Series X in a month or two, so that should help.

WPatrick
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by WPatrick »

I’ll try those out, thanks.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Thanks, Pat and Adam for posting your settings. I need a hybrid of the two!

I love the corner turn-in and apex "bite" of Adam's settings. Very pointy, which suits me. But the gap between my and his skills is apparent any time I get on the power too early or the front gets squirrelly. I just can't catch the car once I start to lose it with Adam's settings.

Pat's settings aren't as pointy and dialed as Adam's, but his have a very important quality for me -- stability. I can catch the car when it starts to get squirrelly with his settings.

I'm really digging ACC. This game forces you to hit your marks better than any console racing game I've played. There are no "gamey" slides or "fixed pivot axis" physics that allow you to get away with bad driving.

ACC is merciless, in all the right ways.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

The more I play ACC, the more I dig it. One of the best driving and physics models I've experienced on a console. Definitely buying it after the free trial this weekend -- damn you, Microsoft!

But there's one problem: I've found a LOT of controller setups of various configurations that work for me. Can't decide which one I like best, and they're all pretty different on paper but feel good in my hands.

Such an odd, but welcome, phenomenon. I tried a LOT of controller setups for the original AC on console, and I thought they all sucked. With Project Cars and Project Cars 2, I settled on the best of a very mediocre lot of controller configurations for both games.

Spoiled by choice with ACC. Digging it.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

So far, this dude's settings are working best for me in ACC. But still more to try!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRLhA6z52wI

I appreciate how this cat said he took five hours to test settings before deciding on these. I can relate falling head-first into that rabbit hole!

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

pk500 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:33 pm
So far, this dude's settings are working best for me in ACC. But still more to try!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRLhA6z52wI

I appreciate how this cat said he took five hours to test settings before deciding on these. I can relate falling head-first into that rabbit hole!
Not sure I've ever been that deep in controller settings. I've been playing ACC on the PC and the Elite 2 controller, outside of turning down a bit of the sensitivity, has been great.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I bought the Season Pass last night, which includes the available GT4 DLC and the upcoming British GT DLC.

No hesitation, no f*cks given. This is a fantastic sim.

WPatrick
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by WPatrick »

I Love the way the driving model feels. The developers really did an outstanding job.

WPatrick
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by WPatrick »

I’m doing some multiplayer with GT Sport tonight. Race C at Red Bull Ring in my Super Formula Honda. I’m using my favorite livery.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Slick livery!

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

I enjoyed some time with ACC on PC during a free weekend and now you guys have me wanting to play it some more. I'm desperately slow in sports cars on iRacing so this might be what I need to scratch that itch, hopefully it hits a Steam sale again soon.
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven

WPatrick
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by WPatrick »

pk500 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:25 am
Slick livery!
For the record, all I did was download it, I have no artistic talent.

F308GTB
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by F308GTB »

Dave wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:26 am
I enjoyed some time with ACC on PC during a free weekend and now you guys have me wanting to play it some more. I'm desperately slow in sports cars on iRacing so this might be what I need to scratch that itch, hopefully it hits a Steam sale again soon.
Just wish it looked better in VR on the PC. Fantastic driving model, but the graphics are a mess in VR. I tend to gravitate to AMS2, R3E, and AC due to a better and more consistent visual quality.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

MXGP Pro on sale for $8 this week in Games with Gold weekly sale. An outstanding motocross game.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/mxgp- ... verviewtab

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

pk500 wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:28 am
MXGP Pro on sale for $8 this week in Games with Gold weekly sale. An outstanding motocross game.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/mxgp- ... verviewtab
On it, thanks for the tip.

wabash97
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by wabash97 »

PK, loooong time since I've been on here, but I was trying to get back into WRC8 (which just never clicked with me because of the twitchy XBOX handling - I can't swing a wheel in my house). Can you post those settings or send me in the right direction? Thank you

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

wabash97 wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:21 am
PK, loooong time since I've been on here, but I was trying to get back into WRC8 (which just never clicked with me because of the twitchy XBOX handling - I can't swing a wheel in my house). Can you post those settings or send me in the right direction? Thank you
Good to hear from you, man!

Ah, funny you mention WRC 8. I played it last night for about the first time in a month, and I'm still not happy with the steering settings. Less twitch throughout the steering range than default, but still too much around stick center.

I'm going to tweak to find something better. Will post if this pursuit bears fruit.

Thanks.

GB_Simo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GB_Simo »

Dave wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:26 am
Dave, looks like ACC is in a flash sale on Steam this weekend - £13.99 over here until 6pm GMT on Monday. If Google is telling me the truth, it's $15.99 in your neck of the woods and there are discounts on the DLC too if you fancy going all in with it.
XBox Live and PSN Gamertag: theycallhimsim

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

Oh, I noticed and purchased it.

Of course I also decided f it, let's try a GT3 in iRacing and instantly loved driving the Ferrari around Watkins Glen so I haven't done anything other than download ACC. But looking forward to spending time with it soon.
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven

wabash97
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by wabash97 »

PK,

Funny thing, I messed with WRC 8 again and couldn't quite find a sweet spot, so I scrolled back through this thread and picked up MXGP Pro (if I can't mountain bike in the winter this is the next best thing, sorta, right?), and it's a ton of fun. I think I had MXP 2 at one point, but it was just too easy. This seems to be in that sweet spot of challenging but rewarding.

So thanks for that recommendation :D