The Great DSP Indy 500 Ticket Giveaway

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Sudz wrote:chewed up carrot just came out my nose.

:mrgreen:
So you blew him too?
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

ExtremeGamer
Mario Mendoza

Post by ExtremeGamer »

Best sporting event I've ever seen live. Fantastic time, met PK, and my wife and I just had a blast. Thanks again PK!!!

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Glad you enjoyed it, Scott! A pleasure meeting you and your wife.

Did you wait out the long rain delay and stay for the whole race? Hope so -- it was a really interesting race with all of the weather- and accident-induced subplots.

Definitely not an ordinary "500," if there is such a thing!

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

ExtremeGamer
Mario Mendoza

Post by ExtremeGamer »

pk500 wrote:Glad you enjoyed it, Scott! A pleasure meeting you and your wife.

Did you wait out the long rain delay and stay for the whole race? Hope so -- it was a really interesting race with all of the weather- and accident-induced subplots.

Definitely not an ordinary "500," if there is such a thing!

Take care,
PK
No, we actually left right when the first rain delay happened. A guy below us had the weather on his Blackberry and it looked like it wasn't letting up. I did listen to the rest of the rain delay and then finish on XM on the drive home though. The other mistake was being exhausted, I was just burning out and ended up driving straight through to home. We wished we would have stayed when they restarted though. We were about half way up 16th street when the rain let up and I looked at Michelle and we both had that look on our faces.

Sorry we left.... still, an amazing time. I would encourage anyone to go to it, I can't believe what I've been missing my whole life. I may become a complete IRL convert now (as you know I'm more of a Champcar fan).

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Another convert -- excellent! The power, majesty and glory of the "500" will do that. As you said, it's the most electric sporting event you'll ever see live.

There are two things that occur every year on Race Day that remind me that one, I have a pulse, and two, how much I love the "500."

First, when I drive through the tunnel under the short chute between Turns 3 and 4 at 5:45 a.m. on Race Day, my hands just start banging the top of the steering wheel and I say out loud, "IT'S F*CKING RACE DAY!" Never fails.

Second, I have to bite my lip, close my eyes and rock gently back and forth to keep from losing it when the military bugler plays "Taps" a few moments before engines fire. Never fails.

As Scott and his wife now can attest, the Indianapolis 500 is one of those events that you must see live once in your life, even if you're not a racing fan. There's simply nothing else like it. I know that's a cliche, but it's true.

Again, great to meet you and Michelle, Scott! Glad you guys had a good time!

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Seeing the 500 Live was one of the greatest experiences of my life. Nothing can compare, especially from down near the wall with the cars blasting by so quickly that you feel as if your shirt is about to be ripped off.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

From ESPN PR:

For Immediate Release

May 29, 2007

Indianapolis 500 an Instant Classic; ESPN Classic to Re-Air Thursday

ESPN Classic will re-air Sunday’s dramatic Indianapolis 500 as an Instant Classic with a two-hour telecast at 4 p.m. ET Thursday.

The 91st running of the “Greatest Spectacle in Racing,” won by the popular Dario Franchitti, ranks as one of the best in the storied history of the event. It featured dramatic moments, including several lead changes throughout the rain-delayed race, which ended under caution 34 laps shy of the scheduled distance.

Among the highlights was Marco Andretti's quest to overcome last year's heartbreaking loss to Sam Hornish Jr. on the last lap. On Sunday, Andretti flipped down the backstretch near the end of the race. Other highlights included Danica Patrick's run, which put her in second place late in the race before she finished eighth, and veteran Michael Andretti telling the ESPN on ABC audience that the race would be his last Indy 500 start.

-30-

ExtremeGamer
Mario Mendoza

Post by ExtremeGamer »

Awesome!!! I DVR'ed it, but of course didn't get the end of it.

If only they'd reshow it in HD, but can't have it all.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Remember, it's only a two-hour package, so you won't see every lap of the race. But I'm still all over it, as my head was buried in a timing screen and keyboard or calling commands on the radio for most of the race!

Very excited to see this one. There was some damn good racing throughout the pack, including 23 official lead changes, with many of them coming on track and not through pit stops. The early lead swaps between TK and Helio were damn good racing.

Take care,
PK

lexbur
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by lexbur »

Will it have the super-slo-mo of Ashley Judd running in that soaking wet dress?