XB360 die-hards...Warface...

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

XB360 die-hards...Warface...

Post by Teal »

Hey, any of you guys who like a good shooter, love free, and have some space on your hard drive...I've been playing Warface since the beta test started, and it's a killer game...especially considering the price tag. Nada. Not one red cent. And the 'free to play' nonsense is tamped down so much that you won't even notice it. You can progress in the game, unlocking everything you get through microtransactions, just by grinding it out. It's more the size of CoD than Battlefield, to be sure, but there's a lot to like here. Snipers, for one thing, are actually an effective class despite the smaller maps, as each map has places for snipers to perch themselves. Each class (rifleman, medic, sniper, engineer...you know the drill) brings something necessary to the table. Teamwork isn't necessary, but IS beneficial, as some perches can only be accessed via two-man boost-ups. You can also give ammo, medics can heal and revive, all that. The MP is fast, but not too fast, but doesn't really come across as 'twitchy'.

There is Versus, and then there is Co-op. Tried co-op for the first time today, and it's a blast. The missions are fairly straightforward, and entail mostly 'point at the bad guys and shoot' stuff, but they ramp up in difficulty. We went up against a hulking mech at the end of one mission and died fairly quickly. It was there that I really saw the necessity of teamwork. There was only one real vulnerable spot, and we needed to be constantly getting the mech's attention so that another guy could put a rocket in the spot on his back.

Honestly, though...IT'S FREE, so considerations should only be limited to HDD space, and, even then, it's worth making some space. Good stuff.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: XB360 die-hards...Warface...

Post by FifaInspected »

Teal. I've downloaded it but everytime I try to play it the game freezes.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

FifaInspected wrote:Teal. I've downloaded it but everytime I try to play it the game freezes.

Hmm...I don't know what that's about. My game just went from Beta to full game, so I have had it downloaded for a month now. Dunno. All I can think of is to wipe the download and redownload. See if that fixes it. In the beta, of course, I had some hiccups like that, but it's been smooth as can be since then.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

FifaInspected wrote:Teal. I've downloaded it but everytime I try to play it the game freezes.
I tried the beta last month and it was a mess. It took forever to install updates and then I had problems connecting. When I did get into some games I found it to be an average FPS with subpar graphics. Granted its free, but I already own a good number of FPS games that are far better.

Teals post reminded me that its now post beta, so I gave it another try last night. It took over an hour to update and when I got into games they froze up. Not sure its worth anymore time when I have better shooters in my collection.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Same experience as Pete. The game was lame due to freezes and glitches, just like another free-to-play offering on XBL, World of Tanks.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Downloaded last night started it up and had a great view of the title screen with a spinning dowloading icon and that's about it.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

That's just bizarre. Not had an issue in quite some time. WoT is a waste of time, fully agree with that. But I'm just not seeing the freezes now. The beta was pretty awful in terms of hurry up and wait, loading freezes, updates, that kind of thing. But I honestly haven't had those issues since it came out of beta. Huh. And I'm not saying its the second coming or anything, but a fairly competent shooter that does a few things really well. Ah, well, just thought I'd put out a PSA. Hate it hasn't been the same experience for at least one of you...