OT: No more "opinions" from me

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

OT: No more "opinions" from me

Post by JackB1 »

I'm sure many of you will be happy to hear this.....

I have decided to go the route of most of the posters here and keep my "non-game" opinions on issues such as politics or whatever to myself. There are just too many immature posters that ruin the discussions and turn them into insult-fests. On the other hand there are many people who who know how to communicate in an intellegent and mature way and I always appreciated those folks. Whether you agree with me or not, I am entitled to my opinion, just like you are. Lots of times I have been convinced by others here and changed my opinion and to me, that's what it's all about....an exchange of ideas.

I have talked to many of the "more mature" posters here offline or through pm's and they have said that they just don't get into that off topic stuff here because it will be a waste of time and that is sad. I have always enjoyed many of the off topic current event discussions here...sometimes even more so than the game related threads. But it is getting just too frustrating when I post my opinion on something and want to hear others and it turns into a judgemental, over the top rant, peppered by insulting remarks and people just looking to make themselves feel better about themselves.

Anyway.....I said my piece. You will see far less posts from me here than you have. I will be more of a "lurker" from now on. Maybe things will change for the better down the road, but for now this is how it will be for me. I refuse to put myself "out there" anymore for people that don't respect others that have different opinions than they do and just want to hurl insults.
Last edited by JackB1 on Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigAl
Mario Mendoza

Post by BigAl »

In before the lock

-1 for calling out the maturity of posters here

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Awaiting DB response in 5...4...3...2...1...
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

Wow, you are so special that you get a farewell thread? Cue the "Dust in the Wind" song.

Jared
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jared »

Jack,

If you want to talk about the maturity of posters, let me tell you something:

Making a post announcing that you won't be making OT posts anymore, calling other posters immature without laying out any examples, speaking for the "more mature" posters here without letting them speak for themselves on the topic, and making yourself the arbiter of who are the more/less mature posters on this board is VERY immature behavior.

I'm guessing that you're upset that people ripped into you after your military recruitment (and other) threads. Listen, you have the right to state your opinion on these boards. But when you do that, other people have the right either agree, disagree, or rip into those opinions. If you (or anyone) posts your opinions, then you have to be ready for criticism, and prepared to defend yourself. If certain lines are crossed, then Scoop or I will warn and/or lock the thread. But we both give leeway in these threads, because I figure we're all adults here and can handle heated discussion. And I'm not going to over-moderate these boards to protect people's sensitivities.

Now, if anyone posting here (mature or otherwise) has any opinions about the tenor of OT threads here (too harsh, not harsh enough, more cowbell necessary), please PM me or we can discuss it in this thread.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

[thickskin]Don't take internet forums so personally Jack[/thickskin]

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

Jared,

I am sorry to create this thread, but where else was I supposed to post this? I just wanted some of the good guys on this board (and there are many) to know that I appreciated all their discussion and useful advice in the past and that I didn't appreciate the ones that "ruined" in for me. I also thought it might be a useful topic for discussion if anyone else felt the same way. I have seen "similiar" threads in the past and you didn't say anything to those peiople? I am not going to get into listing examples of "immature posts" or name names....everyone knows who those people are. You know that stuff goes on, so please don't act like it doesn't.

Jared, I know you take this a little personally, but you don't have to defend the DSP "community". I don't blame you at all. I think you SHOULD leave a lot of slack here, but unfortunately some people take advantage of it. And I am not making myself the "arbiter" of who the "immature/mature" posters are...that is why I am not naming names. It's just a personal decision. I am a very open person and I choose to say more than I need to at times and this sometimes get me into trouble. Everyone has the right to respond as they wish, but when they don't add anything of value to the discussion and choose to rip on someone instead. That turns me off to the whole place.

I have gotten so many pms in the past from people that agree with me on this, so I know I am not alone in this thinking. It's unfortunate that a few bad apples spoil the bunch, because for the most part, DSP has a great many really good guys that will bend over backwards to help out a fellow DSPer. I know there are a lot of posters out there that just don't let their true feelings out on certain things, because they don't want to deal with the backlash that might insue. I just got tired of all the judgemental, derogatory stuff that's been going on here over the past several months. I dont like feeling anyone's resent or anger towards me, so I am choosing not to comment on issues that might bring that out. I will stick to "light" topics...like games and such.

I you feel this is not worthy of a separate thread then just lock it and we will all just move on. I guess I was feeling down about the whole thing and wanted to get something off my chest. Forgive me if that was a bit self-serving. I just thought there might be some folks that might want to hear about it.

Jared wrote:Jack,

If you want to talk about the maturity of posters, let me tell you something:

Making a post announcing that you won't be making OT posts anymore, calling other posters immature without laying out any examples, speaking for the "more mature" posters here without letting them speak for themselves on the topic, and making yourself the arbiter of who are the more/less mature posters on this board is VERY immature behavior.

I'm guessing that you're upset that people ripped into you after your military recruitment (and other) threads. Listen, you have the right to state your opinion on these boards. But when you do that, other people have the right either agree, disagree, or rip into those opinions. If you (or anyone) posts your opinions, then you have to be ready for criticism, and prepared to defend yourself. If certain lines are crossed, then Scoop or I will warn and/or lock the thread. But we both give leeway in these threads, because I figure we're all adults here and can handle heated discussion. And I'm not going to over-moderate these boards to protect people's sensitivities.

Now, if anyone posting here (mature or otherwise) has any opinions about the tenor of OT threads here (too harsh, not harsh enough, more cowbell necessary), please PM me or we can discuss it in this thread.

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

8O
[url=http://sensiblecoasters.wordpress.com/][b]Sensible Coasters - A critique of sports games, reviews, gaming sites and news. Questionably Proofread![/b][/url]

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

I have gotten so many pms in the past from people that agree with me on this, so I know I am not alone in this thinking.

So that makes it a DSP consensus?
I know there are a lot of posters out there that just don't let their true feelings out on certain things, because they don't want to deal with the backlash that might insue.

Yeah, right. No way it could just be people realizing this is a public internet forum and don't feel a need to a express their opinion to a bunch of strangers when posting about sensitive or contraversial topics.
I dont like feeling anyone's resent or anger towards me, so I am choosing not to comment on issues that might bring that out. I will stick to "light" topics...like games and such.

Like this thread?
I you feel this is not worthy of a separate thread then just lock it and we will all just move on. I guess I was feeling down about the whole thing and wanted to get something off my chest. Forgive me if that was a bit self-serving. I just thought there might be some folks that might want to hear about it.
Why do you always feel the need to have all DSP'ers rally around you?

Jack, my man, I certainly have nothing personally against you, and I like gaming with you, but WTF!?!? You consistently open yourself up for direct and sometimes harsh posts with some of your topics. It's like you forget that this is a public forum. You seriously might as well have just started this thread and simply said "Can't we all just get along!?!?". You're being naive.

DSP is, and will always be made up of many different individuals who have different opinions, and way different ways of expressing them. Sometimes they are rude, sometimes they are funny, sometimes they are harsh, sometimes they are direct, sometimes they are sarcastic, etc… Why must you feel the need to make this place the epitome of writing etiquette? Let the moderators do their job and when someone posts something you don’t like, either ignore it or PM a moderator.

You’re taking this site way too personally. I know it is a really cool place and is MUCH more tight knit and has a larger sense of community than most every other forum out there (especially for 20 to 30 something males) but it is still a public place with many different backgrounds and styles. If a bunch of posters here start getting on your case about something, either inquire about it to them with an open mind or just ignore it and go about your business. What no one needs is to hear someone get up on their soapbox and declare they don’t like it here anymore. It’s not like you pay a fee to post here. Do you really just need to feel others agree with you? Seriously…what was your real intent with this thread? If enough of us chimed in and said “Hell yes Jack! I feel the same way and we need to do something!!!” would that make you feel better and then continue posting as usual?
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

Spooky wrote:
I have gotten so many pms in the past from people that agree with me on this, so I know I am not alone in this thinking.

So that makes it a DSP consensus?

>>>Did I say that? I just said I wasn't alone....that's all. I'm sure the majority disagrees with me.
I know there are a lot of posters out there that just don't let their true feelings out on certain things, because they don't want to deal with the backlash that might insue.

Yeah, right. No way it could just be people realizing this is a public internet forum and don't feel a need to a express their opinion to a bunch of strangers when posting about sensitive or contraversial topics.

>>That's exactly why I am not doing it anymore.
I dont like feeling anyone's resent or anger towards me, so I am choosing not to comment on issues that might bring that out. I will stick to "light" topics...like games and such.

Like this thread?

>>I am just making a statement for whoever wants to listen.
Why do you always feel the need to have all DSP'ers rally around you?
>> I guess I am insecure

Jack, my man, I certainly have nothing personally against you, and I like gaming with you, but WTF!?!? You consistently open yourself up for direct and sometimes harsh posts with some of your topics.
>> I agree with you 100% - Won't happen anymore.

DSP is, and will always be made up of many different individuals who have different opinions, and way different ways of expressing them. Sometimes they are rude, sometimes they are funny, sometimes they are harsh, sometimes they are direct, sometimes they are sarcastic, etc… Why must you feel the need to make this place the epitome of writing etiquette?
>> I don't. Let everyone continue as they wish. I am just staying out of the opinionated stuff.

You’re taking this site way too personally.
>>you're probably right.

I know it is a really cool place and is MUCH more tight knit and has a larger sense of community than most every other forum out there (especially for 20 to 30 something males) but it is still a public place with many different backgrounds and styles.
>>totally agree

If a bunch of posters here start getting on your case about something, either inquire about it to them with an open mind or just ignore it and go about your business. What no one needs is to hear someone get up on their soapbox and declare they don’t like it here anymore.

>> I never said I didn't "like it here anymore" and if I implied that, it's certainly not true. I just don't like when I get attacked for having an opinion. I agree with what you said earlier, when you said I open myself up to it. I just won't do that anymore. Plain and simple.

It’s not like you pay a fee to post here. Do you really just need to feel others agree with you?

>>yes, I do feel better when people agree with me. i think you will find that is true of most people...just in varying degrees. Personality flaw I guess.

Seriously…what was your real intent with this thread? If enough of us chimed in and said “Hell yes Jack! I feel the same way and we need to do something!!!” would that make you feel better and then continue posting as usual?

>>yes, it would probably make me feel better, but I seriously don't expect anything to change. I am just making a "change" on my end.
But I am not looking for "agreement" anymore.

Nothing more to see here........lets keep moving.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

I dont really mind jack's posts. The OT stuff he posts I have no trouble with. I don't take OT stuff from anyone as serious as say something in real life / non -internet. To me, some of Jacks OT posts equal the soccer posts, meaning no big deal, I don't care about them at times.

I dont mind him posting OT. I liked his baseball pitching OT post, it was very informative and will help me out in my baseball this summer.

Smurfy
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Smurfy »

Jack, even if you find yourself in a minority position don't take the reaction so personally.

Looking at the discussions of the last two weeks, I can see that there are many different people in the forums who have a variety of different perspectives on the world. Naturally, some will view the world so differently from you that what feels "obvious" to you will be "unnatural" to them and vice versa.

It takes far too much time and effort to - at a minimum - gain an appreciation of where some other people are coming from. It's not just about getting people to explore issues more deeply. It's also about taking a look at things with a wider lens than the immediate subject of discussion may suggest. Internet forums aren't always a great place for this.

Besides, some people are simply more articulate than others. That power alone can be abused, leading to a great deal of frustration on the behalf of the less articulate (but not necessarily incorrect) individual. A great deal of thought and energy has to be spent unravelling such "opponents".

Actually, viewing others as verbal opponents is the cause of much of this tension and frustration. It's no different than how people tend to compete with each other in traffic jams rather than cooperate by letting people in front of them at times.

So just accept diversity. There's no quick way to evangelize people to come to your conclusions. And if you still find it frustrating that people don't agree with you here, then consider expanding your audience to other forums. You'll be surprised that one day you come upon a group of far away people who happen to find agreement with you.

My post on your military recruiting thread was the first and hopefully second last post in an "OT" thread. I find it much more likely that I'll find something in common with others by restricting the discussion to racing games :)

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

Smurf,

I appreciate your thoughts. They make a lot of sense. But I think you are slightly misunderstanding something. I always appreciate other point of views even though I may not agree with them. I really love to hear everyones views on a variety of subjects and compare them with mine. Sometimes it forces me to take a deeper look at what I think and sometimes it only reinforces what I think. The thing that has been bothering me is the way people with similiar opposing views will "gang up" and "pile on" and make the poster (usually me) feel like crap for even bringing it up at all. So it's not the opposing or "different" viewpoints that bother me....it's the "clique-y", "gang-type" mentality that seems to have taken hold here only recently. People criticise me for seeking out approval, but to me, this type of behavior is more of the exact same thing. It's a feeling of satisfaction and belonging for the "gang" that all believes the same thing and has to virtually pat each other on the back.

But I totally can see why you have restricted your discussions to only racing games. It's too bad that we all can't be more "individuals" here
without worrying about the backlash.

Smurfy wrote:Jack, even if you find yourself in a minority position don't take the reaction so personally.

Looking at the discussions of the last two weeks, I can see that there are many different people in the forums who have a variety of different perspectives on the world. Naturally, some will view the world so differently from you that what feels "obvious" to you will be "unnatural" to them and vice versa.

It takes far too much time and effort to - at a minimum - gain an appreciation of where some other people are coming from. It's not just about getting people to explore issues more deeply. It's also about taking a look at things with a wider lens than the immediate subject of discussion may suggest. Internet forums aren't always a great place for this.

Besides, some people are simply more articulate than others. That power alone can be abused, leading to a great deal of frustration on the behalf of the less articulate (but not necessarily incorrect) individual. A great deal of thought and energy has to be spent unravelling such "opponents".

Actually, viewing others as verbal opponents is the cause of much of this tension and frustration. It's no different than how people tend to compete with each other in traffic jams rather than cooperate by letting people in front of them at times.

So just accept diversity. There's no quick way to evangelize people to come to your conclusions. And if you still find it frustrating that people don't agree with you here, then consider expanding your audience to other forums. You'll be surprised that one day you come upon a group of far away people who happen to find agreement with you.

My post on your military recruiting thread was the first and hopefully second last post in an "OT" thread. I find it much more likely that I'll find something in common with others by restricting the discussion to racing games :)

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

JackB1 wrote:But I totally can see why you have restricted your discussions to only racing games. It's too bad that we all can't be more "individuals" here without worrying about the backlash.
I've been an interested observer of this thread since the beginning and felt no need to reply until I saw the above comment.

Jack, you're painting with a pretty broad brush when you say "we" can't be more individual. Who is we? I don't think anyone else feels aggrieved like you about the military advertising thread.

You made your point, and no one agreed with you. That's the risk you run by stating an opinion. You also took on one of the most respected and honorable institutions of America, the military, so you couldn't have expected a Tupperware party of warm responses.

While DSP posters may disagree about the validity of the Iraq War, I think nearly everyone -- pro or con -- respects the hell out of the military and what it has done and continues to do for this nation, both for those who serve and all citizens. Your post and replies indicated that you don't share similar sentiments -- note I said indicated; I'm unsure if that was your intent, but it sure read that way -- and that's not an opinion that's going to win friends or influence people.

So when you step alone onto a ledge like that, you better realize there may be a mob waiting to push you. It's naive to think any other way.

That said, your initial thread in this post caused me to reread the entire military advertising thread yesterday morning to see if it really was as caustic and biting as you indicated. And I'm sorry, friend -- and I mean that term friend sincerely -- I thought that was one of the more reasoned, rational debates regarding the role of the military in American society and the world stage that I've seen at DSP in a long time.

Sure, there were a few snide remarks. That goes with the territory of a public message board, even one in a community as tight as this. But I didn't see any scrotum shots.

I can only speak for me, not the DSP community, but I sure as hell don't think potential backlash from fellow DSP brothers has sapped my individuality at this forum. Never has, hopefully never will.

As Popeye says, "I y'am who I y'am." DSP isn't going to change that, and I hope it doesn't for you.

You bring an interesting set of viewpoints to the table, man. But you must realize that some of those viewpoints drive in the left-hand lane on a very American highway, and the result sometimes is a pretty big crash. If you're willing to risk that, great, because your viewpoints are just as valid as anyone else's and have caused me to stop and revisit my opinions more than once.

Finally, take it from a moron who has made more than one ham-fisted, tearful farewell from a message board: They don't serve much purpose other than making you look like a drama queen, and you'll be back posting in OT threads sooner than you think. I hope you do. :)

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

BigAl
Mario Mendoza

Post by BigAl »

JackB1 wrote:So it's not the opposing or "different" viewpoints that bother me....it's the "clique-y", "gang-type" mentality that seems to have taken hold here only recently.

In order to avoid these gangs of mean spirited posters that come against your desire to be agreed with in all things on an internet message board, you should take the PK route, quit posting without notice, and start your own blog. When that doesn't go as planned, just come back without notice and start posting again like nothing happened.

Problem solved!

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

pk500 wrote:Finally, take it from a moron who has made more than one ham-fisted, tearful farewell from a message board: They don't serve much purpose other than making you look like a drama queen, and you'll be back posting in OT threads sooner than you think.
Yeah, we always know that when you say good night and have the cape draped over you as you walk offstage, you'll shake it off and keep singing :D

I have certainly gotten in my share of arguments, and there have been many times I've been pretty pissed about what someone has written. And while I do often reply, I can't tell you how many times I would start a particularly angry repsonse, only to catch myself and ask WTF am I doing? What good can come of this? So I'll either let it go or dial it down to a level where I can show I disagree without making things too ugly. I think we have a pretty interesting mix of personalities and beliefs, which is one of the reasons why DSP is my virtual tavern of choice.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Err less articulate or realy bad at grammar, you bastard dont single me out like that :twisted: You guys are lucky im that person , you would hear a lot more opinions from me if i could put them down on paper and it wasnt so painful for you guys to read :D
JackB1 wrote:
So it's not the opposing or "different" viewpoints that bother me....it's the "clique-y", "gang-type" mentality that seems to have taken hold here only recently.
It seems to me Jack thats what you are after sometimes , fighting for acceptance or to be part of the clique.
At least you come off that way to me.

nyisles16
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by nyisles16 »

** queues up Allen Iverson **

"we're talking about a message board, not real life... a message board"

:P

(just throwing some humor in here !)

kevinpars
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by kevinpars »

I remember the days of posts like "I am leaving this fine board" and other notable exits and re-entrances on the Sports Reviewers and High Heat boards. I'm sure I have made them myself, as well as overreacted to political posts. The dogs bark and the caravans move on.

But considering that Michael Moore's “Sicko,” has been selected to be part of the main program of this year's Cannes Film Festival, I think Jack should hold off on shutting it down just yet. I have no idea what this movie is about, but I can imagine it will make for great debate around here and I don't think the debate is something anyone would want to avoid.

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

The French giving Michael Moore a platform? Will wonders never cease! (I think this one's about the U.S. healthcare system)

Jackdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jackdog »

JackB1 wrote: But I totally can see why you have restricted your discussions to only racing games. It's too bad that we all can't be more "individuals" here
Read my signature and man the f*** up Jack. If you post an OT thread and no one agrees with it so what. Your opinion was put out there and it went over like a turd in a puchbowl. Nobody died,move the hell on. Do us all a favor and get your balls outta your wifes purse and get over it. :lol: Keep posting whatever the hell you want,but be ready for what comes with it.

This kind of pity party dosen't sit well with the asses on this forum. Trust me I know. That's why I always come back. I have know some of these dicks for over 6 years now. We have a good collection of nutjobs here and I really dig that. So in closing. Dust off whatever ass you have left and get back to posting all the OT threads you want. Even if people think your so nutty you could f*** up a wet dream. :lol: Your a member of our little community and that's a good thing IMO.

PS. I know this OT thread is coming from you soon so I'll give you some pearls. You have to take the condom out of the wrapper before you use it. :wink:

Later brother.
[img]http://www.ideaspot.net/flags/Big_10/small/mich-sm.gif[/img][img]http://www.ideaspot.net/nfl/NFC_North/small/pack1-sm.gif[/img]

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

I'm forever blowing bubbles.......

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

When I said "we", I was replying to Smurf.

All that thread was supposed to be was asking if anyone else was offended
by recruting ads at the amusement park. It didn't bother anyone, so fine.
But the thread escalated into something it wa snever intended to and I'm sure I am partially to blame. I never realized that by criticising the recruiting arm of the military, I was in a roundabout way, criticising the military as a whole. I would never do that. Yes, I am anti-war, as everyone knows, but I a pro-military, as a "peace-keeping threat" of force. I appologize to any military personel we may have on this board, as I never intended to come off that way. This is the main reason why I am not going to get into that type of "emotional" or "controversial" stuff anymore....because I all too often end up saying something that I didn't mean to in the first place and it escalates quickly and gets out of hand.

pk500 wrote: I've been an interested observer of this thread since the beginning and felt no need to reply until I saw the above comment.

Jack, you're painting with a pretty broad brush when you say "we" can't be more individual. Who is we? I don't think anyone else feels aggrieved like you about the military advertising thread.

You made your point, and no one agreed with you. That's the risk you run by stating an opinion. You also took on one of the most respected and honorable institutions of America, the military, so you couldn't have expected a Tupperware party of warm responses.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

Jack,
I felt so bad that I got that reaction out of you in that recruting thread.
I later realized that by criticising the recruitiung methods, I was indirectly criticising the military and that was not my intent. That's why I'm better off staying away from that stuff. I write stuff and then read it later and think to myself, WTF...what were you thinking. I guess my big mouth is way ahead of my small brain :D

Jack...I have known some of these "dicks..as you call them" for over 15 years now and some even over 20, going way back to the alt.sports.games newsgroups and have met many great guys who go way beyong the call of duty to help each other out or give friendly advice. I know I should just post whatever and just get over it, but that's not my makeup. When I read your last reply in that now infamous thread, I realized I am better off keeping quiet on certain topics. Seeing how I infuriated you (or at least that's how it appeared) made me recoil in disgust. Who the hell am I to judge? I can never begin to comprehend what you are currently going through and will never understand where you are coming from, but I respect it completely. Please accept my apology. It won't happen again.

JackDog wrote:
JackB1 wrote: But I totally can see why you have restricted your discussions to only racing games. It's too bad that we all can't be more "individuals" here
Read my signature and man the f*** up Jack. If you post an OT thread and no one agrees with it so what. Your opinion was put out there and it went over like a turd in a puchbowl. Nobody died,move the hell on. Do us all a favor and get your balls outta your wifes purse and get over it. :lol: Keep posting whatever the hell you want,but be ready for what comes with it.

This kind of pity party dosen't sit well with the asses on this forum. Trust me I know. That's why I always come back. I have know some of these dicks for over 6 years now. We have a good collection of nutjobs here and I really dig that. So in closing. Dust off whatever ass you have left and get back to posting all the OT threads you want. Even if people think your so nutty you could f*** up a wet dream. :lol: Your a member of our little community and that's a good thing IMO.

PS. I know this OT thread is coming from you soon so I'll give you some pearls. You have to take the condom out of the wrapper before you use it. :wink:

Later brother.

peabody
Mario Mendoza

Post by peabody »

JackB1 wrote:When I said "we", I was replying to Smurf.

All that thread was supposed to be was asking if anyone else was offended
by recruting ads at the amusement park. It didn't bother anyone, so fine.
But the thread escalated into something it wa snever intended to and I'm sure I am partially to blame. I never realized that by criticising the recruiting arm of the military, I was in a roundabout way, criticising the military as a whole. I would never do that. Yes, I am anti-war, as everyone knows, but I a pro-military, as a "peace-keeping threat" of force. I appologize to any military personel we may have on this board, as I never intended to come off that way. This is the main reason why I am not going to get into that type of "emotional" or "controversial" stuff anymore....because I all too often end up saying something that I didn't mean to in the first place and it escalates quickly and gets out of hand.

It's not so much what you said, but how you said what you said. You used words like appalling and horrible as if this was a major tragic event. A flasher running around an amusement park exposing himself to children is appalling and horrible. A sign for USCG recruiting, not so much. Then to top it off you insinuate that people who join the military join because they want to go to war. It's OK to question, but you might want to be a little more diplomatic about it. Think before you type.