2007 NBA Playoffs

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

2007 NBA Playoffs

Post by wco81 »

I'm thinking Dallas in 5 or 6 games, Suns in no more than 6, Spurs in 5 or 6, Houston in 7 if McGrady plays all the way.

Eastern Conference, don't really pay attention but I see Miami and either Detroit or Cleveland in the Conference Finals. Of those teams, only Miami is a threat to beat the Western champ if the refs give Wade kid glove treatment again. They might do it for Lebron too.

Based at least on games I've seen with the Warriors, only Miami is unbeatable, at least for the Warriors. Well the Suns and Mavs have similar composition and style. Bigger players but they also play a small lineup, running game.

Of the top rated teams, Spurs seem to be playing the best, especially if Parker continues to hit that jumper.

lexbur
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: 2007 NBA Playoffs

Post by lexbur »

wco81 wrote:Eastern Conference, don't really pay attention but I see Miami and either Detroit or Cleveland in the Conference Finals.
The way it's set up Miami would meet Detroit in the second round. So by your logic I guess that means a Miami/Cleveland Conference Final, eh?

Sounds good to me! :D

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

Raptors/Nets is going to be nuts. This is from Bill Simmons.....

Kmart, California: Raptors - Nets: Do you think any other arena is going to get as loud and angry as the Air Canada Centre, when Prince Carter steps on the floor? The city (Toronto) is in a frenzy.

SportsNation Bill Simmons: Never. In NBA history, it will have only been topped once: Game 6 of the 86 Finals, the game after Sampson attacked Jerry Sichting and the Garden crowd unleashed about as much hatred as 15,000 fans could unleash in the following game (by the way, he had deer in the headlights and finished something like 2 for 15). People of Toronto, I urge you - don't let up. The guy screwed you over. Don't let him beat you in the playoffs. You can singlehandedly affect the outcome of this series - you can break him, he's not a tough player. You are doing this for every fan base who ever got screwed over by a star athlete who went somewhere else and decided to start giving a crap again. That's your mission, now come through for us.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Lot of competitive games so far.

Barbosa saves the Suns. Odom seems okay enough, maybe could play like he did last year despite his injury.

That's got to be a better option sometimes than Bryant taking fadeaways with two defenders on him.

Nuggets-Spurs should be good.

Warriors being playoff newbies will have to show they can play with the intensity which most of the teams have shown so far.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Barbosa didn't save the Suns...they just actually hit a few shots in the 2nd. LB played the way he normally does. The Suns missed damn near every open shot in the first half and Kobe made everything. Once he ran out of gas and the Suns hit some shots, it was over. The Suns will not shoot that bad again...that was embarrassing.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Well SA took it on the chin and now the Mavs got wooped...these first round matchups definitely favor Phoenix...especially the Warriors/Mavs series since the Mavs haven't really been able to beat them in the last two years.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Dallas looked really flat tonight. Baron Davis went off. But knowing Davis, he'll probably have a letdown the next 2 games.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Woo Hoo!

It looked like the game might slip away with foul trouble with about 7-8 minutes left in the game.

Mavs just shot unusually poorly while BD carried the team -- 33 points, 14 rebounds and 8 assists!

I don't really know what to expect, both of these teams scoring under 100. Warriors are playing with found money at this point.

That's something, the #1 and #3 seed losing at home, #2 holding off their opponent.

If the Heat somehow make it in the Finals, Wade will be a handful for any Western team because they will put him on the FT line all game long.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Inuyasha wrote:Dallas looked really flat tonight. Baron Davis went off. But knowing Davis, he'll probably have a letdown the next 2 games.
He's been playing well the last 10-15 games for their playoff run. He had career highs in shooting percentage and I think steals, despite missing a lot of games to injury.

He is a streaky shooter and those 3-pointers he made showed how hot he was. But I wouldn't rely on those shots.

He used up a lot of energy though, running down those loose balls and posting up bigger players, bumping through the lane. He's also been injury prone and this kind of game doesn't help his chances to stay healthy.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Davis has played really, really well this year and definitely has given the Warriors a boost. I imagine the Mavs will come out more fired up for game 2, but they have to be nervous about this team right now.

I was pretty happy with the Bulls performance against the Heat. They definitely let the Heat back in the game, but considering Hinrich played one of the worst games of his career, they did well. I am glad they didn't trade Deng, because not only is he a terriffic player, he's a lot of fun to watch. Hopefully they win again Tuesday and put the pressure on the Heat in Miami.

ubrakto
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by ubrakto »

Brando70 wrote:I was pretty happy with the Bulls performance against the Heat. They definitely let the Heat back in the game, but considering Hinrich played one of the worst games of his career, they did well. I am glad they didn't trade Deng, because not only is he a terriffic player, he's a lot of fun to watch. Hopefully they win again Tuesday and put the pressure on the Heat in Miami.
I'm really pulling for Bulls/Pistons matchup in the second round. That ought to be fun to watch.
---Todd

johnvon314
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Post by johnvon314 »

Big games tonight for two of the top Western seeds. Can the Mavs and Spurs reestablish themselves? I find it amazing that a number eight seed can use a lineup that forces a number one seed to adjust so much, but that's what Golden State can do.

John

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Baron Davis is true to form.

After 33 points game 1, gets kicked out of game 2.

Let's see if that's gonna be it for the Warriors.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Oh well maybe Barkley is right and the Mavs win 4 straight.

He said Baron really didn't want to play so he got tossed on purpose.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Warriors proving me wrong.

Dallas looks like its not even playing the last 2 games. No hustle, nothing. Why can't they defend the 3? Dirk is a ghost so far in this series.

West setting up well for golden state in the next round.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Dallas was shooting so well the first 3 quarters, especially Howard, Terry and Stackhouse.

Warriors were in danger of falling behind by double digits but kept making scramble plays, like Baron's 3 at the half and 2 at the end of the 3rd to tie. They were lucky to stay close enough and with about 6 minutes to go, they were down 8 or 9 and it wasn't looking good.

Fortunately, we got hot in the last 5 minutes while they cooled down (although Dirk's two 3-pointers made me nervous).

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I wouldn't be pissed if the Warriors beat Dallas. Not sure who I'd rather face if I were Phoenix or San Antonio (assuming things go as planned)...the Warriors are just playing ridiculous right now.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

wco81 wrote:I'm thinking Dallas in 5 or 6 games, Suns in no more than 6, Spurs in 5 or 6, Houston in 7 if McGrady plays all the way.

Eastern Conference, don't really pay attention but I see Miami and either Detroit or Cleveland in the Conference Finals. Of those teams, only Miami is a threat to beat the Western champ if the refs give Wade kid glove treatment again. They might do it for Lebron too.

Based at least on games I've seen with the Warriors, only Miami is unbeatable, at least for the Warriors. Well the Suns and Mavs have similar composition and style. Bigger players but they also play a small lineup, running game.

Of the top rated teams, Spurs seem to be playing the best, especially if Parker continues to hit that jumper.
Good thing you didn't go to vegas with a Dallas of Miami bet....

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

greggsand wrote:
wco81 wrote:I'm thinking Dallas in 5 or 6 games, Suns in no more than 6, Spurs in 5 or 6, Houston in 7 if McGrady plays all the way.

Good thing you didn't go to vegas with a Dallas of Miami bet....
The Wco bot doesn't take into account how teams fare against others and things of that nature. It only looks and win/loss records.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

No I know the Warriors record against Dallas, Phoenix and San Antonio, not just this season but before and after the Baron Davis trade.

I thought playoff inexperience and the fact that Warriors had to depend on hot 3-point shooting and creating turnovers, often by reaching, to offset their weakness in the middle would catch up with them, despite the 16-5 record at the end of the season.

Most Warrior fans, if they're honest, didn't expect to beat Dallas, despite the matchups. I've seen every one of those games the past two years when the Warriors "owned" Dallas and a couple of them were close one or two basket games, including winning one at Dallas last year on a 3-point shot at the buzzer with Richardson spinning into a jumper.

There was also no reason to expect fair officiating either since Nowitski is the biggest star in the series. I would have been happy with competitive games and winning 1 or 2. Oh and I don't rule out Dallas winning 3 straight either.

We've had trouble with Spurs, Suns, Nuggets at times, even Houston. We've dominated the Pistons but no answer for the Heat.

But the toughest foe for the Warriors? It was the Lakers, who swept us 3 or 4 games to none.

So what does season series records tell you?

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Oh and where were your predictions before the playoff games started?

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

wco81 wrote:Oh and where were your predictions before the playoff games started?
Good point. I'm a lakers fan, basketball has been too painful to watch the last 2 months...

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Can't believe the warriors blew this game up 9 with 2 min left. Got to give Dirk some credit FINALLY with those 2 big 3's to get them back in the game. Still, the Mavs are a step behind the warriors in every aspect of the game tonight until desperation time at the end.

I wonder how this will play out in Oakland now. Usually a game should give Dallas renewed hope. But they way they are playing I am not sure. Oakland with that crowd is hard to win in. Reminds me of the old Chicago Stadium crowd.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

They squandered great shooting, especially from 3.

But in the crunch time, those 3s stopped falling and they settled for them instead of attacking the basket.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

wco81 wrote:They squandered great shooting, especially from 3.

But in the crunch time, those 3s stopped falling and they settled for them instead of attacking the basket.

Ya, why were they hurrying up the court when they were up 9? If they just hold the ball and burn the clock, they probably win.