NHL Playoffs

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Sudz wrote:linkage?
For? Spector, I assume?

Site: http://www.spectorshockey.net/

Blog: http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/Spector

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

pk500 wrote: Thanks, James. Interesting read, but Eklund has about as much credibility with hockey transactions with me as Karl Rove does with honest government. The guy was SO bad and SO far off on nearly all of his "insider" tips on Deadline Day on Rogers Sportsnet that it was comical.

Eklund is prime proof that writing a blog doesn't automatically make you a voice of authority. The guy is a stooge. Spector (Lyle Richardson) is a much more credible source of transaction information, in my opinion. Take care, PK
Yeah, I don't think he got many predictions right on trade deadline while working for Sportsnet, I just kept it on TSN that day. It's good that he keeps his identity a mistery I guess. 8)

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Patrik Elias is missing Game 1 tonight with a head cold? In the playoffs?

I can understand the flu or strep throat. But a head cold? It better be a hum-dinger, or that guy should nut up, drug up and play.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

pk500 wrote:Patrik Elias is missing Game 1 tonight with a head cold? In the playoffs?

I can understand the flu or strep throat. But a head cold? It better be a hum-dinger, or that guy should nut up, drug up and play.

Take care,
PK
it is the NHL playoffs...

dude probably has had a metal rod inserted into his spine...they NEVER say what the real injury is.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

It took two OT's to do it, but what a gutsy win for my 'Nucks last night. Everyone showed their pride, from an already thin D to the Captain M. Naslund. And this was the best I have seen on Naslund this playoffs. They were more disciplined this time, although a lot of the penalties called, left me scratching off my head but the PK unit was great. They were taking away the shooting lane from C. Pronger and forcing him to make the uneasy pass. That's one of the many keys VAN must do well in order to upset the Ducks.

We'll see how much left they have in the tank, with all these OT's, everyone must be dog tired and game three is already tomorrow. Once all the injured players are back, we can make this an interesting series if they continue to play the way they did last night.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Argh. Indoor soccer, which I love, and then late-night on a work project kept me away too much from the TV for the first time during the playoffs.

Missed the entire Sabres' game, caught the first OT of the Nucks-Ducks before falling asleep. Damn, I so much wanted to stay up for the finish, but the eyelids betrayed me.

Listened to most of the Nucks' game on NHL.com while working. I really appreciate that NHL.com streams home-team radio broadcasts for free.

Glad to see the Nucks are making this a series. I think the Rangers are toast unless they rock Buffalo at MSG tomorrow. Last night was a gutting loss. Ballsy comeback by Buffalo.

Take care,
PK

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

Speaking of big comebacks, Detorit went down 2-0 in the first five minutes today but Paveul Datsyuk of all people scored a goal at the end of the 3rd period to give them the 3-2 win.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Feanor wrote:Speaking of big comebacks, Detorit went down 2-0 in the first five minutes today but Paveul Datsyuk of all people scored a goal at the end of the 3rd period to give them the 3-2 win.
And the Octopus are back on the ice, I see...

Actually a few players can have the 'no show' sign removed from their jerseys based on this playoff. M. Turco, P. Datsyuk, J. Thronton...

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Nice to see other teams going to OT other than the Canucks :), as NJ pulls even in the series with J.Langenbrunner's breakaway. He's had some clutch goals in his career especially when he was playing for the Stars. Both goalies were great especially M. Brodeur and this series is going to be a long one folks.

Someone should just tell D. Hasek to stop handling the puck outside the crease and concentrate in stopping them instead. It almost caused his team game two.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

The Rangers - Sabers game has been quite fun to watch, going into the 2nd OT.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

MizzouRah wrote:The Rangers - Sabers game has been quite fun to watch, going into the 2nd OT.
Yep, it's been back and forth, with both goalies making key saves. J. Jagr has been hard to contain in this game and the ice has been terrible at MSG.

'Nucks-Ducks play game three tonight and with an already thin D, Canucks suffers another injury as veteran R. Fitzpatrick is doubtful. You just can't give a potent team like the Ducks all these advantages, sooner or later is going to bite us in the butt.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Really fun game to watch between Buffalo and the NYR's. Our neighbors came over with a 12-pack, two bottles of wine and munchies, so that made it even better! Kids played -- we watched pucks! :)

Justice for the Rangers. Game never should have went to OT, as the NYR's got screwed on the call that Rachunek kicked in that goal. Not a chance -- the dude turned his skate to try and stop before slamming into the goal.

Four hours of hockey on a Sunday afternoon -- that's never a bad thing. :)

Take care,
PK

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Looked like a kicked in puck to me, but you can thank Shanny for that Buffalo goal late in the game.

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

He might have not tried to kick in that goal but the refs can't judge intention. From the replay it looked like he kicked it in. Actually the move to miss the net it was made it look like he kicked it in. If somehow he would have just kept going into the net and plow into the goalie, I think they would have given the goal.
[url=http://sensiblecoasters.wordpress.com/][b]Sensible Coasters - A critique of sports games, reviews, gaming sites and news. Questionably Proofread![/b][/url]

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

The rule is clear: If the puck bounces off the player's skate without a kicking motion, it doesn't matter if his skate was sideways, soccer-style. To me, it sure looked like Rachunek simply was putting his skate sideways to stop and the puck bounced off the skate.

Moot point, anyways!

Take care,
PK

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

pk500 wrote:The rule is clear: If the puck bounces off the player's skate without a kicking motion, it doesn't matter if his skate was sideways, soccer-style. To me, it sure looked like Rachunek simply was putting his skate sideways to stop and the puck bounced off the skate.

Moot point, anyways!

Take care,
PK
Got that right!

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

J.S. Giguere was the difference tonight as he stole the show at the garage. Canucks payed the price in the 1st period where they could have been up by three goals easily. There's two dumb penalties that I hate the most: Too many men and delay of game. The latter cost us the game. Got to be more disciplined guys. One thing though, this series maybe a lot closer than what I thought.

ubrakto
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by ubrakto »

Can anyone comment on how well the Wings played in Game 2 on Saturday? (Did the Sharks just fold or did the Wings get aggressive?) We had my son's birthday party (why a 2-year old needs a birthday party, I just don't know) on Saturday afternoon and I missed the entire game.
---Todd

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

ubrakto wrote:Can anyone comment on how well the Wings played in Game 2 on Saturday? (Did the Sharks just fold or did the Wings get aggressive?) We had my son's birthday party (why a 2-year old needs a birthday party, I just don't know) on Saturday afternoon and I missed the entire game.
---Todd
If I recall well, the only gaffe that cost the Sharks the game was the beginning of the 2nd period when they were on the PP and I think it was B. Guerin that coughed up the puck which ended up in D. Cleary's SH goal and turned the momentum around. It's been a tight series, neither team is giving away much.

Sens can't seem to buy a goal so far in this game three vs NJ.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

After dominating the Devils most of the game, Sens win game three despite Brodeur's heroics as they scored in a somehow contraversial goal where M. Fisher definitely catches Marty's right foot (although unintentionally) causing Preissing's shot to sneak in past NJ's keeper.

I didn't know this but the latest stats show the winner of game three goes on the next round 69% of the time. 'Nucks better win tomorrow...

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Best game of the three game series between SJ and DET yesterday. J. Thornton was unstoppable.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Ruff is promising a grinding game tonight. I hope my workload allows me some time to watch!

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=pag ... eid=301854

Take care,
PK

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

What does it tell you about the state of offense in the NHL when two of the three Hart Trophy candidates are goaltenders?

Ugh.

Take care,
PK

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Sorry PK let's try this again. Here's the list for the NHL awards. What are your picks?

My picks are Stastny, Pahlsson, Luongo, Ruff, Lidstrom, Sakic, Crosby and Luongo respectively from the list below.

Finalists for the NHL Awards
CALDER MEMORIAL TROPHY (outstanding rookie): Evgeni Malkin, Pittsburgh Penguins; Jordan Staal, Pittsburgh Penguins; Paul Stastny, Colorado Avalanche.

FRANK J. SELKE TROPHY (outstanding defensive forward): Rod Brind\'Amour, Carolina Hurricanes; Samuel Pahlsson, Anaheim Ducks; Jay Pandolfo, New Jersey Devils.

HART MEMORIAL TROPHY (most valuable player to his team): Martin Brodeur, New Jersey Devils; Sidney Crosby, Pittsburgh Penguins; Roberto Luongo, Vancouver Canucks.

JACK ADAMS AWARD (outstanding coach): Lindy Ruff, Buffalo Sabres; Michel Therrien, Pittsburgh Penguins; Alain Vigneault, Vancouver Canucks.

JAMES NORRIS MEMORIAL TROPHY (outstanding defenseman): Nicklas Lidstrom, Detroit Red Wings; Scott Niedermayer, Anaheim Ducks; Chris Pronger, Anaheim Ducks.

LADY BYNG MEMORIAL TROPHY (sportsmanship and gentlemanly conduct): Pavel Datsyuk, Detroit Red Wings; Joe Sakic, Colorado Avalanche; Martin St. Louis, Tampa Bay Lightning.

LESTER B. PEARSON AWARD (most outstanding player as voted by fellow members of the NHLPA): Sidney Crosby, Pittsburgh Penguins; Vincent Lecavalier, Tampa Bay Lightning; Roberto Luongo, Vancouver Canucks.

VEZINA TROPHY (outstanding goaltender): Martin Brodeur, New Jersey Devils; Miikka Kiprusoff, Calgary Flames; Henrik Lundqvist, New York Rangers; Roberto Luongo, Vancouver Canucks.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Malkin, Pahlsson, Crosby, Ruff, Pronger, Sakic, Lecavalier, Luongo.

Take care,
PK