The Show "MLB 07" Thread

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Sully
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sully »

wco81 wrote:Better because it would be at 60fps?

I thought whatever made people rave about The Show had more to do with the gameplay, not graphics or framerate (which is already 60 fps IIRC)?
Yeah, I don't quite understand how 2k8 would be better if it runs at 60fps...

The Show is baseball. MLB2k7, while a huge step in the right direction, still has a lot of work to do to be mentioned in the same breath as The Show.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Sully wrote:
wco81 wrote:Better because it would be at 60fps?

I thought whatever made people rave about The Show had more to do with the gameplay, not graphics or framerate (which is already 60 fps IIRC)?
Yeah, I don't quite understand how 2k8 would be better if it runs at 60fps...

The Show is baseball. MLB2k7, while a huge step in the right direction, still has a lot of work to do to be mentioned in the same breath as The Show.
The game was quite choppy and it's obvious that it runs at 30 fps like NHL 07. Granted, it has a way to go to compete with The Show, but with the update, the game as least was manageable in the field.

GTHobbes
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GTHobbes »

I just read that Rick Ankiel got the call up from the Cards...looking forward to the next Show roster update.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

This game is just ridiculously awesome. Just finished another epic game. I played a bit more Madden and NCAA football this past weekend, and there is just no sports game as complete as MLB. I really think I can play this game until next February or March.

We'll see how NHL and NBA 2K8 make out, but this is my definitive sports game of year at this point.

Anyone still playing?

slyguy
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by slyguy »

sportdan30 wrote:This game is just ridiculously awesome. Just finished another epic game. I played a bit more Madden and NCAA football this past weekend, and there is just no sports game as complete as MLB. I really think I can play this game until next February or March.

We'll see how NHL and NBA 2K8 make out, but this is my definitive sports game of year at this point.

Anyone still playing?
I couldn't agree with you more Dan. To me this is the sports game of the year (so far)

GTHobbes
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GTHobbes »

No surprise I'm with you guys. I'd never get rid of this game before next year's version comes out, and I've never been that way with a sports game before. Still looking forward to the next roster update so I can begin a new season with Ankiel, Brendan Ryan and Pinierra bread on the Cards.

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

Co-sign. This game alone has been enough to keep me from selling my PSP. There are so many different things that can happen once the ball is put in play. I will not be selling this game until after I have '09.
-Matt

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I will admit.. this is the BEST psp game ever released.

Blublub
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Blublub »

GTHobbes wrote:Still looking forward to the next roster update so I can begin a new season with Ankiel, Brendan Ryan and Pinierra bread on the Cards.
The fact that there are weekly roster updates sometimes gets lost in the other heaps of praise. It's the icing on the cake, particularly this late in the season when you see guys show up a week after their debuts. Hats off to a company that keeps the game updated so frequently and so long after release.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Blublub wrote:
GTHobbes wrote:Still looking forward to the next roster update so I can begin a new season with Ankiel, Brendan Ryan and Pinierra bread on the Cards.
The fact that there are weekly roster updates sometimes gets lost in the other heaps of praise. It's the icing on the cake, particularly this late in the season when you see guys show up a week after their debuts. Hats off to a company that keeps the game updated so frequently and so long after release.
That alone keeps this gaming feeling fresh and new.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

How about some online play?

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

I'd love to give this game a whirl online. James tried connecting with me last week, but Sony's online messaging is pretty weak so I thought it was from a previous day.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

sportdan30 wrote:I'd love to give this game a whirl online. James tried connecting with me last week, but Sony's online messaging is pretty weak so I thought it was from a previous day.
Yeah, I tried you last week, things should be better I hear for online games with the update that Sony came up with a month ago or so.

GTHobbes
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GTHobbes »

New official roster update is up...

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

GTHobbes wrote:New official roster update is up...
Sweet! Thanks for the heads up.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Ugh. I'm dragging this morning. I was up until 11:45 playing this game. I'm going to go through withdrawl as I have to get to bed early tonight and tomorrow we're drivng to Chicago.

This game is like a drug.

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

What a perfect time to pour some negative sauce on MLB '07! Minor gripe, career mode only. I made a 2nd baseman, to increase my chances of becoming a Mets starter. Fielding is SO BORING. They never let you be the one to turn a double play, which would be about as good as it would get, I suppose. 95% of the time it's just, field the ground ball, throw to first, sometimes second to try and get two. I thought maybe there was a way to play only the at-bats in career, but either there isn't or I had to choose that at the start. Anyone know?

I do love the ups and downs of hitting with one player for the entire season. I go through stretches where I lose discipline, employ a bad approach, and just have trouble 'seeing' the ball. Then there are times when I know they can't get anything past me.

Sully
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sully »

There's another patch out to fix the online traffic delay problems. Only this time it works.

I played a game earlier that had some hints of lag, but we completed the game. It's the first time I've been able to complete a online game.

Jackdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jackdog »

sportdan30 wrote:
You guys mind posting a link?

I am a PS3 owner as of today and I just got"The Show". My old ass is now next gen. :wink:
[img]http://www.ideaspot.net/flags/Big_10/small/mich-sm.gif[/img][img]http://www.ideaspot.net/nfl/NFC_North/small/pack1-sm.gif[/img]

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

JackDog wrote:
sportdan30 wrote:

I am a PS3 owner as of today and I just got"The Show". My old ass is now next gen. :wink:
Jack you get the rosters online when you connect to Sports Connect from within the game. You'll get a message asking if you want to download the latest rosters. If you select yes it will download it to your machine.

Jackdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jackdog »

Rodster wrote:
JackDog wrote:
sportdan30 wrote: Sweet! Thanks for the heads up.

Jack you get the rosters online when you connect to Sports Connect from within the game. You'll get a message asking if you want to download the latest rosters. If you select yes it will download it to your machine.
Great! Thanks brother.
[img]http://www.ideaspot.net/flags/Big_10/small/mich-sm.gif[/img][img]http://www.ideaspot.net/nfl/NFC_North/small/pack1-sm.gif[/img]

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Jack,

Also, you can view all the different slider sets people have posted online. With a couple button presses, you can download the sliders of your choice. I've recognized a few people from OS who have posted theirs.

Welcome aboard Jack! Looking forward to hearing what you think of the game and the system.

Jackdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jackdog »

sportdan30 wrote:Jack,

Also, you can view all the different slider sets people have posted online. With a couple button presses, you can download the sliders of your choice. I've recognized a few people from OS who have posted theirs.

Welcome aboard Jack! Looking forward to hearing what you think of the game and the system.
Thanks brother!!! So far after one night I am really happy with the PS3 and The Show. It took me a few games to get MVP out of my system. That being said I am hooked. With the power of the PS3 and the fact it's a Sony game and not a port. I can't wait to see what we get with this series in the next couple of years.

I woke up this morning and couldn't wait to play a few games. I haven't felt that way in a while. All the impressions of the game in this thread are on point. Enough of this,I gotta go play!! :lol:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

One of the most addicting features of the game is R.T.T.S. which is basically the career mode. It so good I haven't messed with anything else in the game.

Sport73
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sport73 »

There's no doubt this is the finest baseball game, and arguably the finest sports game of any kind ever created.

EXCEPT. The online play is absolutely unforgivable. Yet another mark against the PS3 is that even with the latest patch I can't play an online game. It's simply too laggy on my 6Mbps down/1.5Mpbs up connection. Online play isn't the sort of thing we should still be figuring out - it's supposed to be about enhancing it and expanding it now...

A great game that BEGS to be played online, but ultimately can't. Here's hoping for next year.
Sport73

"Can't we all just get along? I'll turn this car around RIGHT now!"