Winning Eleven: Pro Evolution Soccer 2007

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Winning Eleven: Pro Evolution Soccer 2007

Post by Feanor »

I searched and couldn't find a thread for this game, so I'd thought I'd start one. It's going to be released one week from now and I plan on getting the PS2 version since Konami aren't releasing it for the original Xbox.

I found a nice list of all the moves in the game here:

PES 2007 Tricks and Skills
Last edited by Feanor on Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Bottom of the front page...there's been some talk:

http://www.digitalsportspage.com/module ... ic&t=11399

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

Oh well, just let this one die then.

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

F that, don't ignore this one. I want this thread separate from the 360 thread as I am only interested in the PS2 version.

Post the Ps2 impressions here.

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

Alright, once I get the PS2 version I'll talk about it in here. :)

Unfortunately, I think the 360 thread is going to be full of (justified) complaints about all the features Konami stripped out of it.

Gamecocks625
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Gamecocks625 »

I've been picking up each Winning Eleven release every since it came to the US as WE6. I'm definitely excited about WE:PES 2007 for the PS2. I heard there is going to be a sweet option file for it over at pesfan that includes all the transfers. I'm hoping there will be a MLS file as well.
The only thing that bothers me about the PS2 version is the horrid grass textures on most of the fields. I can only play in 2 or so stadiums.

mobiggins
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by mobiggins »

I'll be going online with the PS2 version, most likely, so if any of you gents are interested in a kickabout, let's get together on this thread when the game comes out.

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

I'm hoping to get WE:PES 2007 at Best Buy since I have a gift card I want to use up, but they don't have it listed on the site yet.

They sold WE8I and WE 9, though, so hopefully it'll be in the store on Wednesday.

rubba19
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by rubba19 »

Is the PC version like the PS2, playability wise? I have WE8I for the PC, and like it.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Yeh , pc versions are usualy the same as current gen versions.

I think the only oddball is next gen go figure. Better graphics less content.

Gamecocks625
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Gamecocks625 »

Feanor wrote:I'm hoping to get WE:PES 2007 at Best Buy since I have a gift card I want to use up, but they don't have it listed on the site yet.

They sold WE8I and WE 9, though, so hopefully it'll be in the store on Wednesday.
Feanor, I'm in the same camp as you. I have a BestBuy giftcard waiting to be unloaded on this game. I visited my local BestBuy the other week and asked someone when they were getting the game. He looked it up on the system, and it showed the 13th as the release date. So, for us BestBuy-ers we may have to wait an extra week. Maybe it's because they do not sell well at BestBuy? Who knows.

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

Thanks for the info. I would wait a week if I had to since I've had this gift card since November.

Here's a video showing different shooting moves in the game. It's made by the same guy who did the Tricks & Skills guide I linked to in the first post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-5aUoXVOuM
Last edited by Feanor on Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sully
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sully »

Great vid. With the 360 version being a ripoff, I think I'm going to pick up the PS2 version to play on my PS3.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Sully wrote:Great vid. With the 360 version being a ripoff, I think I'm going to pick up the PS2 version to play on my PS3.
So with the latest firmware upgrade any PS2 title is compatible with the PS3? If so, I'll be doing the same thing.

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

I checked here and all the old Winning Eleven games work. They don't have WE:PES 2007 listed yet, but I'd be shocked if there were any problems with it.

http://www.us.playstation.com/Support/CompatibleStatus

Sully
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sully »

My understanding is that all future releases for the PS2 will be BC on the PS3.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Do we know if the actual gameplay is the same on 360/ps2 ?

if the gameplay is different i will pickup both versions if not then its ps2 version only.
I was under the impression the 360 gameplay was different.

Blublub
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Blublub »

Jimmy, create an XBox Live Silver account with a fake Euro address and download the demo to see for yourself. It plays a lot different from the PS2 versions. You'd have to be the judge of whether it's good or bad different.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Ive done that Blub but without the Ps2 version being released yet i cant do a comparison test.

But your right i guess if i just buy the ps2 version first i will know how different it is to the demo at least.

But then traditionally WE has been slightly tweaked from pro evo so it could throw another spanner in the works oh the dilemma.

Blublub
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Blublub »

Yeah, that's true - I was basing my comparison on the Japanese WE 10 for PS2. The 360 version's other failings notwithstanding, it certainly is nice to finally be able to play in widescreen and see animated linesmen.

I'm picking it up and hoping that it's at least good for multiplayer. It will be painful, though, to have to play with all the fake team and player names.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

I pre-ordered the PSP version and will pick it up this week. I've got some trips coming up this spring, including one overseas, so it just makes more sense for me. I'd like to find a deal on the 360 version and also hear some multiplayer impressions before purchasing. I really don't want to spend $90 on two flawed soccer games.

Gamecocks625
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Gamecocks625 »

If someone picks the game up at BestBuy, post here. It is still not listed on their website. A guy I talked to at BB said that it will likely get there on the 13th. However, if it comes out this week at BB, let us know.

EDIT: I just called to confirm with BestBuy. They are getting it on the 13th. However, they are only getting a few in. Winning Eleven is no "Halo" or "Madden", so people aren't going to be lined up at the doors, but my store said it will only get 4 next Tuesday.
Last edited by Gamecocks625 on Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

I don't know if I am going to get this yet for the 360.
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

It just sounds like another straight port from the Pal version. It's disappointing to know that the Edit option is still missing, along with the lack of leagues and online options. Considering what IGN wrote, that's a rather generous score. Like I said earlier, thank goodness the gameplay remains the same but along with presentation, better licensing, edit options and commentary, Konami has to do a better job next time.

I'll probably get the PS2 version and play it on my PS3.