Is anyone still playing Fifa07?

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Is anyone still playing Fifa07?

Post by fanatic »

I managed to get a bit of time in with the demo, and I have to say it's pretty entertaining stuff. Beautiful animations and presentation..not to mention a nice sense of space on the pitch with some good action to boot.

What I'm wondering is how the final version differs from the demo and if you guys think it's a viable competitor to the WE series yet. I've played the PE6 demo and thought it was quite good- but I have to admit, it's not so good that I'm not doing my shopping carefully.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Fifa 07 has made some forward strides and I still have the footie game although I haven't played it lately favouring the current shooter games.
The ball physics has improved dramatically but it's the lack of AI from your own teammates that's driving me nuts in this game. They don't show the team concept that this game demands and often you're on your own trying to control the ball that the CPU is hunger to steal from you.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

I will sell you mine for $45 shipped if you are interested. I can mail it tomorrow. If you don't like it you could turn around and sell it again and be out nothing. It plays exactly like the demo and I played it quite a bit, but it can't find time in the rotation anymore with the basketball and football games in heavy rotation and other games I play with my oldest son. Plus, I do think WE is still better and I only need one soccer game.

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

Thanks for the impressions guys...

I will PM you Leebo if I decide to take you up on that offer. Thanks though.

10spro...Yeah, I've been noticing the same thing. The AI just doesn't seem as aware as I'd like them to be. It's a fun game no doubt...but like Leebo said- I think there's only room for one footy game in my rotation.

I never imagined the 360 marketplace would be such a huge piece of enjoyment when I picked the console up just recently. These demos are invaluable.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

I picked this up yesterday and as of right now it's my favorite Xbox sports game by far and away. Gameplay is silky smooth, the game is gorgeous although the stadiums aren't as well done as I thought they would be. I love the gameplay and most importantly it's insanely fun. All my other 360 games are currently sitting as I get into Fifa at this point.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

I only play this infrequently in multiplayer now (XBL or same console), single player loses its appeal very quickly.

Blublub
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Blublub »

I was hopeful based on the demo, but it went back on the shelf quicker than any title in recent memory when it turned out to be pretty much the same FIFA crap, only without all the sides. If for some reason Leebo decides not to sell his mine is certainly available.

dave360
Mario Mendoza

Post by dave360 »

I'm still enjoying it as a "gotta have some HD soccer while waiting for WE PES to come out over here" game. I think if they tighten up the AI and Defense, it will be a good game. I just really wish they had included the Scottish Premier League.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

I saw this game was on sale for 30 bucks and was considering picking it up or going with WE for 360. I am not a big soccer guy so does fifa play more arcadey than we? I probably would perfer a more arcadey soccer title.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

I just sold mine on ebay and netted $40. Since I didn't buy it at full price in the first place I don't feel cheated, but I think I would have if I would have paid $63.60. It took me about 30-40 games to where the flaws annoyed me enough to want to play something else. Almost all my gripes are on offense. The AI of your teammates is just ridiculous at times and your teammates will periodically run away from the ball as if it is a bomb. It's as if players have a very strict zone to play and the AI will not let them deviate even if the ball is real close. Also, although I didn't find a "money" goal, there is a certain strategy that works much more than it should and much better than any other way IMO.

It's good that EA is trying to improve the series, but I think they still have a long way to go.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

To each his own but I think it plays pretty good. I haven't played it enough to find all of it's shortcomings but the bottom line to me is that the game is fun. Fifa is making major strides though..no doubt about it.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

The fact that the ball is not attached to your controlled player is already an improvement from EA, yet the looseness of this year's control factor is due to the poor team AI concept that is so important in this sport. When you get pressured on the ball it's obvious that a teammate should run to your aide yet there's no one around making the CPU to steal the ball from you. Easily, and that's on single play.

The fun factor starts on multiplayer, yes they have more room for improvement but at least they are heading the right way. I have kept mine for the leagues games.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

10spro wrote:The fact that the ball is not attached to your controlled player is already an improvement from EA, yet the looseness of this year's control factor is due to the poor team AI concept that is so important in this sport. When you get pressured on the ball it's obvious that a teammate should run to your aide yet there's no one around making the CPU to steal the ball from you. Easily, and that's on single play.

The fun factor starts on multiplayer, yes they have more room for improvement but at least they are heading the right way. I have kept mine for the leagues games.
Does DSP have a league going? Are you playing in an online league?
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Tim, I don't think there was a DSP league going here as most people prefer WE9, but you can add me to your list if you want a game one of these days.