PS3 Impressions Yes Another One....

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

jcalvert
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by jcalvert »

Has anyone had success getting Remote Play (via Internet) to work correctly?
jcalvert
www.calvertgames.com

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

jcalvert wrote:Has anyone had success getting Remote Play (via Internet) to work correctly?
Hi there Mr. Calvert!

Hope you're doing well.

I haven't tried it since the new firmware update but it has worked for me previously - I streamed some music on my PS3 HD to my PSP via a net connection. I did have a problem with turning the PS3 off once however (it gave an error message on my PSP).

jcalvert
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by jcalvert »

Macca00 wrote:Hi there Mr. Calvert!

Hope you're doing well.

I haven't tried it since the new firmware update but it has worked for me previously - I streamed some music on my PS3 HD to my PSP via a net connection. I did have a problem with turning the PS3 off once however (it gave an error message on my PSP).
Hi Macca! Doing fine and dandy, thank you very much!

I am as frustrated as can be trying to get Remote Play to work over the internet. I can get it to work fine (including turning on/off) via private network, but no dice via the internet. Must have a router problem.

I did not see any Remote Play topics around here, but the Remote Play articles on my site get a lot of hits. It is obvious that I am not the only one having problems, but I am about at the end of my rope. Not sure what to try next short of buying a new router.
jcalvert
www.calvertgames.com

jLp vAkEr0
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jLp vAkEr0 »

Danimal wrote:I had to replace my first one because of a bad Blu Ray but after the Xbox fiasco I went the Best Buy route.

Sucks to hear your having an issue, what does Sony want to charge you for a repair?
Great. Seems like I'm gonna have the exact same problem.

My BR can't read anything.

I was playing The Show last night and suddenly the sound went dead. I tried to save the game and then the screen went black. I restarted the system and now it doesn't read PS3 games, Ps2 games, DVDs nor CD's...

Un-f***in-believable.

jLp vAkEr0
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jLp vAkEr0 »

Called Sony last night and they want to charge me $150.

I don't know if I'd be better served buying a new unit or getting it repaired by Sony. $150 seems like a steep price, but $400 ain't no cookie.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I wouldn't pay Sony 5 cents for using a crappy BR player If your technically inclined you can fix it yourself for $60.

http://store.richspsxparts.com/pl3lake.html

Expect more BR drive failures in the future. At least Microsoft maned up to the RROD. ;)

jLp vAkEr0
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jLp vAkEr0 »

Rodster wrote: Expect more BR drive failures in the future. At least Microsoft maned up to the RROD. ;)
Rodster,

I decided to give another call to Sony to express how disappointed I was that Sony hasn't acknowledge that there are obvious problems with PS3 BR drives and that it wasn't fair of them trying to charge me $150 when there are hundreds (maybe thousands) with the same issue. The representative was very receptive to what I had to say but he told me that he couldn't do anything except to transfer me to a supervisor. After 5 minutes holding the guy comes back and tells me that the supervisor has agreed to offer me in warranty service free of charge.

I of course thanked him and explained to him that I wasn't trying to be a weasel about it, I had a legitimate concern and the representative agreed.

Not bad, uh?

The thing is, it OBVIOUS that a ton of PS3 BR drives are starting to crap all over, when is Sony going to take the same stance Microsoft did?

Anyways, I'm happy.

:D

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I'm glad things worked out for you. I think the number is much higher than in the thousands. ;)

jcalvert
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by jcalvert »

jLp vAkEr0 wrote:The thing is, it OBVIOUS that a ton of PS3 BR drives are starting to crap all over, when is Sony going to take the same stance Microsoft did?
I have not read anything about bad Blu-ray drives; have not tried to search since mine works fine. Is this problem related to a specific PS3 model, or is it specific to all Blu-ray drives (PS3 or stand alone players)?
jcalvert
www.calvertgames.com

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

jcalvert wrote:
jLp vAkEr0 wrote:The thing is, it OBVIOUS that a ton of PS3 BR drives are starting to crap all over, when is Sony going to take the same stance Microsoft did?
I have not read anything about bad Blu-ray drives; have not tried to search since mine works fine. Is this problem related to a specific PS3 model, or is it specific to all Blu-ray drives (PS3 or stand alone players)?
BR drive failures are a problem that's spread across all PS3 models. It's not as big a problem as the RROD but BR drives do have their share of problems. All you need to do is go on the official Sony Playstation forums and you will see for yourself the problem is there and it's obvious.

jLp vAkEr0
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jLp vAkEr0 »

jcalvert wrote:
I had no idea about this until my drive failed and started researching on line.

Apparently all you have to do is replace the BR lense and you can find sony replacements all over the net.

I just though it wasn't fair that I had to pay when it looks like it wasn't a random failure but a situation a lot of PS3 are starting to have.

A fellow co-worker had the exact same issue with his and he has a 40gb system which is manufactured on April 2008. A ton of stories on forums with the same problems.

jLp vAkEr0
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jLp vAkEr0 »

Uncharted trophy patch is up.

slyguy
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by slyguy »

jLp vAkEr0 wrote:Uncharted trophy patch is up.
Nice, and i don't have this game anymore. Anyway it was/is a very very good game even if it was a little on the short side

jLp vAkEr0
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jLp vAkEr0 »

Well my PS3's coffin just arrived. Hope the turnaround isn't too long.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

jLp vAkEr0 wrote:Well my PS3's coffin just arrived. Hope the turnaround isn't too long.
Do you have a BC PS3? I'm curious did they promise to return a BC unit if that is the case?
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

jLp vAkEr0
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jLp vAkEr0 »

Danimal wrote:
jLp vAkEr0 wrote:Well my PS3's coffin just arrived. Hope the turnaround isn't too long.
Do you have a BC PS3? I'm curious did they promise to return a BC unit if that is the case?
Yeah, 60gb.

From what I've read, most of the people who have had my same situation (damaged BR drive) get back the same unit with the drive replaced.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I don't know if it's the weather, but the fan of my PS3 60GB certainly makes more noise than I can recall after playing longer than 45 minutes. Hope is nothing serious.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

10spro wrote:I don't know if it's the weather, but the fan of my PS3 60GB certainly makes more noise than I can recall after playing longer than 45 minutes. Hope is nothing serious.
That sounds normal to me. The warmer the weather the louder the fans get.

jcalvert
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by jcalvert »

jLp vAkEr0 wrote:Uncharted trophy patch is up.
Good news! I never made it that far into Uncharted, because I picked it up about the same time MLB was released. MLB won most of my time.
jcalvert
www.calvertgames.com

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

i am going to sell my 360. 3 RRODs. It won't connect to XBL now. f*** msn. so glad i got a PS3. may not have a pretty dashboard...but it works!

jLp vAkEr0
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jLp vAkEr0 »

Danimal wrote:
Well. whatever they are sending me back will arrive today via UPS.

It was sent from Mexico so I'm pretty sure is gonna be a refurb unit.

Too bad, but considering I was out of warranty I can't really complain.

Anyways, can't wait to get home at hook it up. I have some SERIOUS MLB The Show withdrawals... :lol:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Let us know how the condition of your PS3 looks like. I've some of the refurbed units look somewhat beat up with scratches and massive fingerprints.

jLp vAkEr0
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jLp vAkEr0 »

Rodster wrote:Let us know how the condition of your PS3 looks like. I've some of the refurbed units look somewhat beat up with scratches and massive fingerprints.
UPS screwed up the delivery. :x

Should be receiving it today.

jLp vAkEr0
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by jLp vAkEr0 »

jLp vAkEr0 wrote:
Rodster wrote:Let us know how the condition of your PS3 looks like. I've some of the refurbed units look somewhat beat up with scratches and massive fingerprints.
UPS screwed up the delivery. :x

Should be receiving it today.
Well I'm happy to report that I received my old PS3 repaired.

No scratches, a couple of smudges but nothing terrible. Seems like it was handled with care.

It's working perfectly as of now. Came with a 90 day warranty.

And in all, I can't complain.