MLB 2K7

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

kicko
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by kicko »

go into difficulty and hit the right trigger, say NO, hit it again, say NO, hit it again, say NO... total of 3 times

then any change you make will save.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

how the f*** do i save a game in progress?

Theo
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Theo »

Go to options then save game.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Theo wrote:Go to options then save game.
thanks.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Anyone know of a way to get CPU to wear alt-jeresy's in Franchise Games??

snaz16
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by snaz16 »

greggsand wrote:Anyone know of a way to get CPU to wear alt-jeresy's in Franchise Games??
Not that I'm aware of...and that frustates the crap out of me :roll:

Hopefully they address that also when the "rumored" patch comes out. :wink:

macsomjrr
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by macsomjrr »

greggsand wrote:Anyone know of a way to get CPU to wear alt-jeresy's in Franchise Games??
I've never seen the cpu wear alternates ever... I think they should add the st. patty's day green for the b-sox too.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

I was thinking that turning off CPU trades and turning on-force trades would allow me to force trades on other teams (to match real life trades), but sadly, I only lets me force my own trades(during my franchise). I'm not missing something right?

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

greggsand wrote:I was thinking that turning off CPU trades and turning on-force trades would allow me to force trades on other teams (to match real life trades), but sadly, I only lets me force my own trades(during my franchise). I'm not missing something right?
You are correct. Lame, I know.

kicko
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by kicko »

also lame but you could control all the teams and only play the games you like, that way you can fix all the lineups and trades. I might only because i like to play some different match ups during the season

TheGamer
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by TheGamer »

greggsand wrote:I was thinking that turning off CPU trades and turning on-force trades would allow me to force trades on other teams (to match real life trades), but sadly, I only lets me force my own trades(during my franchise). I'm not missing something right?
its a long way around, but you could always trade the players to your team and then trade them where they are supposed to be.
XBL gamertag:SecondACR Vet
PSN: BHoward1
http://community.2ksports.com/community ... id=1010465
http://twitter.com/ BradHowardSr

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

Brinkman fielded some questions about 2K7 and 2K8, written up by IGN:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/778/778491p1.html

Somehow, nothing of substance gets answered (or apparently asked). Surprise.

kicko
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by kicko »

I read that ... still sounds like they just didnt have enough time to do what they wanted(surprise) As it is now i am pretty happy with the game, i have tweaked the s*** out of it and get fairly respectable game. I'm enjoying it. I would be happy with a roster fix patch and maybe anything that could cause a freeze or franchise glitch, i'm not holding my breath.

How many years did EA push triple play and then decide to change into MVP which took 3 years to perfect.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Brinkman sounds like a stand up guy who loves baseball. But if they wanted real feedback they wouldn't have held this Q&A with "gaming journalists" and brought in fans who are passionate about the sport instead.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

I don't know... there's something pretty disingenuous about hyping the game up in the months before release, disappearing, and then resurfacing to say "the fielding sucks" once everyone's spent their money on it. Granted, even before release he did a fine dance between raising expections and touting the "first year of a three year plan" business, but I still sort of hate him.

I'm also frustrated that no one in that Q&A brought up the most basic disfunctions of the season/franchise with regards to players returning from injury and CPU lineup management, or that no one mentioned the bizarre homerun/robbed-homerun festival that 2K7 turned out to be. I suppose he could always reply with one word... sliders... but there seems to be some basic problem with how difficulty and play-balancing is managed over at 2K, at least to my eyes.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Slumberland wrote:I suppose he could always reply with one word... sliders... but there seems to be some basic problem with how difficulty and play-balancing is managed over at 2K, at least to my eyes.
I'm with ya. That balance has basically ruined the game for me. I was sick of all the homers, or no homers...all of the doubles, no doubles. It doesn't matter, there just isn't a happy medium in any facet of the game really. I'm back to MLB 07 on the PSP and PS2.

Sport73
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sport73 »

Slumberland wrote:I don't know... there's something pretty disingenuous about hyping the game up in the months before release, disappearing, and then resurfacing to say "the fielding sucks" once everyone's spent their money on it. Granted, even before release he did a fine dance between raising expections and touting the "first year of a three year plan" business, but I still sort of hate him.

I'm also frustrated that no one in that Q&A brought up the most basic disfunctions of the season/franchise with regards to players returning from injury and CPU lineup management, or that no one mentioned the bizarre homerun/robbed-homerun festival that 2K7 turned out to be. I suppose he could always reply with one word... sliders... but there seems to be some basic problem with how difficulty and play-balancing is managed over at 2K, at least to my eyes.
I disagree. Brinkman has shown that he truly cares about turning out a great game, and admitted that this year was just the beginning of a 're-building' process. The game is still selling; OPENING DAY was this week. So, it takes a strong guy to stand up and say "It's not perfect", rather than carrying on with the usual hype while the game is still in its 'active' phase. We all know the fielding was flawed; I'm glad to hear 2k knows it too. I'm very encouraged with the course the game is taking (I think it's already a SOLID title, and I've been playing the crap out of it), and I have confidence that this team is going to make next year's game a true revelation.
Sport73

"Can't we all just get along? I'll turn this car around RIGHT now!"

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

I want to believe! But I don't believe. Because Brinkman's idea of what's wrong with the game is different than mine, apparently. I don't think the fielding is much of a problem, especially once you get used to it. What bothers me are the man hours needed to tune the game so you can get somewhat believable box scores, and that you have to turn off game features like injuries and rudimentary CPU roster management in order to face believable CPU lineups over the course of a season.

b_assassin
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by b_assassin »

Since my 360 is busted I went ahead and downloaded the PS3 demo of MLB2k7 this weekend. I don't know if it is indicative of the final game's quality, but my goodness the visuals on the PS3 are significantly worse than the 360. Jaggies, consistently poor framerate (its uneven on the 360 too) and muddy textures all over the place are the most obvious issues.

Gameplay feels largely the same as the 360 version, but I was pretty surprised how poorly the PS3 looks in comparison. I'd imagine the visuals will get better over time, but if you have a choice by platform, the 360 is winning in the visuals department by a wide margin on MLB 2k7.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

b_assassin wrote:Gameplay feels largely the same as the 360 version, but I was pretty surprised how poorly the PS3 looks in comparison. I'd imagine the visuals will get better over time, but if you have a choice by platform, the 360 is winning in the visuals department by a wide margin on MLB 2k7.
I'm sure that's because they had two years for the 360 version as opposed to one year on the PS3. I'm sure it'll even out next year.

Blublub
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Blublub »

Yeah, some stuff in 2k7 sucks, but we'll let you buy "The Bigs":

"Gamers will be able to create their own player, giving them various "attitude" features like tattoos, American flag bats and other uniform altering details."

Yup, that's what I want to hear. Geezus.

I'm with Slumber - nothing like rubbing salt in the wound by having the developer reappear after we've all plunked down our money and highlight all the problems that will be fixed in the next (paying) release. Not a word about whether we'll ever see that mythical patch for 2k7. Thank god for The Show.

kicko
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by kicko »

I agree with all that. As every year with a 2k game you must spend pre-season(tweakfest 2k) to get things to a point where you want them, yes it sucks but i found a spot where i enjoy game. All i would like to see in a patch is a playoff freeze fix, have the cpu not touch rosters, beyond that i can play the game pretty much issue free

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Well I was ready to give up on MLB2K7 but just had a great 3 game series with the Pirates against the Cardinals today.

Game one was scoreless until I finally got a run in the top of the 11th and held on for a 1-0 win. Game two went to the Cardinals 3-1 with all runs scored in the first two innings. Games three I was down 4-3 going into the 8th inning when I scored a run to tie it and then went ahead by a run in the 9th and then in the bottom of the 9th the Cardinals start off the inning off with a single so I bring in my closer and end up getting Jim Edmonds to strike out and then Scott Rolen hits into a game ending double play.

Really fun games when the score stays close in pitchers duels without a lot of homers being hit in the games.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

vader29 wrote:Well I was ready to give up on MLB2K7 but just had a great 3 game series with the Pirates against the Cardinals today.
With some slider tweaks and zone pitching I can get decent gameplay, but the overall package leaves me wanting more compared to The Show on PSP. The Show *is* baseball and the entire package represents its sport better than any other game IMO (others may be close but lack in presentation, licensing, or both). I can only imagine how good the PS3 version is.

I've lost all hope for the 2K series. I think the engine is pretty much sh*t compared to The Show. The gap is so far they will never be able to catch up. It will take a *lot* of enhancements just to make 2K playable. If it was easy to fix the fielding and pitching camera angles they would have done it last year. They could spend an entire year just fixing the animations or fielding. The commentary is so bad it makes me want to pull my hair out. I mean, even on the PSP with the Show I'm getting meaningful commentary related to the players and game. In MLB I'm hearing f*cking discussion about a "can of corn."

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

Great post, Leebo, you nailed how I feel. MLB 2k7 was frustrating but do-able after the initial shine wore off, but after getting The Show on PSP completely turned my opinion around and I sold 2k7 immediately.

I really don't understand what 2K's "The Bigs" is aiming for since their main franchise is, at least without huge slider tweaks, a complete homer-fest.