OT: The NBA 06-07 Season Thread

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

LOL...I was trying to figure out the significance of a damn pumpkin. Didn't think there was one. MC Ren would have worked.

spooky157
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by spooky157 »

Looks like AI is heading to Denver? Just in time to replace another 30+ PPG scorer...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2702501

reeche
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by reeche »

Nuggets would be an interesting team if that trade happens...On paper that squad looks pretty impressive...Of course it's never about a squad just looking good on paper.

I'm not really a George Karl fan as a coach however. I forsee issues between him an Iverson.
http://www.whas11.com/sharedcontent/VideoPlayer/videoPlayer.php?vidId=49293&catId=49
---Lend a ***** a pencil--- Context?

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

Kazuya wrote:
Feanor wrote:Karl's tirade against Thomas was classic.
Classically stupid... Karl is known to be as big an asshole as Thomas.
He's also know to be a much better coach.

reeche
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by reeche »

Feanor wrote:
Kazuya wrote:
Not sure Milwaukee Bucks fans would agree. :D
http://www.whas11.com/sharedcontent/VideoPlayer/videoPlayer.php?vidId=49293&catId=49

EZSnappin
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by EZSnappin »

Feanor wrote:
Kazuya wrote:
Whoopi Goldberg, with what she learned on the set of "Eddie", would be a better coach than Zeke. That bar is way low.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Damn...now that means the Suns might have to face Iverson on the Nuggets instead of Melo tomorrow night. That would be interesting.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

15 in a row baby...a franchise record.

Kruza
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by Kruza »

Yeah, the Suns are hot (no pun intended). They can possibly get to 20 if they can beat a stiff test in the Mavericks next week.

By the way, I don't think AI will be playing tonight for the Nuggets since there are no reports on him taking and passing his physical yet. I could be wrong though. It just doesn't seem likely.

Kruza

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Well his agent said it wasn't very likely...but who knows. I'm not worried about the Nuggets with or without AI and Melo. They aren't THAT good, and certainly not contenders like that dumbass Kiki Vandewegh said (sp???).

Kruza
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by Kruza »

Heh, Kiki is just being a Nuggets homer. Always has been and always will be.

At any rate, I have my concerns on how well AI and Melo will be able to play together, and also on how happy they really will be knowing that neither guy will be able to take 25-30 shots in a game. Doesn't seem like a good mix to me, but we'll see.

Kruza

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

All the trade really does is strengthen the western conference even more. Not like the 76ers were any good or anything, but taking one of the best players out of the conference and sticking him in the west sure doesn't help the mediocre east very much when it comes to the strength of the conferences.

reeche
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by reeche »

dbdynsty25 wrote:All the trade really does is strengthen the western conference even more.
The Western Conference All-Star selections are going to be brutal. Some good players are going to be boned.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

reeche wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:All the trade really does is strengthen the western conference even more.
The Western Conference All-Star selections are going to be brutal. Some good players are going to be boned.
If the Suns don't have the best record, you can bet Marion will be snubbed...which is a damn travesty.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Classic quote from Steve Nash about the punch Carmelo Anthony threw at Mardy Collins:

“Typical NBA punch,” Nash said. “In hockey, your own team would beat you up for that.”

Spoken like a true Canadian! :)

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Yeah...that was hilarious when he said that.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Melo is still a legend in Syracuse after "the punch," but he's not a god anymore.

I don't think Syracusans are embarrassed because he fought; we're more ashamed at the b*tchslap-and-run that he considers a stand-up fight. :)

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I really feel sorry for Bulls fans. The Comcast annoucers and in studio broadcast team are absolutely HORRIBLE. Holy crap that game was painful to watch. Hopefully I get the Suns broadcast next time they play on the NBA Season Pass. I really do feel for you...to have to listen to those guys all year.

Oh yeah...and hellova shot by Leandro.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:I really feel sorry for Bulls fans. The Comcast annoucers and in studio broadcast team are absolutely HORRIBLE. Holy crap that game was painful to watch. Hopefully I get the Suns broadcast next time they play on the NBA Season Pass. I really do feel for you...to have to listen to those guys all year.

Oh yeah...and hellova shot by Leandro.
They are homers to the nth degree, and poor ol' Johnny Red Kerr sounds like he doesn't know where he is half the time.

Huge choke by the Bulls/great comeback by the Suns. For some idiotic reason they tried to run and gun with a 12 point lead in the 3rd quarter, which played right into the Suns hands.

lexbur
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by lexbur »

Man, what a night LeBron had last night in Boston! He beat the buzzer at the half with an amazing back-to-the-basket tip-in, he beat the buzzer at the end of the third quarter by dropping it in from 83 feet, then he made two HUGE free throws at the end of the game.

First time all season the Cavs won the second game of a back-to-back on the road. The standings say they're tied for first, but they should put an asterisk next to the teams in the East who haven't done their west coast swing yet, which the Cavs start next week. Seven games in two weeks out there, OUCH!!!

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

It's pretty badass to get to see the "inside" workings of the Phoenix Suns...including practice (watched Sarver, the owner, offer up 5 grand to the winner of a Jalen Rose/Amare Stoudemire one on one match...Jalen won), interviews, the locker room, their play room and of course a video of them going out to their game against the Heat last Friday. Of course meeting Amare, Matrix and Diaw didn't hurt either...along with the front office staff, Mark West, Alvin Gentry, Aaron Nelson and David Griffin. Yeah, it was a good weekend.

Amare from my vantage point at the practice facility.

Amare with the after practice obligations:

The locker room:

The players lounge (yes, I asked David Griffin, the VP of player development, why they only had Xbox and PS2, lol, he said he'd look into it):

And of course...GAMETIME. I guess it doesn't suck to give the entire team "five" before they go out and beat the sh*t out of the Heat (without their entire starting roster, but still). If you listen at the end of the video...that is Mike D'Antoni's wife telling me to wash my hands because two of the guys have the flu...f'n awesome. Gotta love digicams that can make videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlzPGrVExew

lexbur
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by lexbur »

stalker

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

Great photos.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Very cool, DB. LOL at the comment about the XBox and PS2.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Is that really the best the east has to offer (at least by record)? Cleveland is a disaster and there is no way those guys can hang with the top 3 in the West. Nash had a hellova game. How does your best player score 4 points and you still win by 19? Well, he dishes out 21 assists. LOL.