GRAW League

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

GRAW League

Post by Danimal »

I wanted to float an idea by some of the GRAW players. Steakfest and I were tossing around the idea of creating a GRAW league and website. The website would be fully automated to register your teams, report scores, check standing etc.

It would be 4 man teams, There would be different play types and scoring, schedule with matches, player & Team rankings, player reporting to weed out the jerks etc. We are still tossing around specific details.

I'm just wondering if there would be interest for thi type of thing from the people who play here regularly.

Appreciate any feedback you have.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

nyisles16
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by nyisles16 »

sign me up... question is - would we play other 4 man "random" groups, or would it be against other DSP teams...

mixdj1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by mixdj1 »

I'd be interested. Would the teams be randomly assigned from a pool of participants or would we create our own teams?

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

I'd be interested. Sounds like a pretty cool idea.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

mixdj1 wrote:I'd be interested. Would the teams be randomly assigned from a pool of participants or would we create our own teams?
That is one of the ideas we are tossing around. Should we make the seasons kind of short (maybe 4 weeks worth of matches) and then individually rate players and put them in pools (A - D for example) and the randomly draw teams that way. Or should we let people assemble their own teams, problem is I could see a team of yourself, Slumber and a few other good players kicking ass each week and then people getting frustarted. What would you prefer?

Anyway it is an excellent question and one of the reasons I wanted to get feedback and gauge interest.
Follow Me on:

mixdj1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by mixdj1 »

Danimal wrote:That is one of the ideas we are tossing around. Should we make the seasons kind of short (maybe 4 weeks worth of matches) and then individually rate players and put them in pools (A - D for example) and the randomly draw teams that way. Or should we let people assemble their own teams, problem is I could see a team of yourself, Slumber and a few other good players kicking ass each week and then people getting frustarted. What would you prefer?
I would suggest either random teams or once we have the list of participants then choose captains and have a draft. But I'm OK with whatever the decision is as long as I have someone to shoot at. :twisted:

nyisles16
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by nyisles16 »

i know i am baaad at this game... so, give me a D+ rating :)

Gurantsu
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gurantsu »

nyisles16 wrote:i know i am baaad at this game... so, give me a D+ rating :)
But can't we edit your sliders to make you better?
2319!

Gamertag: "Gurantsu"

nyisles16
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by nyisles16 »

lol... i need a big gun with huge aim to help.. :lol:

Millennium
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Millennium »

I'd be down for this...

hoosier4974
Mario Mendoza

Post by hoosier4974 »

I'm new around here, but I'm a regular over at OP Sports. Some of these guys on DSP know who I am and what type of GRAW player I am.

Anyways, I'd be down for some GRAW league play :D

Metman24
Mario Mendoza

Post by Metman24 »

This sounds really interesting. I haven't played this game in multiplayer much, but I'd love ot give a try.
It's you're, not your!!....Thank you.
XBL Tag; Richkid24

hoosier4974
Mario Mendoza

Post by hoosier4974 »

Metman24 wrote:This sounds really interesting. I haven't played this game in multiplayer much, but I'd love ot give a try.
Hey Metman, add me to your friends list. I have a network of friends (DSP guys and OpSports guys) that play GRAW online regularly. I'll shoot you an invite sometime if I see you online.

hoosier4974
Mario Mendoza

Post by hoosier4974 »

Nyisles, I bet we can recruit all of the "GRAW Regulars" from OS for this to. I'm thinking that most of them would be interested.

nyisles16
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by nyisles16 »

hoosier4974 wrote:Nyisles, I bet we can recruit all of the "GRAW Regulars" from OS for this to. I'm thinking that most of them would be interested.
probably.. i know something was tried like this over there but I think way too many people joined & games ended up not played... i'm sure though those in the GRAW NCAA league definitely would be in

hoosier4974
Mario Mendoza

Post by hoosier4974 »

nyisles16 wrote:
hoosier4974 wrote:Nyisles, I bet we can recruit all of the "GRAW Regulars" from OS for this to. I'm thinking that most of them would be interested.
probably.. i know something was tried like this over there but I think way too many people joined & games ended up not played... i'm sure though those in the GRAW NCAA league definitely would be in
Yeah, I was a part of the initial league setup. It pretty much fell apart because of the server drops issue.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

We're going to throw up a quick website this afternoon with probably just a contact form for now to get the ball rolling. I plan at some point posting about this at OS, just not sure where GRAW is talked about over there.

But I'll be blunt, we will limit initial players. I know and play with a bunch of OS guys, but I want to make sure initially this is a manageable size.
Follow Me on:

nyisles16
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by nyisles16 »

understandable..

Boltman
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Boltman »

You know I'd be in as well. I am sure we can get most of our "Regulars" in this as well.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Had some issues with the DNS guys, should have it resolved and a singup form soon. Tomorrow the latest.

Currently the plan is to play a few rounds of singles matches to seed people into A - D pools and then randomly draw the teams from the pool. We will try to take into account time zone etc when doing teams.

Also we plan on making tuesday nights a set league night, but also allowing matches to occur any other night. It's just nice to have that set night.

anyway more later when we get this up. Also I'm going to try and get a game started tomorrow night as well.
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Just letting you know that we are still working on this. I need my buddy to do all the back end stuff in terms of creating the databsae for the sign in forms, admin tools for quickly assigning players to teams, generating standings etc.

He is in the process of moving into a new house, so his free time has been non-exsistent. But we are working on it.

You can go here and see the site http://www.grawl.net It is not going to win any desing awards, but neither of us our desingers. :D

Only section up is the Mpas section.

I'll bumpo this thread once all the systems are in place.
Follow Me on: