OT: Addiction to a new series

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

FloridaGators
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

OT: Addiction to a new series

Post by FloridaGators »

Whats up guys,

First off good to be posting here again. havent checked in in a while beings I have been absolutely addicted to online poker and thats been my life for like the last 2 years. That being said, even though I do NOT have the passion for videogames like I used to I still think this would be a good place to post this question regarding popular TV genres, as you guys have had some good thoughts in the past.

I have just got done watching season 4 of 24 (I have watched the last 4 seasons on DVD in the last couple months) and have become addicted to the show. Basically I have season 5 preordered for december, when it hits stores.

So from now I am looking for a dramatic TV drama to hook me like 24 did. I am preferably looking for something that is an ongoing story (not just a single problem that is solved in a single episode).

I tried reading up on a few shows on Amazon.com but it was filled with spoilers and I didn't want to read too close.

My list right now consists of Lost,Band of Brothers, The Sopranos,The Wire(really interested in this one),nip/tuck,Rescue Me,Deadwoods, and The Shield.

If anybody has any comments on any of these shows I would be very interested or any others, obviously.

Airdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Airdog »

Hey FG, long time. With fletch back in the mix, we just need Droog to make an appearance.

I'd recommend Lost. A major benefit for yourself is that you won't have to go through the frustrations of repeats. Season One is out on DVD, and number two comes out in early September, or you can just acquire them from an internet source.

I've watched Band of Brothers (the mini-series, is it a TV show now?) and it was phenomenal as well.
- Rob
PSN: smearobe

FloridaGators
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by FloridaGators »

thanks for the tip, air.

I am assuming Band of Brothers grows a story relating to World War II so that is good. I am not a fan of shows like CSI (though really good and entertaining) that deals with a crime and is solved within an hour. 24 has really got me looking for a show where each episode builds up more subplots and drama and it finally wraps up at the end of the season.

Kazuya
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Kazuya »

You've replaced videogames with... online poker?? I certainly hope you are getting compensated well for such antics...
"Whatever, I don't know why you even play yourself to that degree,
you laugh at me?" - Del

"Said the whisper to the secret..." - King's X

WillHunting
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by WillHunting »

I love Band of Brothers. I try to rewatch it every year or so.

Deadwood is awesome, very funny, but I have only watched the first season, I need to get season 2.

My wife loves Six Feet Under, it is pretty funny and what a messed up family... We just need to get the final (5th season).

Right now, we are watching Rome and Carnivale. Carnivale is alittle slow, but it is really really creepy! If you like mystical/magic type of subject matter set in the early 1900's, this is an awesome show.

I hear good things about Entourage, so I will netflix that too at some point.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

LOST

season 2 will be out SOON on dvd

six feet under

FloridaGators
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by FloridaGators »

Kazuya wrote:You've replaced videogames with... online poker?? I certainly hope you are getting compensated well for such antics...
I started out with $20 and turned it into 10k. Now that I have a large bankroll I am planning on having a big few months here and hopefuly making another large financial jump.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

FloridaGators wrote:
Kazuya wrote:You've replaced videogames with... online poker?? I certainly hope you are getting compensated well for such antics...
I started out with $20 and turned it into 10k. Now that I have a large bankroll I am planning on having a big few months here and hopefuly making another large financial jump.
wow.

good job.

there was athread about online poker a few weeks ago..sure guys would like to know more about where u play

Kazuya
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Kazuya »

FloridaGators wrote:
Excellent work... if you play offline at all, be careful. I know here in the Big D, they are cracking down left and right on the rooms. My sister is a pretty big-time player, and she keeps seeing her friends being hauled away in cuffs on the news...
you laugh at me?" - Del

FloridaGators
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by FloridaGators »

I play on pokerstars and partypoker playing $1/2 NL and occasionally $2/4 NL if the games are good. I usually 3-6 table.

If you want to improve at poker go to the forums at www.twoplustwo.com.

Its ridiculous how much you improve playing there and reading threads. Post some hands you struggle with and the guys there will tell you how to improve. It has turned me into a fish into a winning player.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Entourage...

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Entourage...
agreed!

MUTTS
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by MUTTS »

love entourage.....and lately ive been sticking around for lucky louie as the juvenile humor makes me laugh

billharris44
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by billharris44 »

Kazuya, I know nothing about poker except the basic rules and how popular it's gotten. What kind of games do you have to get into to be considered a "big-time" player in Dallas?

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

I'd say Lost or Battlestar Galactica.

Six feet Under was also amazing.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I second Lost and BG.

I also would tell you to try the 4400, a sci-fi series running on USA. Season 1 7 2 both on DVD were only like 10 episdoes. Season 3 currently running was picked up for 20+ episodes. IMO, one ofthe better and lesser known shows on TV.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Kazuya
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Kazuya »

billharris44 wrote:Kazuya, I know nothing about poker except the basic rules and how popular it's gotten. What kind of games do you have to get into to be considered a "big-time" player in Dallas?
I guess play the games with the big money at the tables... :wink: I seriously don't know much about it, but I would imagine it's all about connections. These games are kinda kept "within the loop", although like I said apparently the cops are now in that loop. I know she and her friends have done well in the weekly Poker tournament held by the upscale gentleman's club "The Lodge", and of course the expected Bossier City and Winstar action. I know that the private games are managed by websites and stuff, maybe under the guise of being friendly or tournament style games. I really don't ask too many questions, since the only poker I care about is being able to play perfect 5 hand double bonus using no more than 2 sec per hand... :)
you laugh at me?" - Del

Kanamit
Mario Mendoza

Post by Kanamit »

The Shield, I think it is the best show on TV
Xbox Live Gamertag: kanamit