Basketball games and available moves

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

matthewk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by matthewk »

The past couple of days I´ve gone back to ID2003, playing a few exhibition games. One thing I´ve noticed is that I don´t seem to be able to pull off many different moves.
<BR>
<BR>It has a juke-like move, a spin, and.....and...that´s about it. In the post I can back down and spin around the defender, and that´s about it.
<BR>
<BR>I´ve heard Live has the hop-step, or whatever the hell you call it, and freestyle. Does Live allow for a wider array of moves? Maybe I´m just rusty at ID and have forgotten all that you can do.
<BR>
<BR>I guess I was just expecting to be able to do more. Any help here?
<BR>
<BR>-Matt
-Matt

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

ESPN and NBA both have a lot more moves than ID...that is one thing I wasn´t too fond of with ID and it might hurt it when it´s released this year as well. It just doesn´t seem like you have a lot at your disposal as compared to the competition.

TrojanMan
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by TrojanMan »

I like the idea of limiting the number of special moves. It keeps cheesers from calling Iso on every play and just stringing together a bunch of moves trying to get to the hoop uncontested. It forces you to play ball - pass it around and try to create opportunities the right way.

fossen
Mario Mendoza

Post by fossen »

<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
<BR>On 2003-11-06 19:17, TrojanMan wrote:
<BR>I like the idea of limiting the number of special moves. It keeps cheesers from calling Iso on every play and just stringing together a bunch of moves trying to get to the hoop uncontested. It forces you to play ball - pass it around and try to create opportunities the right way.
<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End -->
<BR>
<BR>Although I understand what you´re saying ... isn´t that NBA basketball? If it´s trying to sim NBA (as opposed to NCAA or Euro) basketball, it should be about pulling moves designed to get to the rack uncontested.
<BR>
<BR>There are only a handful of teams that pass for the open jumper - many more simply drive to the hole, since so one seems to be able to shoot anymore.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

How do the moves in these games compare to what´s in NBA Street?
<BR>
<BR>Are the controls as responsive? As consistent?