So what is everyone playing lately?

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

So what is everyone playing lately?

Post by webdanzer »

Been a while since we've had one of these, and I think we're spread out over a few different platforms here lately. (I know I am, at least!)

In rough order for me:

MLB The Show -PS2
Battlefield 2 - 360
Guitar Hero -PS2
Lego Star Wars - Xbox
Top Spin 2 - 360
Ski Racing 2006 - PC
Rumble Roses - 360
Bode Miller Alpine Skiing -PS2
Tomb Raider Legend - 360
TOCA 3 - Xbox

Very strange for me to see the PS2 back in heavy action like this, and I'm certainly glad I'm not console monogamous at this point!
Last edited by webdanzer on Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

Battlefield, Battlefield, Battlefield.

I do try and get through games of The Show from time to time, but I still can't completely shake the whole outfielder thing with balls zipping through my fielders, so I've been known to shut it off out of frustration. When it's all working right, though, it's magical. I've had a lot more luck with the PSP version, playing on the train, but I do miss a lot of presentation touches from the PS2 version.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Rugby 06 -- Xbox
Rugby 06 -- Xbox
Rugby 06 -- Xbox
TOCA 3 on DSP XBL Poker Nights -- Xbox
The occasional Winning Eleven 9 game offline -- Xbox

Otherwise, it's Rugby 06. Did I already mention that? :) I've played through every cup, league and tournament in the game and now have started a World League franchise. I think I'm going to start another Super 14 league, too.

Rugby 06 has gripped me by the balls unlike any team sports game I can remember for a long, long time. If Rugby 07 is online, then I may become an XBL hermit. :)

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Gamecocks625
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Gamecocks625 »

Winning Eleven 9 - PS2

Socom 3 - PS2 (I was late to the party, but when a friend of mine got this game we really started to have fun with this one)

2006 FIFA World Cup - PS2 (It has it's ups and downs)

NCAA Football 06 - PS2 (I hate the game actually, but I fire it up when I'm in the mood for a bit of practice mode)

mixdj1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by mixdj1 »

In order:

Oblivion - 360 (Over 60 hours in and I've only completed 2 of the main quests 8O )
Battlefield 2 - 360
Blazing Angels - 360
Diablo 2 - On my aging PC (when the wife is using the 360 for Zuma)

Anxiously awaiting MotoGP 2006 - 360

Oblivion has really owned my 360 since it came out. I'm almost as addicted to it as I was WoW last summer. The only thing that's spent near that amount of time running on my 360 is Zuma which my wife plays all the time. She kicks some serious butt at that game.

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

MVP 05 - XBox
Rugby 06 - XBox
ToCA 3 - XBox
Zoo Keeper - DS
Tetris DS
Brain Age - DS
True Swing Golf - DS

Absolutely love playing in quick 15-30 minute bursts on the DS.
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

Between studying for a test that's coming up in June, enjoying the great outdoors, and starting to lift again, I haven't played much lately. When I do it's been all over the place:

WE9 PSP - in the mood for soccer now
MLB 06 The Show (PSP/PS2) - just bought the PS2 version
NBA 2K6 X360 - play a game or two a week in my association
Madden 06 X360 - need a football fix with the draft approaching
Fight Night 3 X360 - working slowly through a career
Oblivion X360 - haven't played in a couple weeks
Top Spin 2 X360 - haven't played since I lost in the tourney

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

MLB The Show - PS2
Tourist Trophy - PS2
WE 9 - XBox
Toca 3 - XBox
MLB2K6 -XBox

bdunn13
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdunn13 »

BF2 has consumed all of my gaming time as of late... even to the point I have not played WoW hardly at all lately

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

bdunn13 wrote:BF2 has consumed all of my gaming time as of late... even to the point I have not played WoW hardly at all lately
And the proof is in your climb up the end-game leaderboards...

:)

Badgun
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Badgun »

Battlefield 2 Modern Combat (360)
Burnout Revenge (360) These two games are what Xbox Live was made for. Absolutely my favorite two Xbox Live games ever.

Also playing:

Oblivion (360)
MLB 2006 The Show (PS2)
MLB 2006 The Show (PSP)
Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS2)
Dragonquest VIII (PS2)
Tomb Raider (360)

I think I'm going to break NBA2K6 back out for the 360 as well.

ddtrane
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by ddtrane »

Winning Eleven offline, no thought about going online with these vicious 2 star skills. Move up to 3 and am getting my boots smoked. Whats the secret with all you 3 star players?

Also playing some NHL 2K6 on 360 with the playoffs being in full swing. :D
gamertag: ddtrane65

Sully
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sully »

BF 2 - Xbox 360
NHL2K6 - Xbox 360
GRAW - Xbox 360
MLB '06: The Show - PS2

I'll mix in a little Top Spin 2 for the 360 and some WE9.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Let's see:

BF2:MC; I think I have begun to 'get it.' Really enjoying this the more I play it, but I have to stop joining BDunn in his games, they are always the 'vote for next map' games which means you only see two maps. Would LOVE to try some clan matches and watch us get destroyed.

Oclivion; haven't played it much in a while, as I'm afraid to boot it up. Once I do, I can't leave it for a long time, it's so damn good.

WE9; all the time. ML (had to start fresh on the 360, just through the first x-fer period and trying to shed the default lam-oes as fast as I can), online with the Brazil Challenge (ask Rob V.) and of course the excellent DSP league.

ToCA3; pretty much online only at this stage, though I try to chip away at the remaining chmpionships I've left to unlock. Sometimes I even get on in random online races. Sometimes it's excellent, sometimes I quit very quickly.

SW:BF2; not as much as I would if I could find a big, lag-free room more consistently.

SC:CT; online only. OK that's wishful thinking :lol: . I'd like to be playing this.

Top Spin 2; I haven't played it much recently, but it is so good online. I'll be playing this one bit by bit all summer.

Blazing Angels; I haven't played much campaign mode, but online with friends this thing is awesome! Fshguy and Mix and I had a killer session last week, just the three of us doing campaign missions co-op. Great stuff!
Last edited by Zeppo on Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Top Spin 2 (360) - Looking forward to starting a career with my created player. This is a fantastic game to pick up and play for either 20 minutes or 2 hours.

Fight Night Round 3 (360) - Yeah, career mode could have been deeper but I'm just enjoying the heck out of this game. I tell myself I'm only going to box one fight, and I end up boxing a half of dozen.

Burnout Revenge (360) - Ok, it's not a significant leap from the Xbox to 360, but damn it sure looks perty. Love playing it in HD widescreen. The collisions look awesome, the sense of speed is even faster than the Xbox, and I'm having a blast playing OFFLINE. Can't wait to take it online! This is the perfect arcade game for me. Another great title to play in 30 minute increments.

Zuma - I haven't played this game in a while, but it's not because I'm bored with it. Quite the contrary. It's because I simply can't stop playing it once I start! Two hours go by in the blink of an eye.

Demos - I still am playing the Tiger Woods demo, Tomb Raider demo, Amped 3 demo, and am looking forward to playing the single player demo of GR:AW, Kameo, and look forward to more demos not yet released.

UNO, Pac-Man, Galaga, Paperboy, Root Beer Tapper - I'll be playing all of these hopefully soon.

Might be picking up WE:9 to play on the 360 soon. Rental at least.

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

Zeppo wrote:
BF2:MC; I think I have begun to 'get it.' Really enjoying this the more I play it, but I have to stop joining BDunn in his games, they are always the 'vote for next map' games which means you only see two maps. Would LOVE to try some clan matches and watch us get destroyed.
I only go into those vote rooms when I come on late and see a few of you guys already there. Otherwise, I'm always in 'all maps' servers. I'll search for ranked games there first, but then go unranked rather than play in vote rooms. I find the quality of the opponent to be better in such servers as well. (Not quality as in skill; quality of 'less likely to be a doofus.)

So follow me around. ;)

As far as clan games go, yeah, I was seeing about calling for our first clan match next week. I wanted to give people enough time to become familiar with the game, and I know some of you have only just got into it.

I was also kind of hoping they might get the communication patch out. Sometimes voice works for me fine, but sometimes it doesn't. I haven't really been in many games where the whole side cooperated as a team, but I see the potential that this game offers in that regard: Snipers in key positions, vehicle patrols, coordinated strike teams of assault and spec ops supported by the 'support' class...

Gurantsu
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gurantsu »

#1 - Acid Music Studio (PC) - Thanks Spooky for getting me into recording again, you (*$&$^(!!!!! :D I've got 8 songs up on Acidplanet now, and more on the way, plus will be collaberating on some too. That web site has really turned me on to what I liked about making music to begin with, and I've spent many a night lately in the basment playing around with my music. Even finally picked up that Variax guitar I always wanted...

#2 - MLB 06 The Show (PSP) - This has become my required activity when I hop into bed but can't quite get to sleep yet. Makes for a great excuse to say I was tired and thats why my batting averages are horrible.

#3 - MLB 2K6 (360) - Even with the sometimes head-pounding frustration with the fielding, I know there is a good game in there somewhere. I've chucked all sliders I was using and am starting from scratch tweaking the second highest level to try to get it playable for me. My last 2 games were actually enjoyable so this could be a good sign.

#4 - Oblivion (360) - Not much to say about this one, I've been a fan of the series from the first game on PC. I'll play it for years, hopping in and out, maybe never finishing the main quest but having a total blast doing it.

Also keep in mind that my console time has been pretty limited lately, as the couch is the only place my wife can sleep comfortably, what with the "I think he's already a toddler" sized son who is holding up inside her like it's the Alamo. Any day now however he'll be out, and Daddy will have another playmate! woo hoo!
2319!

Gamertag: "Gurantsu"

LAking
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by LAking »

Got a 360 a couple weeks ago so i've only been playing that. Problem is i only have two games so far.

NHL 2k6 (360)
Fight Night Round 3 (360)

I've played a handfull of games in NHL 2k6 and it's frustrating. I've tried the out of the box sim sliders and venom's sliders on all star. The cpu seems to have a speed advantage, they score mostly on one timers, and they can hold on to the puck and just skate better than me. Also, faceoffs are really hard and i'm missing out on plenty of scoring chances by not winning faceoffs in the offensive zone. Anyone have any suggestions for making this game play better.

I'm also awaiting Perfect Dark in the mail so that will be in my limited rotation soon. It will be nice to play a non sports game on the 360.
"Be tolerant of those who describe a sporting moment as their best ever. We do not lack imagination, nor have we had sad and barren lives; it is just that real life is paler, duller, and contains less potential for unexpected delirium." -Nick Hornby

Boltman
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Boltman »

GRAW (360) I play this damn game almost nightly with about 6 to 8 of us from OS commited.

BF2 (360) I dont play it as religiously as my son, but I will once the mic patch is released.

Rugby 06' (XBox) I still put this in the tray every other day, when I'm not in the mood to shoot someone in the face.

NFL2K5 (XBox) Play my friend in it at least twice a week.

Atxj
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Atxj »

Winning Eleven 9 Xbox

That's about it.

Phototropic
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Phototropic »

Oblivion (360)

In the next month or so I expect to get back into GRAW and hopefully College Hoops when/if 2k releases a patch to fix the first patch.

lexbur
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by lexbur »

The Show

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Winning Eleven 9 -- Online and Master League. Zeppo will soon feel my wrath in the Brazil challenge. :) Really enjoying the league a lot as well.

Top Spin 2 (360) I'm LOVING this game. I've never been a tennis player or fan, so it's extra fun learning some of the nuances of shot selection, positioning and strategy. Haven't played it online yet, because I wasn't sure that I wouldn't get wiped out.

Oblivion (360) Haven't played in awhile as I've been obsessing about the other two games, but it's a beauty. It's a big adjustment for me going from WoW (my last RPG) to this one, in that as rich and amazing as the world is, it still feels a bit sterile without other people running around.

BF2:MC (360) I need to stick with it and learn what the F I'm doing, but it's so screwed up without voice chat that I find it hard to figure.

Also getting ready for Season 3 in my Ipswich career in FM (kept them in the Prem by the skin of my teeth) and playing Combat Mission: Afrika Korps again as well.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

PhiPsi1
Mario Mendoza

Post by PhiPsi1 »

my gaming rotation is the best that i have had EVER...
the games in my rotation are:

1.) nba 2k6 (xbox 360) - right now i'm implementing rashidi's edits at the end of the season and adjusting depth charts...with the right sliders, best nba game i have ever played.

2.) winning eleven 9 (ps2) - found an editing guide for the badges and kits, so BUSY, BUSY, BUSY with doing all the edits before starting an ml..even though it's a pain in the a** to do the editing, i would rather suffer through this than a game of fifa!!! we9, best soccer game EVER!

3.) college hoops 2k6 (xbox 360) - getting back into the game...just adjusting the depth charts to match up with what went on this year and with fairdale king's rosters, it is an unbelievable college hoops game, especially with the sliders i implemented into the game...just AWESOME.

4.) top spin 2 (xbox 360) - best simulation tennis game EVER!!!! that's all i got to say...but i still like putting in virtua tennis for my dreamcast for a high pace tennis game if you know what i mean...

5.) mlb 06:the show (ps2) - all i have to say is, is that i'm not too big a baseball fan until the playoffs start...but the presentation and game mechanics just seem to pull you in...even though it takes like an hour and a half sometimes to finish the game, i can't seem to make myself skip any of the presentation replays and what not...when a game makes u interested in actually checking out the sport on more of a regular basis, it's a damn good game....and that is what mlb makes me do..

all in all, this is my best gaming rotation i have EVER had..gaming nirvana...it's cool getting into the games..shouting at the tv, gettin' hyped for games, and just really getting into the games like real life...yeah, i feel like a dork, but hey, my friends don't know about it...shhhhhhh... :)

wpw721
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by wpw721 »

TOCA 3 (PS2) found a pretty cool league to race in.

Battlefield 2 (PS2) really fun online.

Arena Football (PS2) enjoying this one offline a lot more than I expected.

CH2k6 (PS2) Offline season.

Nascar 2003 (PC) League racing.