DSP WE League: Official Thread

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Blublub wrote:Good games Isles and Naples - both results are posted and I'll try to catch up with writeups.

My boys are absolutely gutted after that equalizer in extra time against Sporting Lisbon.
Blublub et al:

Narrative writeups are welcome, but far from necessary. What is absolutely necessary, however, is that games be reported here with at least the goal scorers, time of the goals (so the score by half can be correct), and especially bookings and injuries, as well as being input into the league module of course. Injuries can only be dealt with here, there is no way to input them in a useful way at the league module.

Occasionally, if I have time I will go through and use the reports here to clean up and complete the games in the league module. I will often add players to teams as necessary. (Everyone should be able to add players to any team, though.) Generally I will fill in the goal scorers and the bookings, but I can't do that if that information isn't here. Narrative reports are great, but we have to get at least the basic box score here in the thread so that if you can't complete the update at the league site with all the goal scorers and/or bookings, I can go through and clean it up.

Individual players' goals scored stats are really icing on the cake. The only truly critical stat is the final score, as that is what impacts on the standing. But while it's nice to have goal scorers tracked, it's essential to have bookings tracked for suspensions, and injuries too in case players miss games.

Thanks!

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

Match Report

Manchester United (Home) 0 - Benfica 2

Great game Danimal. You started out really well- narrowly missing a few chances. I was definitely on my heels for the first 30 minutes or so.

It seems as if Rui Costas thunderbolt into the top of the net from about 25 yards (36') was the turning point. From there on, Benfica dominated possession. Rui Costa added another in the 89th minute to seal the victory.

Stats

Shots (on goal)
Manchester United 10 (1)
Benfica 6 (4)

Possession
Manchester United 40
Benfica 60

Cards
Yellow- (ManU) Rooney, Ronaldo,
(Benfica) Cleber

Goals
Rui Costa, 36', 89'

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Yeah good game, that was one frustrating match for me. I missed a few opportunities and then when you went up, my guys just got slower, couldn't get to the ball it was weird. Then I had that chance to tie late, header off the post, and missing the put back. After that I just got sloppy.

It was fun, but man I deserve to be in division 6, Yes i now there is no division 6 that's how bad I am.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I should also note, despite repeated attempts jack and I could not launch a game. My Nat is open and my router has all the ports open it needs. Jack says his is good to go too.

We will try again tomorrow, but I ran into this problem with one other guy. We both had good connections, could host and play in other games. But we could never play together if there wasn't a third party host.

What i am trying to say is, i will give it another go. But i have a feeling we aren;t going to synch up.
Follow Me on:

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Danimal wrote:I should also note, despite repeated attempts jack and I could not launch a game. My Nat is open and my router has all the ports open it needs. Jack says his is good to go too.

We will try again tomorrow, but I ran into this problem with one other guy. We both had good connections, could host and play in other games. But we could never play together if there wasn't a third party host.

What i am trying to say is, i will give it another go. But i have a feeling we aren;t going to synch up.
Keep trying. Rob and I had the same issue on back to back nights in this game, but then we tried again a few days later and it worked okay.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Yep, then Cloud and I had the same problem. The only solution seems to be resetting your routers, 2x checking your NAT and trying...and trying...and trying...
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

nyisles16
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by nyisles16 »

funny thing i read.. it says that even when your NAT says open, it may not be truly "open".. I had problems with another game, & when I did my "port forwarding", it seems to have rectified the problem.

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

how do you make sure your "NAT" is open...or better yet, what is "NAT"?

DAnimal........I will try changing a few things before we try again. I will disable my firewall and totally open my router.

Can you go tonite at 7 pm ET? If not, tell me when. I can't do later tonite.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

JackB1 wrote:how do you make sure your "NAT" is open...or better yet, what is "NAT"?
I have no diea what a NAT is, Network Address Translation maybe. Go to your setup pane, and run a Xbxo Live connection test. Nat is the last item, if its not coming back as open, you have some work to do. Even if it is (mine was) you still need to make sure your router has the right ports open.
DAnimal........I will try changing a few things before we try again. I will disable my firewall and totally open my router.
What kind of router do you have? I bet your Nat comes back as restricted, then look up your router on their site and see what to do. I have a Dlink and they told me what ports to open it was simple.
I can't do that early, thats 6pm my time, I'm not even home yet usually. Best time for me are 9:30 CST or later, which means 10:30 your time. I can do tonight or Friday at that time.
Follow Me on:

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

I have a Linksys Wireless 4-Port router. Anyone know what ports I need to forward or open?

EDIT: I Once had this problem with someone else and I set my router
to DMZ mode (just for the game) and everything worked fine. I will try this for our next game.

I can't play tonite that late, but can do 10:30 Thurs or Fri.

p.s. Dave.....we also need to play. Thurs or Fri nite work for you also?

Danimal wrote:
JackB1 wrote:how do you make sure your "NAT" is open...or better yet, what is "NAT"?
I have no diea what a NAT is, Network Address Translation maybe. Go to your setup pane, and run a Xbxo Live connection test. Nat is the last item, if its not coming back as open, you have some work to do. Even if it is (mine was) you still need to make sure your router has the right ports open.
What kind of router do you have? I bet your Nat comes back as restricted, then look up your router on their site and see what to do. I have a Dlink and they told me what ports to open it was simple.
I can't do that early, thats 6pm my time, I'm not even home yet usually. Best time for me are 9:30 CST or later, which means 10:30 your time. I can do tonight or Friday at that time.

Skyboxer
Mario Mendoza

Post by Skyboxer »

lsdean wrote:
Skyboxer wrote:
lsdean wrote:Skyboxer,

Is your gametag Skyboxer or SkyboxerOS?
SkyboxerOS. You want to go Wednesday night 10:30ish est?
Sure. It will probably be around 10:30 or 11:00 depending if I have to DVR Lost.

Send me friends request. I keep getting a "Can't complete this process" error when I try to send you one.

My gametag is LSDEAN
Request sent.

lsdean
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by lsdean »

Division 4 match:

AS Roma and Arsenal squared off this evening and the action was fast and furious. Henry took advantage of a Roma turnover to score in the 2nd minute. Two minutes later Roma got the equalizer from Vucinic off of a cross by DeRossi. An own goal resulted when a Roma defender tried to slide to keep the ball from going over the goal line giving Arsenal a 2-1 lead.

Both teams had chances and kit the posts multiple times but it wasn't until Van Persie scored in the 68th minute to give Arsenal some breathing room. Van Persie clinched it in the 81st to give Arsenal a 4-1 hard fought victory.

Great game Skyboxer.

2' Henry
4' Vucinic (DeRossi)
17' Own goal (Panucci)
68' Van Persie (Henry)
81' Van Persie (Eboue)

Yellow Cards
Mancini
G Martinez

Roma Arsenal
11 (6) Shots 24 (11)
0 PEN 0
4 FK 5
2 CK 8
5 (0) FOUL 4 (3)
2 YEL 0
0 RED 0
48% TOP 52%

lsdean
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by lsdean »

Arsenal closes out the first half of the season.

In a tight well fought match, the play was pretty even. Arsenal struck in the 28th minute when Adebayor connect off of a corner kick from Fabregas to put Arsenal up 1-0. It was back and forth the rest of the game. In the 81st minute Liverpool looked like they found the equalizer but Fowler put a rebound off the crossbar of an empty goal. The next minute Henry worked his magic to increase the lead to 2-0.

Great game Scoop.

28' Adebayor (Fabregas)
82' Henry (Lundberg)

Yellow
Carragher

Injury
Fowler (I believe it was yellow but Scoop would have to clearify this)

Liverpool Arsenal
9 (5) Shots 16 (8)
0 PEN 0
7 FK 4
0 CK 2
4 (3) FOUL 7 (3)
1 YEL 0
0 RED 0
49% TOP 51%

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Gang:

Just a reminder that the deadline for the first half of Season Eight is this Sunday, March 4. Please do your best to get your games in, but if you need an extension feel free to ask for one. It's likely that only those teams that have yet to complete any games at all will receive forfeits at the halfway point, but everyone should try his best to keep to the schedule. The full-season schedule for Season Eight will be posted Sunday or Monday.

Thanks, have fun, and play fair!

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

Dave....are we on for 10 ET tonite?

Danimal.....Fri at 10 ?

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

Jack - 10p tonight looks good at this point. I'll let you know if that changes.
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

JackB1 wrote:Dave....are we on for 10 ET tonite?

Danimal.....Fri at 10 ?
right now that will work. I'll leave a message here tomorrow if it won't.

Dave we also need to play bud, can you play later tomorrow night?
Follow Me on:

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

Match Report

Chelsea (home) 1 - Benfica 2

Great game Leebo. It was back and forth for most of the match.

Goals- Kikin, 39' 77'
Cole 45+ (beautiful strike by the way)

stats-

Shots (on goal)
Chelslea 9 (5)
Benfica 15 (8)

Possession
Chelsea 56
Benfica 44

See you in the second half!

By the way- To The Truth (Valencia)- I can probably play again on Sunday night.

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

fanatic..ok..I will be on sunday night around 9:30 or 10 central.

Dave,
when do you want to try to get our game in? I can do pretty much any night.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

Truth, Danimal - at this point it looks like I'll be around the house for most of today/tonight, so a game sometime between 9-10p ET is probably good. If either of you happen to be around today, let me know and we can probably fit the game in around some work I'm doing.
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Terry, sorry we missed each other so far this week. I haven't been on much due to my work schedule. I should be on during the weekend if that's good for you. Usually after 9:00 p.m. your time.

I'm not sure if Skyboxer posts here but if he does I'll look for him this weekend too.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Sully
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sully »

D2, can anyone go tonight?

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

Scoop,

I'll look for you this weekend after 9pm EST - I'm free Sat & Sun...perhaps Friday too....man, my life is so exciting.....

:)

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

see you at 10 tonite
Danimal wrote:
JackB1 wrote:Dave....are we on for 10 ET tonite?

Danimal.....Fri at 10 ?
right now that will work. I'll leave a message here tomorrow if it won't.

Dave we also need to play bud, can you play later tomorrow night?

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Jack my apologize dude, i was putting my daughter to bed tonight and feel asleep on her floor. I just literally woke up 2 minutes ago.

I'll be around during the day tomorrow.
Follow Me on: