E3 is dead to me

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

E3 is dead to me

Post by Murph »

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/10098/No- ... bes-at-E3/

:(

No More Hot Booth Babes at E3?

The consequences of the “Hot Coffee” GTA mod are far from over and it seems that the long arm of law is reaching not just game retailers, but the industry in general. The IGDA's Sex SIG got access to a copy of the 2006 E3 Expo Exhibitor's Handbook and found out that the new rules put a defacto censorship to any material, including games and booth babes, with partial nudity or sexually explicit/provocative content.

According to Page 13 of the Exhibitor's Handbook:

Material, including live models, conduct that is sexually explicit and/or sexually provocative, including but not limited to nudity, partial nudity and bathing suit bottoms, are prohibited on the Show floor, all common areas, and at any access points to the Show. ESA, in its sole discretion, will determine whether material is acceptable.

What does all this mean? That we won’t get to see those hot girls we used to take photos with or date (in our dreams). No more Hottest Booth Babe competition, no more cool games like Leisure Suit Larry or the Playboy Mansion?

While the handbook does state no “bathing suit bottoms”, there is a bit of a gray area when it comes to the overall attire. It will be interesting to see how far game publishers are willing to go in order to test the waters. In any case, E3 booth babes just got a little uglier.

Without Booth Babes in tiny leather pants or bikinis, is there any reason at all to go to E3? Oh Diana, I'm going to miss you so much!
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

TheMightyPuck
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by TheMightyPuck »

Only time I ever had fun at e3 was back in 1999 when a hot female friend was a passport into the drunken backstage revelry of boothbabes, free booze, and unplanned demos. Mind you that was my first time at E3, so the other two times looking at cool games and hardware just weren't the same. Respecting all opinions, I am always amazed at how much America loves violence and hates sex. Hot Coffee always seemed like such a tiny thing in the face of the game it was in--but that's all been said a beeeeeelion times.

emelki
Mario Mendoza

Post by emelki »

I've been living two years here, and what amazed me more is two things (a few more but this is not the moment). One is the false puritanism that it looks like we are in the Inquisition times. And second the "machismo" in the society. I think it is fine to have ladies in those events but why not men in the same position?.
All these people that have so many problems with the sex things are the worse, because one hour later they are with a prostitute sucking their @#@%!! Hipocresy that is what it is!!!.

Alex
Like always...I apologize for my English. :(

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

TheMightyPuck wrote:Only time I ever had fun at e3 was back in 1999 when a hot female friend was a passport into the drunken backstage revelry of boothbabes, free booze, and unplanned demos. Mind you that was my first time at E3, so the other two times looking at cool games and hardware just weren't the same. Respecting all opinions, I am always amazed at how much America loves violence and hates sex. Hot Coffee always seemed like such a tiny thing in the face of the game it was in--but that's all been said a beeeeeelion times.
back stage f***in at E3, I've seen the guys that attend that thing, I'm in the top 5%, I would have gotten f***ed!

TheMightyPuck
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by TheMightyPuck »

fsquid wrote: I've seen the guys that attend that thing, I'm in the top 5%, I would have gotten f***ed!
I hear you have a pretty mouth ;)

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

emelki wrote:it looks like we are in the Inquisition times.
Really?

http://www.sundayschoolcourses.com/inq/inqcont.htm

emelki
Mario Mendoza

Post by emelki »

Well... Thank you...I am from Spain so I already had enough classes (courses) about "La Inquisición" when I was in Secundary (High School)...but I am sure that a lot politicians will see a few similarities with the present. ;)

Alex
Like always...I apologize for my English. :(