Any Boardgamers out there?

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Any Boardgamers out there?

Post by pk500 »

dougb wrote:That's a neat collection - Civil War was actually the Victory Games division that published it.
I'll take your word as an expert, but I recall my copy of Civil War being the AH original from around 1961. One of the first games they issued after inaugural title Tactics.

Civil War didn't even have counters -- it used plastic markers like Sorry or another non-war board game! :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

dougb
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dougb »

That wouldn't be the game I'm thinking of then.

Doug
"Every major sport has come under the influence of organized crime. FIFA actually is organized crime" - Charles Pierce

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

This was mine. 1961, baby! Wish I still had it. Might be worth something to collectors.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/8220/civil-war
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

Danimal wrote:
Leebo33 wrote: Me too! In the last year I've purchased around 2 a month (bought Hero Realms today) and made 10 trades on BGG.
I'm curious on both Hero Realms as I own Star Realms but haven'r played it in like 2 years and also the Arkham LCG. Any details would be appreciated.
Dan, sorry it took so long to respond but at least it has given me more time to play. I was originally lukewarm on Hero Realms but since it turns out that my wife really likes to play (she does not like games with a space theme and therefore never really was interested in Star Realms) it's really growing on me. The base set is very much like Star Realms but the hero packs (I have 5 at $5 each) add a unique starting deck, a unique ability at a nominal cost that can be played each round, and one unique ability that can be played once a game. It adds much needed depth to the game. I've also had fun with the solo version and co-op against "Tibus." The bottom line is you need the character packs IMO and at $45 total it's probably a luxury more than a necessity.

I've played core Arkam Horror TCG about 5 times ("2 handed solo"...sounds naughty) and the Curse of the Rougarou once. All plays were immersive and a lot of fun. The artwork is top notch. I also have the other scenario pack and Dunwich expansion but haven't played them yet. The first time you play through it is great to follow the story, which is going to be spoiled at least partially depending on your path. But subsequent plays were still fun....upping the difficulty, trying out different investigators, and treating it more like a puzzle. A big factor that may impact your enjoyment is the amount or randomness you can tolerate because there is heavy use of random draws. I had a game recently at the end where the only way I could fail was essentially drawing either a -4 modifier or the one token that automatically causes you to fail the test. I drew both of those tokens back to back and ended up defeated. Of course, I've had a couple games with lucky random draws or timely draws of a much needed card. There is also not much deckbuilding available with one core set, but that doesn't bother me much...I just like to play. It's going to get expensive to keep up, but I feel like I'm getting my money's worth so far. I will also mention that I never played Arkham Horror (really like Eldritch Horror) so all this is pretty new to me.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Hey I know there are some guys in Illinois I think that post in here. Know any good shops out near St. Charles, the 2 stores near me suck with inventory.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Congrats, I'm hopefully less than a year away from KS one of my designs I've been working on for 4 years.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Danimal wrote:
Congrats, I'm hopefully less than a year away from KS one of my designs I've been working on for 4 years.
Thanks, but I can't take credit for it, other than having similar DNA to my brothers, but I am excited to see it coming to fruition. I have Zero creativity, unfortunately. That is awesome that you have been working on one for 4 years. Let me know when you get the KS going as I would love to contribute.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Kickstarter went live today for Trogdor!! The Board Game

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/19 ... board-game
Help the beefy-armed dragon Trogdor burninate the countryside in this cooperative game of burnination, majesty, and consummate V's!!

From the Brothers Chaps and James Ernest comes Trogdor!! the Board Game. For centuries, the legendary wingaling dragon Trogdor the Burninator has terrorized the peasant kingdom of Peasantry with his scorching flames and greased-up beefy arm. Now, he has descended from the mountains once again and will not stop until he burninates the entire countryside and all those unfortunate enough to get in his way!

You and up to 5 friends -or maybe people you just paid to come over- take on the roles of a cult of hooded creepos calling themselves the Keepers of Trogdor who have devoted their lives to aiding the mighty dragon in his quest for total and complete burnination.

Take turns guiding Trogdor on his destructive lost weekend around Peasantry. Help him avoid pesky knights and archers, devour peasants, burninate the countryside, and, of course, the thatched roof COTTAGES!!