MLB 2K9 Official Thread of 360 owners fingers crossed

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

TheGamer
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by TheGamer »

same here too busy playing to post. I'm having major power issues as well. I have the slider set at 80. I may have hit 2 in my last 10 games. I'm afraid to boost it any higher. I'm getting good games w/variety of hits, just not many homers for me or the cpu.

I'm waiting on the updated living rosters to start my franchise. I just finished a 50 game season at 25-25. finished 3rd in the division.
XBL gamertag:SecondACR Vet
PSN: BHoward1
http://community.2ksports.com/community ... id=1010465
http://twitter.com/ BradHowardSr

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

TheGamer wrote:same here too busy playing to post. I'm having major power issues as well. I have the slider set at 80. I may have hit 2 in my last 10 games. I'm afraid to boost it any higher. I'm getting good games w/variety of hits, just not many homers for me or the cpu.

I'm waiting on the updated living rosters to start my franchise. I just finished a 50 game season at 25-25. finished 3rd in the division.
I've cranked power to 100, no change. I'm now tweaking other stuff. The day it becomes a HR-fest, I'll start turning stuff down again.

TheGamer
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by TheGamer »

I just lost a good game against the BoSox 2-1. Zambrano pitched 8 innings, faced 32 hitters had 93 pitches (73 strikes). 4k's and 1 BB, "scattered" 8 hits.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I might join when my Xbox gets back from MS. :cry:

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

I had problems hitting HR's pre-patch, so I guess that wasn't addressed.
Funny thing is, when I use the default hitting method, I hit HR's, but when I switch to the cursor ("zone") hitting, HR's are hard to come by.

Is the AI hittting enough HR's? Is the problem 2-sided?

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

I haven't played much since the patch, but I played a few games on AS sliders with a few tweaks... I turned down batting success one notch each, and my contact down one notch.

I found an ok amount of homers in the 2 or 3 games I played. To be hones, I wonder if the "hit direction influence" has more impact then power.

Most of my homers have been with the stick pushed up, waiting for something high in the zone, though I have hit a few surprise line drive ones without the stick too.

I wonder if another part of the problem is I find it hard to tell the height of the ball in the strike zone in the betting camera, so sometimes I am swinging at stuff 3 inches off the ground. :P
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Use JBH3's sliders over at OS.. the game has been really fun using these!

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

I don't know if it's the playoffs on tv, too much NHL09 or the fact it's getting warmer here, but I am not into this game much at all.... I played last years to death even though it had problems, but I barely play this one.........

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I'm really liking it quite a bit.. can't wait to finally start my franchise tonight.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Still loving it too. Been playing my buddies online more than my franchise. Nothing beats a "close" 2 player game.
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I read a tip where if you put your 360 at 720p, the slow fielders issue goes away, will try that tomorrow.

Lost my opener vs the Pirates tonight, 6-5. Rasmus drops a routine fly ball to put Pit ahead for good. :(

TheGamer
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by TheGamer »

I'm still enjoying the game as well, just have some little things that are annoying me. I think the pitcher composure is way over done. I hate every time the cpu gets on base and I get 2 strikes on the next batter, the pitch icon starts going crazy which normally results in the cpu getting a hit. I think the composure slider has an affect on the fielders as well. It seems that is the only time when I have problems with my outfield is during a tense situation. That starts to feel like catch up logic or cheating by the cpu. I've lowered the composure slider down to 40 and it seems to have helped with the outfield glitch. Also, it seems that I have to pitch to the opposing pitcher more careful than I would a 3-4-5 hitters. What should be an automatic out, always results in a hit. What makes it worse is that the pitcher always hits balls in front of the outfielders who are always playing deep by default and I am never able to adjust their positions. That being said, I really like the game, and I've been getting good score results. Hit totals are pretty high also. Just a lot of little things are starting to pile up.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

TheGamer wrote:I'm still enjoying the game as well, just have some little things that are annoying me. I think the pitcher composure is way over done. I hate every time the cpu gets on base and I get 2 strikes on the next batter, the pitch icon starts going crazy which normally results in the cpu getting a hit.
I don't see that too often unless it's a bases loaded type situation (not sure what I have the composure slider at). You must be playing with the Cubs... :wink:
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Wow.. restarted my franchise with the Cardinals, playing on AS with the only change coming via pitcher speed at 95.

Lost my first two games to the Pirates, 8-3 and 6-0.. tonight Lohse is on the mound and after giving up 2 runs, he settles down and pitches a gem. I get 4 runs in the 8th and after giving up a run, I get a K to end the game. I was so freaking nervous.

I want to keep playing game after game.

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

Drag this out of the closet......

has anyone had issues with their rotation? I'm playing as the Nats in my franchise, and decided to move a few guys around in my roatation mid-season. Well, now it's all effed up.

When I look at the SCHEDULED starter, I see player X. If I PLAY the game, I get player X. If I SIM the game, I get player Y.

I have tried having the CPU reset the roster, dropping a guy into the minors and back up, and I just can't seem to get the CPU to see my NEW roatation.

It's almost like it's "stuck" on the old roation.......