2007 NCAA Football Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

Worst Michigan and Notre Damn teams I've ever seen. Both really, really suck. Game doesn't deserve air time on TV next week. Hell, doesn't deserve lowlights on ESPN Sportscenter either.

icvu42
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by icvu42 »

pk500 wrote:Chin up, Michigan and ND fans: You could be a Syracuse fan. Midway through the second quarter at Iowa, the 'Cuse was down 28-0 with -10 yards total offense.

This comes on the heels of getting shellacked in the home opener last Friday night by Washington.

I'm starting this Web site tonight: www.grobmustgo.com

:evil:

Take care,
PK
PK, I couldn't agree more, but you also need to start a darylgrossmustgo website as well. (for non SU fans, he is the athletic director who only seems concerned with changing Syracuse's uniforms)

This team has gotten progressively worse each year. Unfortunately I don't see the school buying out two years of his contract.

Rick

MUTTS
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by MUTTS »

daryl gross is a cancer

snaz16
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by snaz16 »

South Florida becomes the 2nd best team in Fla,and becomes a national player with a win over Auburn.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

BC is now 2-0...just want to keep you guys informed.
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Zlax45 wrote:BC is now 2-0...just want to keep you guys informed.
:lol:

Nobody gives a f***.....BC is the dog s*** under our shoes.

Sully
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sully »

Yeah, and Virginia Tech was the ACC favorite, and look what happened to them at Baton Rouge. If I'm a fan of a ACC team, I wouldn't be bragging about anything right now, especially if my team is 2-0 against two teams with a combined 0-4 record.

LSU looks like the real deal, they were very impressive last night. Auburn, not so much. Brandon Cox is awful. He locked in on a receiver every time he dropped back to pass. Auburn was lucky the game even made it to OT.

Penn St. dominated the Irish. Two big plays (one on D, the other on ST) kept ND around into the second half, but Weis didn't take the shackles off Claussen until it was already too late. BTW, speaking of Claussen, the kid impressed me. He just needs some talent around him.

Michigan...yuck. Good news for Irish and Wolverine fans. At least one of you will be celebrating a win this time next week.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

michigan SUCKS...but HART is putting up yards..

and how can 1AA teams now get votes in the poll? how many games vs 1a teams do they play? 1?

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

MUTTS wrote:daryl gross is a cancer
And an absolute joke, at that. Mr. Bojangles (I call Gross that because he's a slick, handsome black dude who does nothing but sing and dance) doesn't realize that image doesn't sell in upstate N.Y. the way it did at USC, from where he came.

People in this area want results; they don't give a sh*t about "image" or "events." It just so happened that Dr. Daryl had victories and image in L.A., so he figures that if he builds the image first, the wins will follow.

It's not that easy when the first big hire of your tenure was Greg Robinson, who makes Frank Maloney (painful old-time SU football reference) look like Amos Alonzo Stagg.

Robinson has no clue, and his assistants are mirror images of their boss. The man can't manage a game; he can't manage a staff. Pathetic.

Take care,
PK
Last edited by pk500 on Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

After struggling to pull away from that powerhouse N.C. State. And nice performance by the ballyhooed Ryan -- 15-for-34, 142 yards.

What's going to happen when BC plays a real defense?

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Sully wrote:Brandon Cox is awful. He locked in on a receiver every time he dropped back to pass. Auburn was lucky the game even made it to OT.
You're absolutely right on all counts. As much as I wanted Auburn to win, they didn't deserve to. Cox is terrible, we have a VERY promising 2nd stringer, but he never saw the light of day, although we put in a true freshman at RB who looked great. Why not the QB? I'm tired of the loyalty game with QB's-if they suck, pull 'em out and put someone else in. I'll be happy when Cox is gone.

One other thing about that game-what in the hell was Tuberville thinking with 35 seconds left, 2 timeouts, and a kicker that was perfect for the night, not using every second in regulation to try and get the kicker into range?! What was the BS about letting the clock run out?!

Auburn's gonna get the s*** kicked out of them by the SEC this year. LSU is gonna kill 'em...
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

kevinpars
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by kevinpars »

pk500 wrote:
After struggling to pull away from that powerhouse N.C. State. And nice performance by the ballyhooed Ryan -- 15-for-34, 142 yards.

Take care,
PK
Maybe we will find out this week when BC travels down to the flats to play Georgia Tech.

As for the NCAA in general, is it just me or are there a lot of mediocre QB's out there this year? Maybe some of them will improve - for example Stafford at Georgia but some of those QBs I have been seeing just suck.
FSU's QBs are making me long for the days of Thad Busby.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

AcemanPR wrote:Worst Michigan and Notre Damn teams I've ever seen. Both really, really suck. Game doesn't deserve air time on TV next week. Hell, doesn't deserve lowlights on ESPN Sportscenter either.
I have a different view on viewing the game...should be interesting to see which time lowers its self to 0-3.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

kevinpars wrote:As for the NCAA in general, is it just me or are there a lot of mediocre QB's out there this year? Maybe some of them will improve - for example Stafford at Georgia but some of those QBs I have been seeing just suck.
Any QB who plays against Syracuse will look like the bastard love child of David Klingler and Jack "The Throwin' Samoan" Thompson by the time the game is over.

:evil:

Take care,
PK

bdunn13
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdunn13 »

kevinpars wrote:
pk500 wrote:

Take care,
PK
Maybe we will find out this week when BC travels down to the flats to play Georgia Tech.

As for the NCAA in general, is it just me or are there a lot of mediocre QB's out there this year? Maybe some of them will improve - for example Stafford at Georgia but some of those QBs I have been seeing just suck.
Georgia is now into year 2 of the rebuilding. Stafford made a few bad reads Saturday that cost Georgia the game. However, he was not the only one. We had 30 yards in PF penalties on the first drive and came away with 0 points. Anytime the other team GIVES you 30 yards in penalties, you should get some points. Likewise we recovered that fumble on the punt but it was called back do to illegal motion. That was pretty costly too as well as a few false starts.

Some positives, Georgia is playing 13+ freshman now and we beat OSU pretty easily and we hung with USC in year three of Cock and Fire. Moreno is the best back I have seen at Georgia since maybe Garrison.

What scares me now is our lack of talent at WR. USC was jamming our guys and they could not get off the line and get any separation. Two of our WRs that are playing alot are freshman but I just don't see alot of talent in either of them.

Georgia also seems to lack an identity. Moreno was hot late in the game getting around 7 yards a touch, then they went away from him and started throwing the ball on first down... It did not make alot of sense to me.

Whats even worse now is in our last 5 sec east games(which includes every other SEC east team) we have lost.... Thats pretty amazing and not in a good way.
XBL: bdunn13
PSN: bdunn13

icvu42
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by icvu42 »

Syracuses loses again 41-20 (and it wasn't really that close) to Illinois.

Through 3 games, Syracuse has 93 rushes for 95 yards. Pathetic!

I am now rooting for them to lose and lose big each week. A change needs to take place. Worse team in IA Football!!!

Rick

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Auburn getting beat by Mississippi St. Yikes.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Michigan sure looks better with Henne.... :P

snaz16
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by snaz16 »

Another upstart Florida program, Central Fla. giving Texas fits at the christening of UCF's new 45,000 seat stadium. 26-24 Horns in the 4th.

EZSnappin
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by EZSnappin »

So glad to see Weis join Davie as the only Notre Dame coaches in history to start a season 0-3. Pompous windbag can't win without Willingham's recruits. :lol:

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel for ND. Rumors of Weiss going to the Giants.

Can't be good for recruiting.

Alabama ambushed Arkansas and USC and Nebraska looks to be a high scoring game.

For now.

snaz16
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by snaz16 »

Speaking of Willingham, the Buckeyes looked solid with a win over the Huskies. Rebuilding year,and typical solid defense and balanced offense,good win on the road.
Add the Gators and Sooners to the mix with USC and LSU,with the Trojans getting all they can handle early on with Nebraska.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Nebraska can't tackle at all. Also getting blown off the ball.

Won't be a game for too long.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

wco81 wrote:Seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel for ND. Rumors of Weiss going to the Giants.

One more pathetic game like that and the ND alum will ship the stupid fat ass to NY in a pine box...

skinsfan
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by skinsfan »

Ha Ha Ha,Syracuse over the Ville. :P
Don't be so quick to run GRob out of town,PK.