Tiger Woods 13 PGA TOUR and CE Info

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Tiger Woods 13 PGA TOUR and CE Info

Post by 10spro »

TheTruth wrote:I will try to be there tonight for some club play online. Has anyone tried the game face with the retail version yet?
I don't want to go with another 2 hours of torture in case it happens again, only to find a poor shot of your face so I am just using the one ported from the preview. Although I am interested to know for those that didn't have the preview version, how long it takes to transfer your mug shot over.

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

Just when I thought I had putting down I 3 putted within 5 feet on a hole. Overhit and underhit on gimmes. First thing that popped into my mind: "Just taaap it in... taaap it in... give it a little tappy... tap-tap-taperoo!" LOL!

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

10spro wrote:
TheTruth wrote:I will try to be there tonight for some club play online. Has anyone tried the game face with the retail version yet?
I don't want to go with another 2 hours of torture in case it happens again, only to find a poor shot of your face so I am just using the one ported from the preview. Although I am interested to know for those that didn't have the preview version, how long it takes to transfer your mug shot over.
I created mine with the retail version and I only used a front profile picture that I downloaded from my easportsworld player hub and it only took about 15-20 minutes.

I'll be up for some club action tonight, I'm also using my created golfer exclusively now.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Divot -

I don't know if you have the devs ear but here is a list of lacking items from the website I noticed after one day of use.

- Can't make a tournament restricted to CAG golfers only.
- Can't delete a scheduled event.
- Can't Edit a scheduled event.
- No message boards yet they are in the game interface.
- No leader boards... I don't have words for how this can not be in their.
- Can't schedule a daily event until after the previous one expires which is just stupid. I made one yesterday at around 7pm, so if we want a daily today i have to wait until that one finished to schedule it. Really???

I'm sure I'll come up with others but this reminds me of the half assed Madden Online Franchise implementation we are still using today.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

I should be good to go tonight for some clubhouse play. Today's DSP CC Daily Tournament was a blast! I gave it all I had and posted a +1, which was one stroke back of the leader in the clubhouse, 10spro. It's so cool to see a Live Tournament in which par is in the lead 8) When I finished, MERACE was at +3 and we had a number of others between+4 and +7. Twelve players have played in today's DSP Daily, which I think it a pretty good turnout for this early in the day.

I hit all but one fairway, but the limited length my CAG can hit the ball kept from reaching some par 4's in two. The gridless putting is what kept me from shooting a 66 or 67 though. Gridless putting is a nice change of pace, but I'm not sure there's enough detail there to allow gamers to adequately read the breaks, especially multiple breakers.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

DivotMaker wrote:A 66 on Sawgrass with that difficulty is VERY GOOD PK......nice going!
I'm sure there was a fair amount of luck involved! :)

Shot a 79 today at Pebble Beach at lunch, which included a five-putt and two water hazards.

It's funny: I had no problem with driving accuracy last night, yet today I couldn't hit a fairway at Pebble even if the ball was on autopilot. Plus I'm suffering from an odd problem with putting compared to my woes with the demo: I'm leaving the ball short too often! :)

This game is a hell of a lot of fun. Dig it.
Last edited by pk500 on Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

MUTTS wrote:I am AMD14.

Ive been here for years...I just dont say or do a whole lot. My claim to fame is living a whole 5 miles from PK.

Tony
Tony lives in the high-rent district; I live in the country ghetto. :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

This game -- at least the CE version -- has some interesting bugs:

-- Overlapping audio, where Nantz and McCord talk over each other so it sounds like the "Paul is dead" chant from The Beatles' "White Album" when played backward. This also was present in the demo. It's only happened once or twice in my CE retail copy.

-- Incorrect audio. Nantz once said I was putting for double-bogey when I was only putting for bogey.

-- Sand placement. I've hit tee shots that have been buried in bunkers, but when I arrived to address the next shot, the ball was placed in the rough adjacent to the bunker instead of in the beach where my tee shot landed. This has happened three times. Bizarre.

These are just small quirks that blemish an otherwise excellent game. Anyone else seeing or hearing these bugs?

P.S.: Is there any way to turn off Nantz? Dude's voice resembles stones scratching on a blackboard to me. I can't stand him.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Well I deleted the TW13 Demo, the TW13 Preview and installed the CE Version. I also completely re-installed my Kinect, calibrated it, and changed the position of the Kinect in the room (now below the 58 in TV, as opposed to above it). Somehow the combination of all these things has made a huge difference for me. I actually had re-installed and re-calibrated the Kinect over the weekend with the TW13 Preview version, and it was still bad, so maybe it was just the positioning of the Kinect all along. Of those of you

Anyway, I played the DSP Country Club Daily at Bethpage today using the Kinect with Rickie Fowler and it was a very enjoyable experience. I shot a +15 and it was not enjoyable because I sucked, but because I actually had a feel for what was working and what was not working. I know this sounds crazy, but it almost felt like I was playing a different game than what I experienced with the Demo or the Preview. I also had Zero Lockups while playing for a few hours. This was not the case at all over the weekend with the preview version, where I had 5 lockups/freezes that forced me to completely shut off the 360.

I actually created my GameFace using the pictures I had already uploaded to EA when I created my player for TW Online (PC). The PC based GameFace creator had actually done a really good job of creating my likeness (http://www.easports.com/gameface/). Unfortunately, you can't import this into TW13 360, whereas you can with FIFA 12 and Grand Slam 2. Wierd... So anyway, it let me at least use the front and side pictures I had already used on the EA servers. After going through the step by step process, it took about 15 minutes to generate my GameFace. However, even though I used the exact same pictures for the PC GameFace, the TW 13 rendition of me may have well just been a randomized face. Oh well, at least it did not lock up on me like it did twice over the weekend. So on to the career mode where I came across the confusing options of using these pins and boosts as I tried my first match play. I don't understand what I should pick or not pick here. I lost the first match play nonetheless, but again it was at least enjoyable. Could not figure out how to change the difficulty setting for my career as it seemed to be set on easy (was giving me tips about spinning the ball after the shot, etc.). Is this a global game change vs. specific to the created player? Can it be changed at anytime during the career? Can it be changed in the middle of playing a round?

One thing I realized that I was somehow too dumb to figure out in the Demo or Preview is that I can use the Kinect and the controller at the same time for the most part. That way I can use the controller for navigating menus, etc., and the Kinect just for the shot. This was much less frustrating for me as the Kinect for navigating still seems very touchy and inaccurate. However, I did have a wierd issue where I went from using Kinect for swing, then it switched to controller and I could never get back to Kinect. My guess is that is all chalked up to my own incompetency though and not the game.

I am much more satisfied with the purchase at this point. The Demo and the Preview almost had me cancelling my order.
Purchase! Boost! Buy! Coins! Increase! Unlock! Pins! Blah blah blah. Did anyone else take a look at the 'New Features' section of this game? Pages of this crap, highlighted, before you get to any gameplay changes.

Couple that with the always fun 'connecting to EA servers' hitches and delays, and this stuff is really starting to hurt the experience for me, despite the gameplay.

Two games in a row now (SSX, first) where if I play online, I'm competing against folks who have who knows what type of boosts, increases, or attribute advantages going on.

Anyhow, I'm not much interested in the 'grind to increase' elements of golf (or snowboarding), so hopefully you country club guys will be tolerant of someone using a PRO in our tourneys. Certainly doesn't have to be a good one!
I guess I should blame the FIFA pack folks for this, but I'm getting really weary of the 'EA experience.'

Purchase! Boost! Buy! Coins! Increase! Unlock! Pins! Blah blah blah. Did anyone else take a look at the 'New Features' section of this game? Pages of this crap, highlighted, before you get to any gameplay changes.

Couple that with the always fun 'connecting to EA servers' hitches and delays, and this stuff is really starting to hurt the experience for me, despite the gameplay.

Two games in a row now (SSX, first) where if I play online, I'm competing against folks who have who knows what type of boosts, increases, or attribute advantages going on.

Anyhow, I'm not much interested in the 'grind to increase' elements of golf (or snowboarding), so hopefully you country club guys will be tolerant of someone using a PRO in our tourneys. Certainly doesn't have to be a good one!
I am with you 100% on this. I know I don't have to use any of this and I can just ignore it, but between all the different difficulty settings, controller options, player attributes, and the Pins/Boost stuff, it is hard to know how to apply it all on the course for a good comparitive competition.
pk500 wrote:-- Incorrect audio. Nantz once said I was putting for double-bogey when I was only putting for bogey.

-- Sand placement. I've hit tee shots that have been buried in bunkers, but when I arrived to address the next shot, the ball was placed in the rough adjacent to the bunker instead of in the beach where my tee shot landed. This has happened three times. Bizarre.

These are just small quirks that blemish an otherwise excellent game. Anyone else seeing or hearing these bugs?
I had both of these during my Daily play at Bethpage for the DSP Country Club. I three putted and it kept telling me I was going for Par each time.
Last edited by DChaps on Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

I have seen all but the sand placement bug and Nantz giving the wrong feedback you describe. I believe you can turn the announcers off in the Settings>Game Presentation>Audio section. Don't have my 360 on right now so I can't confirm just yet, but I believe it is in the Audio settings.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

DivotMaker wrote:I have seen all but the sand placement bug and Nantz giving the wrong feedback you describe. I believe you can turn the announcers off in the Settings>Game Presentation>Audio section. Don't have my 360 on right now so I can't confirm just yet, but I believe it is in the Audio settings.
I get the sand bug sometimes. Maybe I have a much larger sample size of shots bound for the beach. :)
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I just had a H2H CC game where I completely hooked my driver and I was totally sure that it landed in the water. Low and behold, on the second shot I find myself addressing the ball between an edge and some of the water that I thought my ball went into, so I am hitting the shot practically on water as the other guy tells me 'Hit it Jesus'. :)

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

10spro wrote:I just had a H2H CC game where I completely hooked my driver and I was totally sure that it landed in the water. Low and behold, on the second shot I find myself addressing the ball between an edge and some of the water that I thought my ball went into, so I am hitting the shot practically on water as the other guy tells me 'Hit it Jesus'. :)
Jesus and Tebow don't hook their drives. :)
Follow Me on:

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

One thing I noticed which I thought was cool is that the gallery seems much more realistic than in past golf games I have played, both PC and console. Even the best Headgate PC Golf sims never really got a good feel/ambiance of an actual PGA event. I really liked what I saw in my first round play. It seems like a small thing, but it is a nice change from the lonely, cardboard feel of other golf games. The last golf game I can remember that tried to catch the feel of a gallery was British Open Championship Golf(I think that was the name) from the 90's. In that game the gallery size and enthusiasm would ebb and flow based on what you were doing on the course. Anyway, it was also cool seeing the real time leaderboards on different holes.

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

That reminds me of the youtube video from a few years ago where the devs made fun of a bug from the previous year's Tiger......

http://youtu.be/FZ1st1Vw2kY

(one day i'll learn how to embed videos!)
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Naples39 wrote:
DivotMaker wrote:I have seen all but the sand placement bug and Nantz giving the wrong feedback you describe. I believe you can turn the announcers off in the Settings>Game Presentation>Audio section. Don't have my 360 on right now so I can't confirm just yet, but I believe it is in the Audio settings.
I get the sand bug sometimes. Maybe I have a much larger sample size of shots bound for the beach. :)
I checked the TW13 forum, and other players also have reported the sand bug. Hopefully it can be fixed with a patch.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

DChaps wrote:One thing I noticed which I thought was cool is that the gallery seems much more realistic than in past golf games I have played, both PC and console. Even the best Headgate PC Golf sims never really got a good feel/ambiance of an actual PGA event. I really liked what I saw in my first round play. It seems like a small thing, but it is a nice change from the lonely, cardboard feel of other golf games. The last golf game I can remember that tried to catch the feel of a gallery was British Open Championship Golf(I think that was the name) from the 90's. In that game the gallery size and enthusiasm would ebb and flow based on what you were doing on the course. Anyway, it was also cool seeing the real time leaderboards on different holes.
Have you hit a fan in the gallery yet? It's hilarious! The struck fan bends forward at the waist and looks in serious distress! :)

The gallery audio sometimes is nonsensical. I've heard polite applause or silence after chipping to 3 feet of the hole from the fringe, but I've heard the gallery explode with applause after I put a 12-foot putt 10 feet past the cup.

No question this game was rushed. I'm sure that's the case for all annual sports titles, but TW13 has a surprising lack of polish. Still, it's deep and fun as hell to play.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

pk500 wrote: Have you hit a fan in the gallery yet? It's hilarious! The struck fan bends forward at the waist and looks in serious distress! :)
I haven't hit one yet in this years game but last years game I think I killed one. :lol:

"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I'll try and be there too. Loving the game.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Unfortunately my Internet connection hasnt been stable during the later parts of the evening the past month or so or else I'd love to hop in for some OCC online play.

For whatever reason my Internet, almost like clockwork, will go out a couple times a might for about 30 seconds to a minute.
GT = Wilk5280

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Today's daily is at Sawgrass.

1 try / 1 submission.

Try and use a CAG if possible.
Follow Me on:

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Danimal wrote:Today's daily is at Sawgrass.

1 try / 1 submission.

Try and use a CAG if possible.
Heading in now. I just shot a 4 under 68 in my first career event and I won the tourney :).
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Looks like the Daily doesn't start til 10 pm.

Oh, I got the first double eagle for the DSP Country Club. I holed out a 2 hybrid from 200+ yards out!
However I also lead the club in double bogeys!
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Does everyone play at the same skill level in these DSP tournaments? Or do we use the level at which we set our CAGs?

There should be some sort of formula that factors in skill level in these tourneys if people can play at their desired skill level. Guys playing at the tougher skill levels should have some extra sweetener.

Just shot 77 (+5) on Tournament level at Sawgrass in today's tournament with my CAG, who has zero added attributes. I missed my manual caddy! :)

Big fun. :)
Last edited by pk500 on Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

So, what does going cold with your putter at Pebble in the Amateur championship get you, on a windy day?

+20. I took a +8 on a hole after 5 putting.

Ahhhh, it's like I was really playing golf!
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!