Tiger Woods 13 PGA TOUR and CE Info

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Tiger Woods 13 PGA TOUR and CE Info

Post by Gangrel »

Ace EZ is an incredibly handsome, MENSA level, athletically gifted, god's gift to women, who's forum name was already taken on Live so had to use his old nickname created back in the C64 days....... ;)
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

Gurantsu
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gurantsu »

I picked up my copy of the CE today and signed in to the club this evening. So far I'm liking the game a lot.

When I first got it home my son and I did a match play round on the easy levels using Kinect, and I won it by one hole after nine (ha that five year old went down baby!)

I then created a new golfer, and set it on tournament level. Ended my first round at Wolf Creek at +41, and only hit 2 FIR and 2 GIR. Did OK putting, but it is tricky getting the right swing with the Kinect. It did seem to rely a lot on being smooth and keeping your head still. I could tell for the most part if a shot would be good because the swing just felt right. Going to first person mode made a huge difference for me, swinging felt more natural when looking at the ball rather than down the fairway.

I still need a lot of work on the short game, especially if there are drastic elevation changes (which Wolf Creek has a ton of). I hit the shot limit on two holes because I couldn't seem to get over steep hills. But overall it's a lot of fun. Plus getting a new club by just asking for it is pretty cool. :lol:
2319!

Gamertag: "Gurantsu"

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Danimal wrote:Ok guys we have a daily tournament set up for Tour Pro at Bethpage to get everyone kicked off any used to the game.

We also have a weekly one which starts tomorrow at Pebble that one is on Tournament level.

We'll do the weekly one on a regular Thursday - Sunday rotation like the Tour. I'll try and switch it up every week. The weekly ones are going to be tour pro or better unless there is an outcry for lesser levels.

The daily we can do whatever we want.
Just shot 9 over in the daily. Damn was that nerve racking...in a good way. I worked my ass off! I drained an 18 foot birdie on 18 to get to +9. Bethpage is a beast. I am having a ball with the game. Looking forward to the tournament at Pebble :).

BTW, checkout the videos I posted earlier...especially the one on bunker play. I LOVE coming out of bunkers. Opening the face and stance and hitting behind the ball really mimics real life bunker play. It is incredibly gratifying setting up a bunker shot and executing it. I almost holed one out in the daily :D.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Thanks for the daily, Danimal. Just shot myself in the foot again in the last hole for the second straight day. Even score.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

What golfers is everyone using on the dailies? Do we have a house rule on that?
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

I fight with honor, so I used my CAG. That, and i'm too lazy to figure out another golfer right now.........

PUtting with no grids is tough! I didn't realize that was the setup. I don't think I've ever putted without gridlines before. I messed up a few putts because of that.

I was around even at the turn, but then messed up the back nine after thinking I might make a run at 10s. ;) At least i birdied the last hole. Like real golf, the golf gods give you something to remember to entice you back!

I did discover something..... hitting draws off the tee is your friend. Just like real life, extra distance.... (I've never understood why). But even in the realm of the "game", i found that even with an underswing/slow tempo, a well hit draw still went further then what the aiming marker said it would, by close to 15-20 yards.....

I also found it easier to hit fast, or perfect tempo shots.... much easier the tournament, which is what I'm playing/struggling my offline in. :P

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

Danimal wrote:Online club is open.

Search for Digital Sportspage

Password is thunderbolt

I have a meeting right now but will come back and post what I found inside it.

I set up a weekly tournament, options are interesting. I have no idea if this tournament will even show up in the demo.

When someone else joins let me know if you can also set up a tournament.
It says thunderbolt is the wrong password

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

That's because I changed it to Tebowsucks.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Naples39 wrote:What golfers is everyone using on the dailies? Do we have a house rule on that?
I used myself.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

10spro wrote:
Naples39 wrote:What golfers is everyone using on the dailies? Do we have a house rule on that?
I used myself.
CAG
GT = Wilk5280

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

I can't hit worth s*** on the kinect. Hook, hook, or ground ball to the second baseman.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

10spro wrote:
I used myself.
I used Dustin Johnson.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

This game has become addictive in just a few hours. It's my favorite Tiger in the series.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

toonarmy
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by toonarmy »

This is easily the best Tiger ever made on a console. After 8+ hours of playing today I am still wanting to play more, and will probably stay up very late playing it. There is a bit of a learning curve, however once things click the game is pure crack. I'm enjoying the career mode a lot. Some of the course graphics are just plain beautiful. I don't see how in the hell IGN could give this game a 4.0 on presentation and 6.5 on graphics. The menus are clean and very well laid out. You'd honestly have to have something wrong with your eyes or have a personal beef with EA to score this game's graphics and presentation so low. I appreciate the ambient sounds and the minimal commentary. Man am I ever glad I decided to order this game on a last-minute whim from Amazon yesterday. Between this game, the Show, and my Vita racing/sports games I cannot complain about my gaming situation for some time to come.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I still don't get the purpose of the different shot types and what it does to the aiming meter.

If I set my shot type to chip and it bumps it down to 11 yards say and I take a full swing with a 60 degree I am still hitting it 60 yards. I don't notice much of a difference in the shot type either. Am I just missing something totally obvious here?
Follow Me on:

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

Danimal wrote: We currently have 17 of 25 memebers but there are 2 I do not recognize.

Can anyone tell me who AMD14 and Ace EZ are?

Also WTF is MERACE as well?

Again not a member of DSP they are getting the boot especially if guys here can't get in.

If there not members of DSP they are getting booted.
JCauthen invited me and my access to the forums was authenticated by a moderator. :?

If you would still like me to leave let me know and I will resign from the Digital Sporstpage Country Club.

-MERACE

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

No need for that I just didn't recognize a few names. We still have open spots and we need a full club btw to have a club champion.
Follow Me on:

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

Bah, I didn't read the 'more info' until two late. I just popped in the game for the first time tonight, and saw the tourney was sent for 2 chances, so I figured I'd just go through twice.

Didn't realize it was just one submission, though so my +2 on the second try didn't count. :(

Don't get me wrong, I like the only one submission deal...I just didn't realize the settings for this round.

First impressions are good! I rented, but I think I'll be grabbing it tomorrow.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Diablo25 wrote:This game has become addictive in just a few hours. It's my favorite Tiger in the series.
Agreed. I just love, LOVE, the online country matches. I played two online matches tonight and they all had to be decided on the 18th hole. Can't wait to get a DSP foursome going. Most players also play with their created dudes and are fair game.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

fsquid wrote:I can't hit worth s*** on the kinect. Hook, hook, or ground ball to the second baseman.
What swing difficulty are you using? Normal, Hard, Expert? If on Expert, bump it down to Normal for a few rounds, then try Hard. I have yet to play a full round on Expert as it is really tough to hit straight and flush consistently. When I master Hard, I will then move to Expert and try to master it.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Danimal wrote:I still don't get the purpose of the different shot types and what it does to the aiming meter.

If I set my shot type to chip and it bumps it down to 11 yards say and I take a full swing with a 60 degree I am still hitting it 60 yards. I don't notice much of a difference in the shot type either. Am I just missing something totally obvious here?
I know what you mean. Part of the problem is that there is a patch coming out (should be out for the PS3 and is due for the 360 any day) that adds a proper chipping animation that was not finished in time to put on the disc.

What I do for chipping is I play without the swing meter, then I set my aiming marker about 50% of the distance to the cup (assuming a flat elevation). I recommend going to the AN Practice Facility and practicing this to get a feel for ths and hopefully this will be improved after the chipping animation is patched in.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Shot two rounds tonight with Rickie Fowler: Controller, Expert swing, Tournament difficulty, grids on greens, no swing meter.

Opened with 88 at Augusta. My putting and chipping were atrocious on the front nine, but I started to get a better feel on the back nine.

Then I went to TPC Sawgrass and shot 66! Just 27 putts for the round. Shot 31 on the back side. Stoked! :)

I'm hitting around 75 percent of fairways in regulation, so the swing in the retail game must be a bit more sensitive than the demo. I hardly ever missed fairways in the demo.

Very, very pleased with this game so far. DIGGING it!
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

A 66 on Sawgrass with that difficulty is VERY GOOD PK......nice going!

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

I just played the Daily Tournament at Augusta in Tournament mode with all aids and grids off and shot +8 with the controller. Getting Perfect or Fast tempo is tough and you really have to watch your tempo while putting as a Fast tempo is not a good thing. For those who are claiming this game is easy, a twitchfest and cheesy artificial difficulty, I beg to differ. A similar round in Career Mode at Augusta playing with Kinect on Tournament mode with Hard swing, I shot a -3. Tournament mode with Expert swing is a real challenge and I challenge anyone claiming this game is easy to play the Daily Tournament at Augusta and come back here and report their score......

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

Danimal wrote:I still don't get the purpose of the different shot types and what it does to the aiming meter.

You shouldn't be taking a full swing. I'm sure the missing animation is part of the issue, but on close chips I use maybe a half swing. I also hit lower on the ball, depending on how much i want it to release.