DiRT Rally

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Re: DiRT Rally

Post by AcemanPR »

Pre-ordered and installed! I've been lucky where certain digital games I preordered unlocked a few hours before midnight, hoping that is the case with DiRT Rally!

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Should be playable at 9:01 pm pst tonight.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Mine shipped today from Best Buy. Hope to have it tomorrow or Wednesday!
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

LOL my xbox just informed me my Dirt rally game was ready to go. Thats cool. 9:08pst :D

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

The UPS man just arrived, and I have DIRT Rally in my grimy hands. Oh, baby: I know what I'm doing tonight! :D
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

I've gotten a couple half hour sessions with this game and boy is this a gem! Graphically its a jaw dropper and it controls great, but the game is unforgiving! A couple times I was looking for that rewind button but thankfully it isn't there. My first rally in the Championship mode, I finished 16th (out of 16) thanks to driving off a cliff in Greece the second leg, then I won in Monte Carlo, and followed it up with a 3rd place finish in Germany. Overall, I'm sitting in 4th place halfway through the 1960s Championship. Hope many more pick this up on Xbox One so we can compare times!

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

In my little play time with this I could not possibly be more impressed. I'm in awe at how good this looks, I mean just.. wow. I am a pretty big fan of WRC5 and graphics and framerate alone there is just no comparison. These two games are not even in the same ballpark. I've got to get used to the unforgiving handling model again, but I am getting beat down. I finished 5 in my first rally, totaled my car on the first stage of Monte Carlo, and then placed 4th in Germany (or was it vice versa, I can't remember the order).

At the moment my times are definitely less than impressive. The only drawback I have with the game so far is that the career is a bit of a forced grind. I really just wanted to hop into a newer car and take it up Pikes Peak, but unless I'm missing something I've got a lot of unlocking (money to earn) to do before I'll be able to do it. Even just for kicks and not as part of a career.

Other than that, though... HOT DAMN!
GT = Wilk5280

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Wilk5280 wrote:The only drawback I have with the game so far is that the career is a bit of a forced grind. I really just wanted to hop into a newer car and take it up Pikes Peak, but unless I'm missing something I've got a lot of unlocking (money to earn) to do before I'll be able to do it. Even just for kicks and not as part of a career.
You can do it on the PC at anytime...classic (dirt) and the updated paved version. Wonder why it's different.

F308GTB
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by F308GTB »

Welcome to the party boys. Got on the Dirt Rally kick as soon as it came out on Steam early access. Even the first "beta" was an impressive product, and Codies added great content with each passing month. Just waiting for my 17gb download to finish so I can see the final release.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Wilk5280 wrote:At the moment my times are definitely less than impressive. The only drawback I have with the game so far is that the career is a bit of a forced grind. I really just wanted to hop into a newer car and take it up Pikes Peak, but unless I'm missing something I've got a lot of unlocking (money to earn) to do before I'll be able to do it.
Just enter Custom Event and choose Hillclimb. Then you can run Pikes Peak right out of the box in a classic or modern hillclimb car.

That was my first stage. Binned my Peugeot 205 about four times in the first half-mile. :)

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Thanks guys. I could have sworn it was making me purchase a vehicle I couldn't afford, but apparently I did look close enough.

**edit**
I was in the wrong place originally. Bonehead
Last edited by Wilk5280 on Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GT = Wilk5280

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Holy f*ck -- digging this game out of my mind after the first 30 minutes of driving. All modes are fantastic, but I'm enjoying the Rallycross even more than imagined.

F308GTB
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by F308GTB »

pk500 wrote:Holy f*ck -- digging this game out of my mind after the first 30 minutes of driving. All modes are fantastic, but I'm enjoying the Rallycross even more than imagined.
Just wait until you do stages in the snow :D

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Got to dial my wheel in , the forces are so strong and i dont know which ones lessen the force. It seems i may have to change a bunch of things there doesnt seem to be a global ff slider.
Is it called something else?
Havnt been able to enjoy it yet as ive been fighting the wheel and its coming off the stand its so powerfull . I may have to finaly hard mount it.
The fan kicked on after 3 mins of my first drive i s*** you not. Im scared its going to break it.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

If the Rallycross is good, I think I will need to get this. How is it with a controller?
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

The Steam version just got a massive 17GB update, yowzer. 8O

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Aristo wrote:If the Rallycross is good, I think I will need to get this. How is it with a controller?
Haven't played it yet, but read that the controller works rather well with this game.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I use both my XBox Wireless Controller and my wheel, and I like them both. The controller works surprisingly well.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Gotta give some credit to Codemasters and their PC optimizations. I can now run the game on "ultra" settings with a GTX 770. I went from 26FPS to 59FPS. :)

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Does anyone know how to access the car setup files from the Steam Workshop for the console versions of the game? I don't want to create a Steam account and have a Steam folder in my directory; I just want the car setup files from the Workshop to use with my Xbox One version of the game.

Thanks.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Game looks fantastic but I think I will wait on this one as the Show is going to get the majority of my playtime for the next couple of months. Glad to hear that it's good because it's definitely on my radar.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Know this: DIRT Rally is brutally unforgiving. Some driver aids, but no rewinds. Restarts cost in-game credits. Tough damage model. Tough AI. Realistic physics.

This game is NOT a more realistic WRC 5, DIRT 3 or even Colin McRae Rally. It's one of the most realistic console driving games I've ever played. There's NOTHING arcade about it.

Not trying to scare people. DIRT Rally is a fantastic game, one of the best console racers I've ever played. But it might be daunting if you're not a motorsports fan or curious about learning the intricacies and driving nuances of rally.

This is the closest thing I've ever played to Richard Burns Rally on the PC -- the previous undisputed heavyweight champion of rally sims.