MLB Bobblehead Pros

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: MLB Bobblehead Pros

Post by Naples39 »

This game may be soon forgotten with everyone jumping on the NCAA train, but I now have ~2 dozen games under my belt and would give an unconditional thumbs up at $10. It plays a very solid, fun game of baseball, and I don't miss for one second a fancy presentation, full announcing, or even a dynasty mode.

For one thing, my previous worry about doubles was unfounded. I get lots of them now. I love being aggressive on the basepaths, and though I get caught sometimes you can score from 2nd on a single very often, and from first on a double sometimes or to third on a single the appropriate amount of times. I've gotten a few triples. The biggest flaw is that it's very hard to hit it past the 1B/3B down the line, and the OFs may hold flyballs down the line to singles too often.

I am on a long winning streak in my season. My current play settings are "low" batting assist (which is less assist than "little", and gives more hit variety, more swing and misses, foul balls....), I turn off the pitching cursor and strike zone (harder to pick corners when pitching and judge what's a driveable pitch on offense), and CPU on Legend difficulty. The CPU knocks the ball around the park more on higher difficulty rather than blooping you to death. I'm still not giving up many runs, but at least I am afraid and have had nervy 9ths, but the phillies staff certainly is helping me!

I could try hitting with no assist, but that gets a lot harder. I am happy with the offense level I generate with CPU legend pitching and low assist. The only question for me is the CPU hitting level.

If anyone wants to play an online game, feel free to send an invite.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I bought the game based on all the positive feedback. I'm playing on all defaults but i'm struggling on the fielding side. My guy who's chasing after the ball just runs around in circles until finally he picks up the ball. I tried pressing the A button but then he dives for the ball.

Is there a button to pickup the ball with?

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Fielding can be tricky if you're not careful. I don't know about the running in circles thing, but my advice is don't charge the ball unless you have to. Let the ball come to you and make minor adjustments as necessary or else you risk running right by it in this game.

I actually kind of like that fielding requires care in this game rather than being a formality.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Naples39 wrote:Fielding can be tricky if you're not careful. I don't know about the running in circles thing, but my advice is don't charge the ball unless you have to. Let the ball come to you and make minor adjustments as necessary or else you risk running right by it in this game.

I actually kind of like that fielding requires care in this game rather than being a formality.
I should have clarified that was me making my player run in circles so as to pickup the ball. :)

So far i'm getting killed in this game which is good until I figure it out.

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

I'm still getting killed more often that i'd like to admit.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Ok...finally had a decent game..a 2-1 win as the Pirates over the visiting Dodgers. I had 6 hits, they had 4, and most importantly no homers hit at all and Kevin Correia went 8 innings before I had Hanrahan come in and get the save. Have been messing around with sliders for every game and was hitting 10-12 homers per game even with settings on the all star level...very frustrating. I made several changes and got a much better ballgame...

Here are some things I changed
CPU batting - All Star
Running Auto - I'll probably change that to manual eventually
CPU running Pro
Batting Cursor - Middle Assist - It's a start and gives me room to grow. "Just Swing" was probably really hurting the game for me.
CPU pitching - Legend
Fielding controls - Semi Auto - This was a big deal because those 20 texas leaguers the cpu gets per game went down to about 3 and believe it or not this change wasn't as big of a deal as it sounds. They still got hits..it wasn't like my outfielders caught everything but it definitely helps with keeping the hit totals more in line.
CPU fielding - Pro
Pitch speed - Fast

Gonna play some more games before bumping the CPU to at least ALL star or Legend in the hitting categories. This is definitely the best 800 or $10 I've ever spent on any game....amazing game. Outstanding value.
Getting ready to fire up the Nats and Mets, I'll report back and let you know how this game went as well.
Last edited by tjung0831 on Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Just played a 6 inning game, Mets(me) vs Nats. Mets win 4-3 on walkoff pinch hit single by Ronnie Paulino in the bottom of the 6th. Santana went 5.1 innings, Taylor Bucholz pitched 2/3 to get the win. Jason Bay went yard for the Mets.
Line score
Nats - 3 8 1
Mets - 4 9 0

Game has huge potential, plays a great game of ball for sure.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM