Playstation Vita

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Playstation Vita

Post by dbdynsty25 »

10spro wrote:Yes and I have been ditching this game for the past few years. Looks like the career mode is deep too. Player models are very sharp. My only gripe is the camera angle focused on the far court when the ball is about to be hit, haven't checked if there are other camera options though.
Yes, there are three different views.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Buy.com has a 32GB memory card for $39.99.

http://www.buy.com/prod/32gb-playstatio ... 07171.html

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Thanks Dan but either they're sold out or they caught their mistake. :(

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

sportdan30 wrote:Buy.com has a 32GB memory card for $39.99. I placed an order for one and don't even have a Vita. We'll see if it goes through.

http://www.buy.com/prod/32gb-playstatio ... 07171.html
They already fixed the price.

I am now officially enamored with the Vita. Looking forward to getting Ray an and Army Corps of Hell this week and Unit 13 next week. The Show should be great too.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Rodster wrote:Thanks Dan but either they're sold out or they caught their mistake. :(
Well, I purchased a memory card and don't have a Vita, although I do have one pre-ordered. If don't end up getting my pre-order I'll be more than happy to sell the memory card for what
I paid.

The memory card I purchased is made by Tiger Direct. I went back to confirm that they did indeed correct the price, and now the manufacturer is BeachAudio.
Last edited by sportdan30 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

sportdan30 wrote:
Rodster wrote:Thanks Dan but either they're sold out or they caught their mistake. :(
Well, I purchased a memor card and don't have a Vita, although I do have one pre-ordered. If don't end up getting my pre-order I'll be more than happy to sell the memory card for what
I paid.
Ooh calling first dibs on that one. :)

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

They have third-parties manufacturing the proprietary memory cards now?

Target is including the 4 GB card with the $249 SKU.

A lot of deals for a launch, which is very unusual.

I'll have to check it out in person some time but when you see these kinds of deals and accounts of poor sales, price cuts and/or better deals seem inevitable.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

wco81 wrote:They have third-parties manufacturing the proprietary memory cards now?

Target is including the 4 GB card with the $249 SKU.

A lot of deals for a launch, which is very unusual.

I'll have to check it out in person some time but when you see these kinds of deals and accounts of poor sales, price cuts and/or better deals seem inevitable.
Yeah all the launch deals, makes you wonder. There was an article posted on Gamespot that Japanese developers were already leaving the platform which Sony responded by saying it was exaggerated. I only got one now because I paid $239.99 for the 3G bundle. And I bought 2 games at almost 40% off the price.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

I changed my pre-order to the wifi only version for $250, primarily because of the 32GB card I was able to purchase. I'm still not confident it'll ship at that price. Nor am I 100 percent I'm going to pull the trigger on the system itself. But it seems like it'd be a better deal.

The sales guy at Game Stop was a little annoyed I decided to change over from the 3G bundle to the wifi only system. He said that they are going to discontinue the wifi only version very shortly because Sony is really trying to push the 3G and also because of the price point being so low at $250. I find that hard to believe. I also find it hard to believe that people wouldn't rather have a wifi Vita if they had a choice. I'm sure a wifi bundle would outsell the 3G version by a wide margin. Additionally, they got in very few of the wifi only systems.

Played a bit more of the Virtua Tennis 4 and am still amazed how well the game plays. It was only a demo, and it was certainly on a very easy level too. I'm curious if the music in the game will be as annoying as I remember.

Gave Fifa Soccer another go and was actually quite impressed. Initially, I thought the players were a bit small to see, but for whatever reason it didn't seem to bother me as much the second time I played it. I could see myself playing this game with my music playing in the back ground.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

First of all never believe anything Sony says. If we have learned anything this generation their experts at spinning the truth. They are also one of the most arrogant companies around. I doubt you will see price cuts anytime soon they wouldn't want to admit failure. Nintendo saw their system not selling and immediately cut the price. I would bet money Sony won't do the same.

Second that Gamestop story makes me laugh. When I switched from Dish to DirecTV about 9 years ago (maybe more) they guy questioned me and I said I wanted Sunday Ticket. He tried to tell me that DTV was losing Sunday Ticket and they were getting it and when they did I would need to repurchase all my equipment to which I laughed so hard he got pissed off and called me a jerk. I still get a chuckle out of that story.

Moral of the story, don't ever believe a retail person.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

sportdan30 wrote:Played a bit more of the Virtua Tennis 4 and am still amazed how well the game plays. It was only a demo, and it was certainly on a very easy level too. I'm curious if the music in the game will be as annoying as I remember.

Gave Fifa Soccer another go and was actually quite impressed. Initially, I thought the players were a bit small to see, but for whatever reason it didn't seem to bother me as much the second time I played it. I could see myself playing this game with my music playing in the back ground.
There are about ten different camera views, so it's possible that the view was just different. On the default tele far view, it is really small...but you can zoom the camera in a bit while still getting to see quite a bit of the pitch. I bet it was just on a different view.

And you're right about VT4...fantastic portable game of tennis. Between it and Grand Slam 2...I'm in tennis heaven right now.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I may have to get VT4, seeing you guys are raving about it.

According to the CAG forums, cancellation notices for the 32GB Vita memory cards have begun. Sweet deal if anyone does get one.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Son of a...watching the game vids of MLB The Show on this thing is making me want to get a Vita. It looks bad ass. Thing is its really the only game I'd get. I don't want to make NE of my classic impulse decisions/buys lol.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

By the way, how did you guys get your Vita. Every where I look says it ships the 22nd.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

If you pre-order the 3G version frm Best Buy I think it was they got them a week early.

I've finally decided to pull the trigger on Weds. assuming I can walk into the store and get one. We'll see if that works out or not.
Follow Me on:

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Must.....resist.....must.....
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Economy must not be as bad as they say it is.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

wco81 wrote:Economy must not be as bad as they say it is.
Guess it depends if you're in the 1% or not ;)
Follow Me on:

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Diablo25 wrote:By the way, how did you guys get your Vita. Every where I look says it ships the 22nd.
There was a first edition bundle available a week earlier than the real release. You had to preorder it. The real launch is this Wednesday along with the rest of the launch lineup.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Man I hope mine gets shipped this week from Lockerz.com. Oh have you guys had any hardware issues, like stuck or dead pixels, joystick problems?

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

No problems at all. In fact I still marvel at how responsive and tight the analog sticks are on games like Fifa and VT. Damn is it ever addictive to play Virtua Tennis 4. I settled on the TV camera angle which makes the lower court where you control your player a bit smaller but overall you have a better view of the whole court than the default camera.

Also tried playing it with the touch screen and while it takes some adjusting in terms of moving your player and picking your shots, it is damn fun. The points that I lose here and there is because I am caught marveling at the Vita screen and how gorgeous this game is. The little details, court atmosphere, animations and players' mugs are almost life like.

Also played a couple of VR matches where you control your player from the rackets' point of view, a neat view where you tilt the Vita while you try to hit your shots. Rock the boat is also a fun mini game within the game. Impressive.

Darkbandit
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Darkbandit »

Dammit..now I have to buy VT lol

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

wco81 wrote:Economy must not be as bad as they say it is.
That or I just ebayed my old PS3 and that money is burning a hole in my pocket. ;)
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

I was going to get a Vita at launch for Wipeout 2048 just like I got a PSP at launch for Wipeout Pure, but the lack of custom races and customizable controls in 2048 really soured me on it. I'll probably wait till the first price drop now, which should happen by Thanksgiving at the latest.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

One thing to consider is the rapid improvement of SOCs every year.

Sony could re-design the Vita next year to manufacture the SOC on a smaller process. That would save them money (which they could pass on for price cuts) and battery life should improve, if they keep the same clock speed and CPU/GPU cores. They could actually boost the clock speed too, while keeping the same battery life.

It would be unprecedented to fragment the market by producing a higher-performance design within the same generation but with mobile devices, it's about constant performance gains every year or even every few months.

At this point, there aren't big complaints about battery life so a "Vita Slim" could go in different directions.