Ann Coulter: "That c*nt is no good."

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

Sudz wrote:i'd still do her
Have you ever seen The Crying Game?

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

You are right. You didn't literally defend her, but you said nothing disaproving her and tried to change the topic to Bill Maher. That's all.
These two are not worth getting up in arms about. I know you get a little sensitive when people accuse you of saying things you didn't. Forget about it.....She's a nut...Maher's whatever, (although I really don't think they belong in the same "group")....lets move on. I really think she says these things just to be "outrageous"and get a rise out of people.

tealboy03 wrote: Where in the hell did you read that I was defending her? Oh, that's right...between the lines. Right where most of the 'real' meaning comes from, huh? :roll:

Bill Maher is a dumbass; Coulter is a nut. But since we're bashing people who say really stupid things (or push someone else's stupid comments with glee and total agreement), I find it funny that I can't throw Maher into the stupidity soup without a reprisal.

As Forrest Gump put it..."Stupid is as stupid does". As for your labels of me, you can take them and put 'em somewhere else. If you insist, I can give some suggestions... :twisted:

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Macca00 wrote:
Sudz wrote:i'd still do her
Have you ever seen The Crying Game?
:lol: ...I think that guy was a much better looking broad :P

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

JackB1 wrote:Maher's whatever, (although I really don't think they belong in the same "group")....lets move on. I really think she says these things just to be "outrageous"and get a rise out of people.

Really?...because hes on HBO?

Remember 911?...Hes the guy that took the terrorsits side saying "we are the cowards" is he not?

Now thats not outrageous to you?...seems to me he belongs.

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

I think he said committing an act of terrorism isn't cowardly. I remember watching the show that night and I'm almost positive you don't have the quote right.

I looked for it to set the books straight but I couldn't find it.
[url=http://sensiblecoasters.wordpress.com/][b]Sensible Coasters - A critique of sports games, reviews, gaming sites and news. Questionably Proofread![/b][/url]

FatPitcher
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FatPitcher »

JRod wrote:I think he said committing an act of terrorism isn't cowardly. I remember watching the show that night and I'm almost positive you don't have the quote right.

I looked for it to set the books straight but I couldn't find it.
in response to some public figure saying something about a cowardly act of terrorism (referring to 9/11), he said that driving the plane into the tower wasn't cowardly, but firing missiles from many miles away was.

Bill Maher is like the guy in class who would always raise his hand and say something infuriatingly stupid while wearing a "pleased with his own cleverness" smile. Even if there was a kernel of something true in it, it didn't have any value and made you wonder what could possibly have motivated him to open his mouth. And he calls himself a libertarian. Feh.

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

The quote was:

"We have been the cowards lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles away. That's cowardly. Staying in the airplane when it hits the building, say what you want about it, it's not cowardly."

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

He didn't say it was right or wrong...he just said it wasn't cowardly.
What's so horrible about that? He's not siding with the terrorists.
If an American gives up his own life for his country or cause, it would be looked at as a great act of bravery and heroism, but if a terrorist does it, it's not? Whether or not you believe in the cause behind it, it's still the same basic principle.

Also, I don't agree that "lobbing missiles" is "cowardly" either. Anyone who signs up for the militiary is very brave indeed. I think Mahr was referring to the fact that we were "lobbing missles" at a country that can't lob them back at us. I don't agree with everything he says and he does
say stupid things now and then, but show me someone that doesn't? I think we need more shows like his, where guests are allowed to speak out on politics and what is going on with our country.

fsquid wrote:The quote was:

"We have been the cowards lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles away. That's cowardly. Staying in the airplane when it hits the building, say what you want about it, it's not cowardly."

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

FatPitcher wrote:
Brando70 wrote:I know a lot of what she says is hyperbole for the sake of attention, but she has a foundation of anti-democracy that runs through her writing, like many of the popular rightwing pundits.
This is why you get responses such as the one from tealboy. The insinuation is that because Ann Coulter is a crazy b*tch, her "team" must be more of the same. Naturally, people who have just been unwittingly lumped together with her (i.e., tealboy) will want to point out that there are idiots on the other side, too. And then the back-and forth continues, arguing about who's worse, who's more representative of their team, etc.

This game is played by both sides, and it's stupid.

Also, it sounds like you are questioning Ann Coulter's patriotism! :roll:
That's why I said pundits. In most cases, there's a big difference between the public mouthpieces and the private conservatives. My dad is a die-hard Republican and he doesn't sound like a psychopath. He doesn't think I'm a traitor to my country because I voted Democratic.

Coulter is anti-American. She is loyal to the United States of Ann Coulter, a country in her image. She's the kind of person who would have been right there to turn in her Jewish neighbors in Warsaw or push the Soviet peasants off their farms during collectivization. The problem is, she sells a lot of books. Some of those people reading her have to be taking her seriously. That bothers me.

And to paraphrase Jeffrey Ross, I wouldn't do her with Bea Arthur's dick. :P

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

fsquid wrote:The quote was:

Well that does change it . It isnt a Coulter like statement.

Though I will disagree with it. Killing 3000+ innocent people from a cave is cowardly.
I dont think Osama was on any of the planes.

He still belongs with the c*** :P

Brando70 wrote: And to paraphrase Jeffrey Ross, I wouldn't do her with Bea Arthur's dick. :P
:lol: ...Its funny cause its true ...

For not even having a show on HBO...The skank sure does get alot of air time.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

drop a load on her face.

kevinpars
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by kevinpars »

I was responding to this thread and after a while realized I didn't have anything particularly compelling to say. So I canceled out and went back to the main screen and suddenly Ann Coulter had gone from 'C----' to 'Meanie'.

Wow. I guess that makes the other guy a weenie.

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

kevinpars wrote:I was responding to this thread and after a while realized I didn't have anything particularly compelling to say. So I canceled out and went back to the main screen and suddenly Ann Coulter had gone from 'C----' to 'Meanie'.

Wow. I guess that makes the other guy a weenie.
You must have been pondering your words for a long time, because the thread title was switched sometime yesterday! ;)

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

"Meanie?" Have we become that PC here?

The immortal Morris "Mo" Wanchope from "Slap Shot" fame said it best while watching a soap opera in a bar with his Charlestown Chiefs' teammates: "That c*nt is no good."

I'm telling you, fellas, there's a metaphor for every aspect of life in "Slap Shot." :)

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

kevinpars
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by kevinpars »

Hey just found out this weekend that Peter Boyle and Robert Altman had both died. I guess that montage at the Academy Awards showing everyone who had died over the past year should have been my first clue.

Well, I had better run. With Gears of War coming out this week, I don't have a lot of time to chat.

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

kevinpars wrote:With Gears of War coming out this week, I don't have a lot of time to chat.
:lol:

I don't know, that curb stomp thing sounds gimmicky. It looks like just another Halo-wannabe, and that commercial shows like no gameplay.

I bet it doesn't sell.

RandyM
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by RandyM »

Wow...I sat this whole thread out ;) Go me ;)

vanburen
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by vanburen »

don't you guys have something better and more productive to talk about like, um... video games?

if you don't like her, ignore her. calling her names and showing your outrage only makes her stronger and more popular.

outspoken media whores like nothing more than being the subject of discussion. that's why she and and her bizarro-twin al franken say outrageous things and put out a silly book every couple years.

the thing they fear most: irrelevance. Look at Franken. People stopped listening to him on his radio network, so to stay in the news, he says he'll run for congress.

"look at me!!! Please, Look at me!!!"

but as consumers we have the power to say "Nope. Who are you again?"

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

vanburen wrote:don't you guys have something better and more productive to talk about like, um... video games?

if you don't like her, ignore her. calling her names and showing your outrage only makes her stronger and more popular.

outspoken media whores like nothing more than being the subject of discussion. that's why she and and her bizarro-twin al franken say outrageous things and put out a silly book every couple years.

the thing they fear most: irrelevance. Look at Franken. People stopped listening to him on his radio network, so to stay in the news, he says he'll run for congress.

Really, her bizarro twin would be Al Franken? I think it might be Janine Garafalo but not Franken.

No actually if we are talking bizarro world, her bizarro twin would be Rosie O'donnell.
[url=http://sensiblecoasters.wordpress.com/][b]Sensible Coasters - A critique of sports games, reviews, gaming sites and news. Questionably Proofread![/b][/url]

JackB1
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JackB1 »

you are so right.

vanburen wrote:don't you guys have something better and more productive to talk about like, um... video games?

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

Franken is not the liberal equivalent of Coulter. Did you ever listen to his show?

FatPitcher
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FatPitcher »

Slumberland wrote:Franken is not the liberal equivalent of Coulter. Did you ever listen to his show?
It's often that my predictions come true, but multiple times in a single thread? Awesome.

New link on Drudge that documents uses of the term "f*ggot" by the tolerant team.

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

Glad I could help you feel all Kreskin, FatPitcher, but he just ain't, that's all. I was trying to think of who might fit the bill, and if someone mentioned, say, Mike Malloy (who I'm pretty sure I heard call for the president's death one night on Air America) or someone as shrill as Randi Rhodes, I could see the point... but Franken's fairly centrist, often had conservative guests on his show and was very civil. But neither Malloy or Rhodes have nearly as high a profile as Coulter.

FatPitcher
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FatPitcher »

Slumberland wrote:Franken's fairly centrist, often had conservative guests on his show and was very civil.
So he didn't call them big fat idiots or lying liars in person? That's very civil of him.

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

I don't mean to get into a "my high profile pundit is better than their's" argument... Coulter's comments don't concern me. I only chimed in because I don't think Franken's the cartoon that some conservatives would like to paint him as. Why I feel the need to stick up for him on a videogame message board... I have no idea.

...as for his book titles, I found them pretty un-funny, but more or less school-yard taunts. You've gotta slap something on the front to get attention, I guess.