Emergence Day (GOW)

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

New GoW multiplayer maps coming Thursday...

Unfortunately these are at a cost :evil:

800 pts or free after 9/3...

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/13369/Gea ... Announced/

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

I don't mind the cost I guess... they sound really cool:

Bullet Marsh: In this Kryll-infested swamp, an old generator still powers the area lights. A few stray bullets could easily knock out the generator, leaving combatants to fend for themselves against the Kryll.

Garden: This overgrown and crumbling conservatory still has a working fertilization and pesticide system. This system can pose a serious hazard to anyone who ventures into the greenhouse without first venting the air.

Process: Teams must fight for control of this subterranean Imulsion processing plant, still active despite the cessation of the Pendulum wars.

Subway: Timgad’s Central Subway station used to serve as a central hub for commuters. Now the tunnels are crawling with Locust.

The “Hidden Fronts” Multiplayer Map Pack will explode onto Xbox LIVE Marketplace on May 3 for 800 Microsoft Points as gamers steady their aim, pull the pin from their grenades and get ready to battle once more! All four of the new maps will be made available at no cost over Xbox LIVE on Sept. 3, 2007.

The descriptions make a couple of them sound interactive but is that just part of the description? Knocking out a generator? Hmmmm....
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Generators? Ah, hell, Zeppo will love that...
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Damn, it's hard enough finding Teal in some nook or cranny in full daylight. Turn out the lights and it's going to take the Tealhunt to a whole different level. :)
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

RobVarak wrote:Damn, it's hard enough finding Teal in some nook or cranny in full daylight. Turn out the lights and it's going to take the Tealhunt to a whole different level. :)

Tealhunt...hmmm...I kinda like that... :lol:
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

tealboy03 wrote:

Tealhunt...hmmm...I kinda like that... :lol:
Oh, we've been using that for months ;)
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

This is the marketplace item the Gears Devs and MS were fighting over for some time. The Devs wanted to make the map packs a free release, while MS was insisting on pricing to preserve the 'value' of marketplace items. They finally compromised with the 'halo strategy,' pay first and free later.

To quote The Happenings, See You in September! :)

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

Teambox with some hands-on impressions of the new maps. I loath micro-transactions (although I feel it's an inevitable conclusion) but this one will be tempting. For some reason, I think t hese boards will better show off the Annex mode than the existing maps.

However, I don't necessarily agree that GoW will be out of rotation in September. I think it has enough legs to stick around so I may wait on the DLC. I'll probably take my lead from the rest of the DSP faithful as I don't see gaming much GoW with randoms.

Gotta hand it to Cliffy and team though, especially if they did strongly support making all of the additional content free.

http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1 ... of-War/p1/

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Just an FYI...

The new maps are INSANELY cool!!!! Worth every penny IMO.

They are huge, and have some incredible effects. They are perfect for Annex mode!
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Emergence Day (GOW)

Post by Pete1210 »

Anyone else pick up the remastered Gears on XB1? I'm hoping to get a few friends together for some private versus games (all we need is 4).
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Pete1210 wrote:Anyone else pick up the remastered Gears on XB1? I'm hoping to get a few friends together for some private versus games (all we need is 4).
I'm skipping this one, maybe if they added horde mode to the original I would of purchased it.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Danimal wrote:
Pete1210 wrote:Anyone else pick up the remastered Gears on XB1? I'm hoping to get a few friends together for some private versus games (all we need is 4).
I'm skipping this one, maybe if they added horde mode to the original I would of purchased it.
Same here. I was tempted, as there are quite a few over at GWJ playing it, but Madden is sucking up all my time. Will wait for sale or maybe free with Gold. Too many more games coming.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Horde was my favorite online and I too was going to pass on this. But a friend of mine wants to play coop campaign and it was only 32 with GCU. Final straw was when I found out playing this one will get you free access to digital versions of all the other Gears games when they go BC on XB1 this fall.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Pete1210 wrote:Final straw was when I found out playing this one will get you free access to digital versions of all the other Gears games when they go BC on XB1 this fall.
Since i still have all my Gears 360 games this isn't really a benefit for me.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation