NFL Season 2012-2013

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NFL Season 2012-2013

Post by Danimal »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Danimal wrote:Now being investigated in a double murder and smoking weed isn't what I was referring too. Did he not have ties to a gang or am I confusing him with someone else? I could be off base but I seem to recall his name coming up with that type of connection.
As Brando said, this isn't something new for NFL prospects. So what if he knows bangers...I bet 75% of the NFL is associated w/ some gangsters of some sort, that's just a facet of where they grow up.
So what exact point are your arguing then? You think the Patriots should get out of the cap penalty? because that was all I was commenting on. They had the guy in their system for 2 years if they didn't know the types of people he ran with that's their own fault.

Also didn't he grow up in Bristol CT? That's far from inner city my man and in the Patriots own backyard.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Doesn't surprise me that Billacheat drafted him. :lol:

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Danimal wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:
Danimal wrote:Now being investigated in a double murder and smoking weed isn't what I was referring too. Did he not have ties to a gang or am I confusing him with someone else? I could be off base but I seem to recall his name coming up with that type of connection.
As Brando said, this isn't something new for NFL prospects. So what if he knows bangers...I bet 75% of the NFL is associated w/ some gangsters of some sort, that's just a facet of where they grow up.
So what exact point are your arguing then? You think the Patriots should get out of the cap penalty? because that was all I was commenting on. They had the guy in their system for 2 years if they didn't know the types of people he ran with that's their own fault.

Also didn't he grow up in Bristol CT? That's far from inner city my man and in the Patriots own backyard.
No, the Pats shouldn't get out of the cap penalty. The collective bargaining agreement states that unless the contract has a "failure to perform" clause in it, you're stuck. The Pats, while they usually give those, didn't in his case so it's their own damn fault. Kraft had glowing remarks for Hernandez after he signed that deal, so clearly they were fleeced.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Trying to remember some other pro athletes who got into trouble and whether their team got a break on his contract.

OK, Falcons got some of the bonus money back for Vick IIRC but did they get cap relief?

Rae Carruth was convicted of murder but that was awhile back and certainly under a different CBA.

Pats are going to be scrambling now, since Gronk may not be ready to play at the beginning of the season and they let Welker go.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Tim Tebow you're starting tight end and Urlacher out of football. World makes perfect sense.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

MizzouRah wrote:Doesn't surprise me that Billacheat drafted him. :lol:

His on the field performance was just fine. Pro-bowl. Great target for Brady. Lots of scumbags in all sports.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

MizzouRah wrote:Doesn't surprise me that Billacheat drafted him. :lol:

His on the field performance was just fine. Pro-bowl. Great target for Brady. Lots of scumbags in all sports.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Danimal wrote:Tim Tebow you're starting tight end and Urlacher out of football. World makes perfect sense.
I'd take a less talented Tebow over some idiot thug anyday.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

snaz16
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by snaz16 »

Teal wrote:
Danimal wrote:Tim Tebow you're starting tight end and Urlacher out of football. World makes perfect sense.
Less talented QB. It would not surprise me that Tebow could turn into a solid TE. or H-back.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

snaz16 wrote:
Teal wrote:
Less talented QB. It would not surprise me that Tebow could turn into a solid TE. or H-back.

I've heard some former players say you can't just all of a sudden become an effective blocker, which would be required to play TE.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

How true that was in the 60s in 70s. Now all you have to do besides catch passes is smash cameras and cell phones. I am sure Timmiee!!! can handle that..

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

If Robert Kraft vowed to change how they scrutinize players just a couple of days ago when he finally talked to a few reporters, how does he now justify keeping Alfonso Dennard after what just happened?
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

I am a bit bored and also looking forward to this next NFL season. I LOVES THE NFLs!

Thinking Isaac Bruuce perhaps my 2nd favorite Ram all time. Great start with a blocked punt and awesome payoff with the game winning TD in SB XXXIV.

AWESOME! player that finished his career 4th all time in receiving yds http://www.pro-football-reference.com/l ... career.htm and 7th all time in receptions.

Sadly he didnt make a fool of himself , act like an asshole or commit any crimes. Great team player in addition to his GREAT single player accomplishments so he will probably be over looked by the weak and miserable c*** at espn and the regular ass clown media.... So I begin his campaign for the HoF here.....Found this sucker on the youtubes. 8)

BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!