Anybody here still play Rainbow Six 3 on XBL?

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Anybody here still play Rainbow Six 3 on XBL?

Post by pk500 »

Boys:

I miss the fun of Rainbow Six 3 on XBL, especially co-op. I know RS: Lockdown will be out in less than two months, but does anyone here still play the original RS:3 online? Not Black Arrow, but the original?

The night where BBReBozo and I put three clips apiece into Neck's carcass in a co-op game at Alcatraz might have been one of the funniest gaming experiences of my life. Plus that game is fantastic. I miss that.

I sold Ghost Recon 2 yesterday, as I have tired of it. It's not the same as GR or GRIT -- hard to describe. Plus our Poker Nights have dwindled recently due to Splinter Cell's release, and I think Forza will cut into that even more. And once RS: Lockdown is released, I think GR 2 will collect even more dust than it is now in my collection, as I've played it once or twice in the last month. I never play it offline.

I'm possibly looking for another shooter to complement Brothers in Arms and fill a void until Lockdown is released. The more I read about Lockdown, the more I'm intrigued. First to Fight has received mixed reviews, so I want to rent that first.

But RS 3 always delivered, so it might be a good pickup for $15. Just checking to see if anyone here plays it anymore on XBL.

Thanks,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Boom
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Boom »

Go figure. Couldn't find anyone to play so I ditched it during my "sell-everything-that-hasn't-seen-the-inside-of-console-in-over-a-month-to-fund-my-psp" ebay campaign.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Sorry to hear you got rid of GR2 8O . I fully plan on keeping Tuesday GR2 nights going, so it's too bad you won't be there.

Just last night I got in some good GR2 with Sully and FIFAInspected and his crowd. Great stuff! I really like having a game where 10 or 12 guys can join in. Don't get me wrong, I love the brilliant and unique gameplay of SC two-on-two, but it's fun to have the big rooms once in a while. Just last week, Mix and Fshguy tempted the GR2 gods by trying to play SC on Tuesday night, and they had a miserable evening with random opponents! Served 'em right, and they have vowed never to transgress in such a way again!

I got rid of RS:BA a while ago, before the new one was delayed. I'm surprised, PK, that though you prefer the old RS3 better than RS:BA, you are "intrigued" by Lockdown. It seems to me BA was a stepping-stone on the way towards Lockdown, but I don't really know. In any case, the co-op gameplay was identical in those two games (except the enemies could use gas and flash-bangs in the newer one, which made it more unpredictable and fun), but the maps were new.

bkrich83
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bkrich83 »

Pk, My brother, a friend of ours, and I play RS6 the original version all of the time.
-BK

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

BK:

Cool. I may get it, may not. Not sure at this point.

Just finished a spring cleaning, and my game library is down to only four titles: Winning Eleven 8, TOCA 2, Colin McRae Rally 2005 and Brothers in Arms.

I'm just not gaming that much these days, and I almost sold everything -- console, peripherals, games -- this weekend. But it is a hobby I still enjoy from time to time, so I figured I'll sell all titles except for my desert-island games. Sold four games, pumped the eBay fund a bit.

Close Combat First to Fight is getting mixed reviews for offline play, but most praise the online play as a mix of FSW and the original Ghost Recon. And Black Hawk Down could be pretty wild if the developers come close to their promise of 50-player rooms on XBL.

Or maybe I'll get nothing except Forza. Who knows? Who cares? :)

No worries.

Take care,
PK
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

athletics_fan
Mario Mendoza

Post by athletics_fan »

PK,

I still play the original from time to time.

It was one of the best XBL experiences I've ever had. Very fun game which never got old to me.

If you do re-purchase the game and would like to jump online with it, I'm game.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

A's:

Thanks, man. Still unsure whether I'm going to buy this game or anything at all. I'll look for you if I repurchase RS:3.

Thanks,
PK

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

I own Rainbow Six but haven't played it in ages. I actually prefer Black Arrow myself. What exactly don't you like about Black Arrow pk?

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

AcemanPR wrote:I own Rainbow Six but haven't played it in ages. I actually prefer Black Arrow myself. What exactly don't you like about Black Arrow pk?
Didn't like Canister and the other new multiplayer modes. Way too much run and gun.

Black Arrow should have been a $19.99 expansion pack. No way it was worth the $40 price. It was RS:3 with new maps, and new multiplayer modes that I didn't like.

Take care,
PK